Newfield Exploration

Add Photos

Newfield Exploration Chairman, President, and CEO Lee K. Boothby

Lee K. Boothby

Great Company to Work For

ProsWonderful experience with direct supervisors and management in general. Company works to keep everyone educated in things happening in the industry as well as within the company.

ConsCompensation package was not what Human Resources promised when going through the interview stage. Took position anyway, in hopes that compensation will improve.

Great company to work for

ProsPay for performance, opportunity for career growth

ConsFlexible company, change may uncomfortable for some

Wonderful company.

Senior Accountant (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThey treat their people well.

ConsConsolidating accounting and finance at the corporate office thus limiting opportunities in regional offices

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Undergoing a lot of change....

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

Pros- Egos don't get in the way - just get the job done and you'll be rewarded well. Everyone strives to do the 'right thing'. Good culture.
    - Very, very few micro-managers- - the flip side is that you better be able to function without a lot of guidance.
    - Lots of opportunities - if you are willing to move around.
    - Focus was on employees - now more focus directed toward shareholders and stock price is going up! It makes those stock awards worth something!
    - VP in Denver is top notch.

Cons- Depending on your reporting structure, you may have a great manager, or a very untrained front-line manager.
    - Management does not dictate what has to be done.... and so even the simplest changes are driven from the bottom up. This makes universally adopted change very difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementL-E-A-D by example. Tighten your belts and walk the walk.
    Don't forget the original set of values!

is a great company to work for.

Petroleum Engineer (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsNewfield is a great company that is quickly to react to opportunities that arise. There is not much red tape to fight.

ConsIt is a very rapidly changing company that seems to have a substantial amount of turnover.

A place where you can learn.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsA tight-knit family atmosphere where there is a lot of emphasis on employee growth and learning. Excellent benefits, access to senior management and knowledge sharing.

ConsThe company accomplishes a lot with a small number of people. Expect to work hard but be rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to make yourself open to employees in every way possible. Pop in unannounced to different offices and visit a floor of employees to make the meetings more spontaneous.

Positive, Challenging & Exciting!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

Prosautonomy, new challenge every day, teamwork, growth, positive environment

Constop-down communication definitely needs work, but was already improving by the time I left

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep morale up and respect all employee levels.

Great working experience

ProsGreat environment, great monetary benefits, can get things done fast, efficient.

ConsUnstructured career development (training & employee development)

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job! This is a great place to work with.

Newfield Exploration

HSE (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThere are lots of opportunities to make an impact. Good compensation against peers. Talented, young and excited core staff.

ConsHigh paced with pretty high pressure to perform. Travel schedule gets a little crazy sometimes.

Newfield is educational, empowering and supportive of my endeavors - both personal and professional.

Materials Analyst (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

Prosethical and kind colleagues and leadership, positive atmosphere, growth opportunity, phenomenal intern and technical programs for new graduates, fair to competitive compensation packages, annual bonuses based on professional contribution to the company

Conshistorically, communication from top-down has been less than satisfactory, but major changes have occurred to continually correct this short-falling, they also put more effort into their technical groups versus their commercial groups (standard operation for the industry) but there are also measures being taken to improve in this area

Advice to Senior Managementjust keep the communication coming, and keep an eye on some of your long-time managers to discourage "the boy's club"

Worked for Newfield Exploration? Contribute to the Community!