Newforma

3.2

Ian Howell

Great Place, Rapid Growth

I have been working at Newforma full-time

Pros

There is a lot of change and rapid growth. Awesome training and work life balance, not to mention the compensation is very competitive. the culture is really fun and its a fairly young company.

Cons

the change constantly can be hard and unsettling, however it provides ample room for career growth. there are also some people in the upper management who are not on the same page as everyone else and it is clear who they are.

Keep on going on. Keep hiring really cool and awesome people to grow the business with and that should fill in the rest.

Great Growing Company

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Newforma full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, great compensation plan. Company has had substantial growth year over year for several years and continues to grow rapidly. Every member of the organization is approachable and willing to listen. Upper Management always tries to make sure that employees are taken care of. Ability to earn good money and future advancement opportunities as the company continues to grow.

Cons

The biggest challenge at Newforma is the company is still growing and changes can happen very quickly. While the changes have usually been for the best, you must be able to pivot quickly and adjust to the new structure.

Great company. Tough market.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

I have been working at Newforma (less than an year)

Pros

I've only been at newforma for a brief period but it has been a great experience so far. The sales team has seen quite a few changes including frequent territory changes but it all seems to make sense. Senior manager definitely knows what they are doing. Everyone is willing to help and senior management is quite approachable. Sales targets are very high so you need to work hard to make your number. What's new ;)

Cons

It takes quite a long time to figure out what the products do and how to pitch successfully to customers. New rep training is pretty weak. The market for project management tools is very congested with lots of competition.

Please keep communicating.

Excellent experience at Newforma.

I have been working at Newforma full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co-workers are very fun to work with and folks at the top of the ladder are very accessible. They are flexible with work schedules which is important because I have children, (they will allow work from home with pre-approval). The starting pay for a salesman is incredibly competitive - better than anything else I was able to find despite having experience. If a business-case can be made, they will offer training, travel or many other expenditures. I've had better time-off offerings, but what Newforma offers is definitely up to par. The benefits are better than I have had at other companies. Career options exist but are limited as the company is still small (but growing quickly).

Cons

The company is still growing, so certain aspects tend to change quickly. While this is not necessarily bad, the constant changing of expectations can be frustrating at times.

Challenging and fun

I have been working at Newforma full-time (less than an year)

Pros

We work hard but we are rewarded. We go out to lunch, have field trips, go to happy-hour, have company "meetings" for the last hour of the day, get sales training, and enjoy free coffee in the morning. In the office we work hard and my colleagues are always willing to help me out. upper management is willing to work with you on your schedule so its easy to get all your work done even if you have something to do. Company pays for future college classes, which is a big benefit for me.

Cons

The changes in the last few months have been swift, so I feel like I am out of sorts sometimes. There is a 401k but the company does not match.

Keep up the change you are headed in the right direction.

Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Newforma full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Great product that is well received by our customers as evidenced by our 99.3% renewal rate. I have also made some life long friends here. Probably the best part of Newforma are its people. I have always been respected and treated fairly. And I have always gotten tremendous internal support all the way up to the founders of the company. Everyone is always willing to lend a helping hand. As a member of the Enterprise Sales team, my experience has been that so long as you perform, you are left alone and allowed to manage your territory as you see fit. Not micro-managed at all. And as with any sales position, if you work hard and make your numbers then all is good. If you don't make your numbers, well I don't know of any company that can tolerate that for a long period. I suppose there will always be a handful of disgruntled former employees that will cast stones, so you have to take that for what it is. My experience has been that Sales Management is supportive, fair and gives the sales reps every opportunity to succeed.

Cons

As with any young growing software company there are growing pains. Newforma has doubled in the number of employees over the past couple of years (a good sign), so there are a lot of new people transitioning and adjusting to the Newforma way.

Be aggressive in advancing the technology and product roadmap and listen to the sales organization. We are the eyes and ears (on the front lines) of the company.

Not a typical VC backed company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I worked at Newforma full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent salary, good benefits, independent

Cons

If you are OK with big brother, micro management and constant berating, then it's an OK company. Product is way behind its competitors. There is NO company culture.

Founders need to step away and let others sculpt the product to keep up with the competitors. Cut out layers. A VC backed company shouldn't have so many layers of mgmt. Lean, mean and versatile are not present.

Sales People Should Be Warned

Former Employee - Sales in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Sales in Manchester, NH

I worked at Newforma full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I can't think of too many reasons to want to work here if you are in sales. I would say the technical staff and trainers are great people and very helpful when you need them. They have a great attitude when it comes to helping customers and sales people succeed.

Cons

There is no leadership when it comes to the sales department or vision of the product for future growth. The company will begin falling from this point and start losing market value.

The problem begins and ends with certain members of upper management. The managers don't have any experience in scaling a company and never offer any good communication to his employees. The sales leadership is even worse. They offer no guidance, information or time for a simple meeting to review strategy. You work hard to create a pipeline and the sales leaders move your accounts to another Account Manager for no good reason. No matter how many calls you make or metrics you hit the sales leader will always create a reason to throw you under the bus.

Sales people are divided into hunters and account managers. The hunters have little left to go after and cannot sell into the accounts after the first small sale. To get deals done you have to give the stuff away since the product is so expensive and not an essential product to buy. This kills your ability to make a decent commission.

Begin by installing seasoned business management to take the company to the next level. Offer the sales people a chance to sell into accounts they acquire and give them a competitive salary and benefits which is well below the industry standard. Show your employees you actually care by giving a few perks such as a respectable holiday party and benefits. Communicate the issues and vision of the company. Glad I didn't spend a lot of time here.

Build pipeline, nothing but praise, positive traction in accounts and so they take the accounts away.

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Newforma full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pro is that I wasn't here long enough to waste too much of my life.

Cons

Sales leadership is nonexistent. Value proposition is vague and unimpressive. They have had to give the product away to gain any market share. Accounts are taken away without warning. New middle management tier hire old friends to replace current loyal employees.

Do the investors a favor and fall on a sword.

Great place to launch your career!

Current Employee - Inside Sales Advisor in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Advisor in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Newforma full-time

Pros

I am a woman on the sales team with Newforma and I personally have had such a phenomenal experience here. This company has provided me excellent training from one of world’s most successful and well known selling systems. The sales team has an outstanding manager with years of experience who is there to give on the spot feedback and advice. The training is very valuable if you are looking to start a career in software. This is a fast pace environment with a great office culture. Everyone throughout the company is dedicated to their job and more than willing to help with anything you need. As a sales team we exceed goals together while having fun! Newforma goes above and beyond in investing in your career. I strongly recommend working for this company.

Cons

I have had such a positive experience here and there are no cons I can think of.