Newly Weds Foods Reviews

Charles T. Angell

1. Market Intelligence Consultant

Former Employee - Market Intelligence Consultant in Mount Prospect, IL
    Former Employee - Market Intelligence Consultant in Mount Prospect, IL

I worked at Newly Weds Foods (More than a year)

Pros

Good team of individuals to work with

Cons

Inconsistent payment for services rendered.

Advice to Management

Continue on the same course.

2. If you're looking for a place to call home, this is where you can do it.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Newly Weds Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible health insurance benefits, friendly co-workers, stable and growing company in business since the 1930's, so you know they're not going anywhere any time soon. Great place if you're the type of person who likes to find a steady job and stay there. Some employees have been here for 20, 30 years. People are commenting below about the condition of the offices. This is a plant/manufacturing environment - this isn't a high rise in downtown Chicago, and it isn't for everyone. Yes, the building is old and dirty. Yes, most of us wish Charles would spring for some repairs/renovations. But, I mean, you interviewed here before you started your job. You got a chance to take a look around, and you knew that the place wasn't pretty going into it. If you're that disgusted, maybe you shouldn't have accepted the job offer in the first place. I'd rather work in a run-down office with some of the nicest, most welcoming people I've ever met than work in a brand new LEED-certified building at a company where I'm miserable every day. It all depends what your personal preferences are concerning your career.

Cons

Location isn't the most convenient. Most of us have to take a couple buses to get here or drive through some rough areas. Room for advancement in some areas like R&D, but fairly flat in others.

Terrible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Have been getting bonuses at the end of year which is considered a Christmas bonus but that's just some of the money you are getting back from not being paid every other week. Christmas parties but that's the least Charles could do but one year he won an iPad in the raffle and actually accepted it. This man is a millionaire and owner of the company why did he even get in the raffle!

Cons

You only get raises, promotions and advancements if you are on top of the food chain. They don't appreciate the work you do if you go above and beyond. HR sucks. Management terrible. Some of the co workers are very snooty and feel entitled. It's a food distribution workplace but it's disgusting, big roaches and rats, mold and leaks. this company has no empathy for the little people.

Advice to Management

If employees hadn't got too comfortable, had more qualifications or felt like looking for another job your turn over rate would be a lot higher so that says a lot about you and this company.

Horrible Management!!!!!

Former Employee - Pricing in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Pricing in Chicago, IL

I worked at Newly Weds Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great food company to work at if you like to see rats running around!

Cons

high turnover, lazy + rude HR team, management doesn't care about developing or keeping employees, low pay raises - if any, too many games + politics between departments, DISGUSTING, DIRTY FACILITIES - AND YOU'RE A FOOD COMPANY!!!!!!! the list of cons is endless

Advice to Management

Get a clue! Take a class or something and learn how to treat and motivate employees. The revolving door of employees should be an alert that something is bad wrong there but HR + management doesn't care at all

Aug 28, 2015 – Recruiter / Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on Glassdoor. We value any and all feedback from both current and former employees, and pride ourselves on creating an environment where employees ... More

6. Regulatory Coordinator

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great benefits, wonderful people, fast paced environment

Cons

Lack of system improvements, not much room for growth, outdated amenities

quality control

Former Employee - Quality Control Technician in Yorkville, IL
    Former Employee - Quality Control Technician in Yorkville, IL

I worked at Newly Weds Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

believe in a degree rather than experience.

Advice to Management

experience counts

Great place to work. Feels like a home away from home.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Newly Weds Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly environment, work-life balance is great, good starting point to a career.

Cons

Not many resources available for training, networking and education. You're on your own if you want to further your knowledge.

If you thrive in an environment of fear of fear, this is the place for you.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Newly Weds Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the best co-workers I ever had. Pretty laid back about time off. Good company match investment program.

Cons

Most people work in a constant state of fear of the owner. Very few people will stand up to or disagree with him. This causes most people to be fearful of making decisions. This also causes a lot of people to play the blame game. Watch out for buses and knives coming at your back. Pay is way below average. This is a company that has grown a lot over the last 10 years but in many ways is still run like a small company.

Dec 4, 2014 – HR Recruiter

Newly Weds Foods, Inc. is committed to providing a positive work environment for our employees. As a result, we do not take complaints lightly and encourage employees to voice any concerns to their ... More

Not hell but you can see it from here

I have been working at Newly Weds Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good insurance, my co-workers are great. great location.

Cons

work schedule always changing, not being able to plan your weekend ahead of time. having to put in for a vacation day to insure a weekend off.no 401k match. very low pay for the area.no room for employee advancement .always working on your days off. not family oriented. very,very under staffed. management treats employees like we are just slaves, not people.

Advice to Management

Quit lying to Charles before you get caught, quit having us employees lie for you. treat your employees with respect, we are the ones that can make you look good or bad. a mad employee is a bad employee. listen to your employees, they are the ones that do the job every day and have been for years and know the best way, safest way, and fastest way of doing the job, just because you do it a certain way in other places don't mean it will work here. this plant is way different than the others. please listen before things get worse than they already are.

Dec 27, 2013 – HR Recruiter

Newly Weds Foods, Inc. is a global leader in food processing and food service and we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. Given our growing business, we run 24 hours a ... More

11. Good

Pros

Good location and people there

Cons

Bad political environment too much drama

RSS Feed </> Embed