Newman Regional Health Reviews

It is good

Current Employee - Nurse  in  Emporia, KS
    Current Employee - Nurse in Emporia, KS

I have been working at Newman Regional Health

Pros

Good people, great maintenance team,and friendly environment.

Cons

Pay for nurses is below average.

Back off on the micro managing.

Many people fired or positions eliminated but vision for future is not being shared by administration

I have been working at Newman Regional Health part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Utilizes Pyxis machines and bar code scanning. Active involvement in patient care by respiratory therapy and pharmacy in addition to nursing.

Cons

Employees are not given any explanations for drastic changes. Often decisions are being made without the right people "at the table".

Do what you said you would….Visit the departments so that you understand/see impact of changes being made. Would be even better if you understood how something works BEFORE making radical changes. Tell us what is wrong in your mind and give us the opportunity to suggest changes.

Poor departmental management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Emporia, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emporia, KS

I worked at Newman Regional Health

Pros

Small, clean hospital located in the heartland of America. Patient demographics varied. Good insurance and other benefits offered. Caring staff.

Cons

Personal agenda of management proved to be detrimental to the entire department in which I worked. Respect given to long term employees was null. I cannot comment on other departmental areas.

The "front lines" are the representatives of the hospital. Those faces were well known by the community, making a visit to the hospital less traumatic. Losing those faces, due to disregard, caused much distrust among the very people of whom the hospital purports to care.

Worked for Newman Regional Health? Contribute to the Community!