Newmarket International

Updated September 2, 2014
Updated September 2, 2014
3.7

Jeff Hiscox

Great company with great potential, unlimited growth and accepting work environment. One of the good ones!

Current Employee - Report Developer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Report Developer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Newmarket International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growth as a company and personally, earnings potential, positive atmosphere, training and assistance, Free lunch Fridays, work is hard at times but very rewarding. generous time off policies

Cons

Job load is heavy for my line of work, work-life balance as a salaried employee

This company does VERY well at listening to the employees, so I commend you for that. The only thing I can recommend is that you keep challenging us with goals to push us further forward and don't change the work atmosphere too much now that Amadeus IT has acquired us. Amadeus IT, please look at your potential combined with ours and make decisions that will help all of us under Amadeus' umbrella to thrive and succeed.

Absolutely no career growth opportunities

I worked at Newmarket International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work-Personal life balance is great.
    Good people/coworkers

Cons

No career growth options.
    Benefits not on par with other companies in the area.
    Lack of communication within team and cross team.
    Process heavy leading to low productivity.
    Ineffective leadership and micromanagement.

Open up exciting and real career growth options and not 'old wine in new bottle' type of opportunities.
    Find a way to evaluate skills and reward employees accordingly.

Great Intern Experience

Current Employee - Hospitality Information Services Intern in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Hospitality Information Services Intern in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Newmarket International as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Knowledgeable staff and growing company

Cons

Not a lot of young people working there

Excellent Employer

I have been working at Newmarket International full-time

Pros

Newmarket is an excellent employer to work for. The balance between work and family time is excellent and the company half day Fridays in summer are a great benefit!

Cons

Newmarket is such a stable employer, there is hardly any turnover in employment. This is both a pro and a con- a pro for longevity and a con for advancement.

Newmarket has been a good place to work

Current Employee - Contracts Specialist
    Current Employee - Contracts Specialist

I have been working at Newmarket International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong company, and still growing

Cons

None to speak of at this time

Well run organization with quality leadership and great culture

I worked at Newmarket International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Solid leaders with strong vision for their business, an excellent team of professionals in key roles, committed to building a people-centric culture and rewarding achievement.

Cons

Can be process heavy and slower to market on new innovations, lacking a commitment to the user experience in their products. They are excellent at making things work as intended, but not a lot of resources spent in creating a solid user experience. Company relies on a strong sales force with little focus on marketing.

Spend more cycles on design and user experience. While NI products are world-class, software users make judgments on usability and overall design. They want to love your product and feel like it's the leading edge. A competitor with a streamlined, well-designed product could make in-roads.

Currently work for the company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Newmarket International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

HR staff is exceptional and available. Fast growing company and solid commitment to our customers going far beyond to create long term relationships. Associates, while overworked at times are for the most part 99% in a team mode. There is always one or two who need to reevaluate their longevity and attitude towards others and their responsibilities. Salary is fair considering the economy and benefits are very reasonable. This is over-all an upbeat company who clearly leans towards a work life/family balance and the workload may be heavy at times, they are not micro managers and respect their employees to get the job done with much flexibility with schedules. Over all I am very impressed with the company in just under a year and sense a great deal of respect from upper management through out. Very refreshing. Low turnover is a sign of a solid company.

Cons

Workload during transition and acquisition a bit too heavy and once accomplished, no positive feed back for a job well done. Sometimes, this means more than a bonus. It would be helpful to newer employees to receive feedback (both positive and suggestive) as confirmation. A strong company begins at the foundation.

Feed back to your specific teams is essential for moral. While this is clearly a money driven world we live in, positive feedback means so much to dedicated employees who want to see the company continue to succeed. Spontaneous bonus after an extraordinary quarter with far too many hours spent in the office is always a nice perk.

Great place to work

I have been working at Newmarket International

Pros

Flexible work schedule.
    Great at information sharing

Cons

Not much room for advancement.

Create more opportunities for growth and advancement.

Great bunch of Employees to work with but pay is on the lowest side I've seen anywhere

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Newmarket International

Pros

The employees are great
    The benifits are good
    Great place to learn a new carrer

Cons

Extremely underpays.
    Upper management will side with the customer over the employee.
    If a customer has the slightest issue with you ...You're terminated! Very Sad! I've seen lives destroyed because of this.

Start paying your employees.! Stand behind your employees!

Fair but no room for growth and poor communication.

I have been working at Newmarket International

Pros

Nice building and nice employees.

Cons

The dollar is more important than the person but isn't that the norm?
    Very poor raises - one small cost of living increase in two years.
    Departments are "silos" - no cross communication or shared goals.

Real communication and honesty. Many employees truly love Newmarket and would do more if they felt respected and heard.