News America Marketing Reviews

Updated April 21, 2015
127 reviews filtered by
3.1
Martin Garofalo

Pros
  • opportunity to travel, good benefits, nice office (in 10 reviews)

• Pay is better than most entry-level jobs, great experience, sales development program is great (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Contrary to some comments I've seen, I put in long hours when I worked at NAM but never viewed it as a sweat shop (in 16 reviews)

• Crazy hours, no work/life balance, hours of mindless busy work, promotions based on favoritism, terrible place to work (in 5 reviews)

1. Loved working with them

I worked at News America Marketing

Pros

Very open and free to do your job.

Cons

Did not help in advancement

2. Great place to work

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at News America Marketing

Pros

Great environment. The company culture is overall very young. It is a competitive atmosphere but not in a cut throat kind of way. Hard work is rewarded. Very competitive pay and great pay for entry level. Can make a lot of money when you move up.

Cons

Can be stressful at times and the first year requires a lot of hours.

Advice to Management

Continue to progress with the changing market.

3. Great place to work

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at News America Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-great team
    -upward mobility
    -office space
    -compensation
    -happy hour events
    -great weekly meetings

Cons

-cold weather
    -on the job training
    -vacation days

Excellent company

I worked at News America Marketing

Pros

Working for News America Marketing is an excellent opportunity, the benefits are excellent, the company has terrific values and the leadership is very motivating.

Cons

There are no Cons when working at News America Marketing, the work-life balance is excellent, there are lots of perks, company events, gym membership available, weight watchers meetings available.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

6. Great company if you're looking for a career as opposed to just a job.

I worked at News America Marketing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

NAM offers a comprehensive training program for new hires, is run by a bottom line oriented management team, which means they make money and they have been and will be around for a long time...as opposed to numerous start ups that emphasize "quality of life" and are here and gone in short order...no, you can't bring your pets to work. They provide upward opportunity for those willing to work hard and a quality work environment. Like all companies, they are not perfect, but having worked for several, I can say this is a company where good things generally happen to good people. Having read some "sour puss' reviews I can only surmise they are largely coming from people who found it difficult to compete, the same people who will probably be floating from job to job looking for employment Nirvana and eventually wondering why success has passed them by (never understanding you have to work for it)...good luck!

Cons

While NAM pays competitive compensation at entry levels and increasingly better packages for solid producers...this should be emphasized as opposed to a "one size fits all" perspective. Like many companies today the benefits continue to get trimmed, which is a con, but those with half a brain understand that that's part and parcel of modern corporate life in a world still operating on the fringes of a major recession and is often dictated by their parent corporation, News Corp, and is no different that most other major corporations; that being said, their medical benefits, vacations, etc. are competitive. This is not a place to consider unless you take career and career advancement seriously...if you do, then I would consider it. If you're just looking for a "job" and something to put on your resume (as NAM is a leader in their field), you'll be found out soon enough and see other more genuine employees move past you. Contrary to some comments I've seen, I put in long hours when I worked at NAM but never viewed it as a sweat shop...I worked long hours because I was enthusiastic about the work I did, greatly enjoyed the people I worked with and believe in the maxim, "The harder you work, the luckier you get." PS: The CEO worked harder and put in more hours then anyone, which I think is a good indicator of why they are so successful.

Advice to Management

A more relaxed/casual business dress code is appealing to young hires...something to consider.

7. Its great place to work.

Current Employee - Field Representative in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Current Employee - Field Representative in Tuscaloosa, AL

I have been working at News America Marketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule to do work has deadline to meet but you are in control.

Cons

Weather conditions hot and cold.

8. I have learnt a lot by working for this company.

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Wilton, CT

I have been working at News America Marketing part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The position/job is quite steady in the merchandising market. The job is always there; you do not have to worry that you would be out of work. The people that you work with are all very friendly and professional.

Cons

Sometimes you feel that you could get more compensation for all the work that you do.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to management except that I wish we could get their programs working better on my home computer; specifically, that I could print from their site.

9. Interesting industry, smart and fun employees, great culture

Current Employee - Account Coordinator
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator

I have been working at News America Marketing

Pros

Employee development is unmatched -- as an account coordinator, the company flies you up the its NYC headquarters multiple times in your first year for training.

Pay is great -- what other entry level marketing job, that doesnt require an MBA, starts at 50K?

Culture is open, fun and collaborative -- most employees are in their 20s and 30s

Cons

If you work for a bad Director, you will probably have a bad experience

10. Motivated people who care about the people they manage, and want to see them succeed.

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at News America Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Phenomenal management who understand the big picture. It's easy to not appreciate News Corp until you see how they understand the industry and can look ahead. I look forward to a long career here.

Cons

It's fast paced, and the experience absolutely varies from manager to manager. It's part of the experience, though. You'll be a better and more adaptable employee and salesperson because of it.

Advice to Management

We're a huge company with a small company feel, ties but not uptight, and I appreciate that. Just buy me a new computer, for god's sake.

11. Great part-time job. No age discrimination.

Current Employee - In-store Service Representative
    Current Employee - In-store Service Representative

I have been working at News America Marketing part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

able to work independently, able to choose the time, and to some degree days you work.

Cons

No fulltime and no benefits.