News Distribution Network Reviews

Greg Peters

1. Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at News Distribution Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome People Great Technology! Offices are very open and The Apple products are a Huge Plus!
    Management is very attentive!

Cons

I cant think of any cons at the moment. Everything seems to be in great working order

Advice to Management

None

2. Senior Software Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at News Distribution Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of people while I was there. Beverages were provided free of charge and a number of breakfasts and lunches were also given to us. Insurance was a free benefit at the time.

Cons

Management changed and direction was not always certain. This was what helped me make the decision to leave along with the fact that I would have an increase in income.

Advice to Management

Be upfront with the employees and tell them the short range and long range goals and why certain things are done after they have taken place.

This hurts.

I have been working at News Distribution Network full-time

Pros

There are 4 cool people who work here, and there is a 100% chance you will be smarter than your boss. Other than that, there are no pros

Cons

MEETINGS! MEETINGS ABOUT MEETINGS! MEETINGS TO DISCUSS WHAT WE WILL DISCUSS IN THE NEXT MEETING!

Management here has no idea what they are doing. The three people who are the CEO's sounding board are completely unqualified for that role. The CEO decided to buy a content recommendation company, when the core product that drives all of our revenue is in dire need of an investment to improve our technology. Morale couldn't be any lower. This isn't an exaggeration, 95% of employees are looking to leave.

Advice to Management

Hire an experienced CEO and retire, because you are in over your head. If drastic changes aren't made soon, this company will be out of business. Part of me thinks you are trying to put this company out of business, and if that is the case, great job!

5. Be prepared to work over 40 hours

I have been working at News Distribution Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits
    Nice location
    Coworkers you can be friendly with outside the office
    Opportunity to learn new skills and take on responsibility
    Stocked break room

Cons

Unorganized management
    Expected to be on-call at all times

Advice to Management

Develop a better chain of command

6. Always changing, high risk, high reward.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Atlanta, GA

I worked at News Distribution Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good equipment, good business idea, good healthcare benefits.

Cons

Management refuses to distribute responsibility and so everything bottlenecks.

Advice to Management

Listen to the market, quickly.

HA

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at News Distribution Network

Pros

free food, apple products, some of the people were really nice

Cons

everything besides the free food and apple products

Enter at your own risk! Morale is extremely low

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at News Distribution Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Apple Products
    Location
    Coworkers
    Free Health Coverage
    VP of Talent has the right ideas to change the company but doesn't seem to have the power

Cons

Unethical Business Practices
    Cable Cut off in NY office and we do news video's (go figure)
    Corporate Credit Cards Declining
    Lack of competence from internal IT support
    Letting employees goes at a rapid pace without notice
    Company Morale is POOR amongst employees
    Lack of Integrity from Engineering Manager
    Lack of communication from management
    Extreme fear of CDO who seems to be heavily medicated at times during business hours
    Employees drink heavily during lunch stressed about their job
    Extremely Poor Financial responsibility (company cards decline, partner checks bounce constantly)
    No communication from finance when things happen
    HR is just a name there because at the end of the day they want to protect their job
    Everyone is afraid of CDO and looks for jobs daily while at work to get away from her
    Cut off lunch and snacks without notice and that was a perk for employees
    Late paying bonuses to sales team
    Partners leaving because they see through the mess

Advice to Management

The only reason I am still at this company is because I am still searching for a job elsewhere. People have been let go that has been with the company for years or a few months without any notice. You just show up to work and notice the person missing. Several workers drink heavily at the Bucket Shop for lunch and reek of a alcohol upon their return. Management is too busy cutting people to even notice. 60% of the employees in the Atlanta location are looking for jobs and they think just because they are releasing a new product that will build morale! Newsflash employees are fed up from NY to Atlanta. To put it directly NDN is the most disorganized company I have ever worked for. The engineer team is constantly bickering and none of them trust the head of engineering, and they even challenge teammates to fights. The company is run on fear of leadership and false communication to it's employees. I predict that NDN won't even be around in 3 years and management is too busy covering up lies to see they are tearing down the very people they need to be successful the employees.

AVOID NDN at all cost! If you take a job here you will regret it! Trust me most of us are applying for jobs elsewhere as we speak.

Not A Good Place To Work. Avoid.

I have been working at News Distribution Network

Pros

-Apple Products (if you like working on Apple Computers and iPhone)

-Most of the people are nice and hard working

-The office and the location itself is pretty nice

- Healthcare is paid for by NDN

-There used to be catered lunches, but they realized they are not Google and don't have the money to do this so they were abruptly removed without notice

Cons

-NDN is the most disorganized company I have ever worked for. I think a Chic-Fil-A store has more structure and leadership than NDN. The company is run on fear of leadership and false communication to it's employees. Both the CEO and self-proclaimed CDO (who changed her own title from CSO) are absolutely clueless on how to run a business especially one within the media/technology industry.

-The company extremely questionable business decisions and direction changes everyday. Unethical decisions and morally bankrupt leadership leads to many unhappy partners.

-Always expected to be on call 24/7 without the recognition or pay for working long hours

-The CDO is single handily ruining the entire business. Partnerships are failing everyday because of her lack of industry knowledge and leadership. Her only advantage is that employees fear speaking up because they don't want to be fired.

There is a consistent lack of communication. People are fired and no one finds out until they don't show up. Partners aren't paid and no one finds out until the checks bounce.

Any positive review on here is from NDN's so called HR department which is absolutely abysmal at dealing with any HR related issue. Their only job is to fire employees.

Advice to Management

Option 1- Sell the company

Option 2
    Have the CDO step down immediately

Hire a leadership team with experience in start-ups and let them revamp the entire business

Listen to your employees

Instead of copying other companies trends and cultures be original and create your own

Invest in technology and new employees to build an actual technology company

Stop churning and burning employees. Don't hire someone if they're not a fit

Build products that meet partner expectations.

Stop lying to your partners and employees

Worst Company in Atlanta

I worked at News Distribution Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Snacks are great. Some of the people are/were ok. Good location.

Cons

1. Leadership doesn't really have a clear vision for the company. The company's portfolio is horrible. Partnerships have fallen through. Leadership tries to emulate Facebook's and Google's culture, but NDN's culture is maintained by fear of leadership and retaliation. Especially, if you work with the second in-command. Be careful what you say around the second in-command. Even folks in high ranking positions have been fired due to rubbing the second in-command the wrong way. It's well known that the company previously executed a mass firing. Leadership clearly does not respect employees.
    2. HR's hiring practices are shady at best. They'll pretty much lie to about everything to get you in the company because they are that desperate. As quickly as they fill the seats, folks are leaving or get fired. If a NDN recruiter contacts you, ignore it.
    3. I could go on about the company, but I think NDN's previous glassdoor reviews say it all. All of the reviews are true and all of them should be heeded. The nicer reviews are actually NDN recruiters trying to clean up the poor Glassdoor review average. Don't let those phony reviews fool you. Simply don't work with or for NDN.

Advice to Management

The decline of the company speaks volumes about your leadership skills.

NDN was a very dynamic place to work during my time at the company.

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at News Distribution Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and the technology were the positives for me.

Cons

The pay was a little under what other companies were giving for the same role.

RSS Feed </> Embed