NewsMax Media

NewsMax Media Reviews

Updated May 30, 2014

Chris Ruddy

On the way up

ProsGreat opportunities, some really dedicated, friendly staff. The company is in an exciting period of growth as it expands into television. Now is the time to join for swift career advancement.

ConsThe over lapping departments creates hierarchy issues that lead to mistakes and finger pointing. Many valuable employees have fallen on their swords due to weak upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a hierarchy and enforce it. Don't rely on a 'We're all a part of the same team' attitude if you want to see results.

Dealt with a bunch of people afraid of their owns shadows

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you are a conservative -- or can fake it -- you can survive -- for a while.

ConsEverything about the way this organization treats it employees, unless you are flavor of the month, is pathetic.

Advice to Senior ManagementJudge people by their talent, not by personal feelings or some algorithm that beyond conservatism, nobody understands.

Good place to work temporarily

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTalented people on staff, you can learn a lot from. Great for networking.

ConsPoor management. Little opportunities to climb the ranks. You're here today, gone tomorrow. Lots of turnover. If you have the chance to work here- feel free to take it...but be ready with a back up plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the suggestions and opinions of your staff seriously. They work hard and are experts in their given fields. Just because you may not agree, it doesn't mean they are wrong and incompetent.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A challenging though fulfilling place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI found Newsmax to be an exciting, rapidly growing company. Senior staff are professional and friendly. In fact, while the rest of the country was floundering during the economic crisis, Newsmax was growing in leaps and bounds. They are very marketing focused. I was impressed that almost all senior managers were promoted from within the ranks of the company. They tend to pay at the upper end of the scale, whatever type of job you have. The office is quiet because everyone is busy. I have worked at other Florida companies, this one is focused. Also they seem to care about staff. Several annual parties and during work day staff gets free snacks, soda, coffee. Medical coverage is good, despite the current turmoil in the era of Obamacare.

ConsOffices will be consolidating at a new location; relocating will initially cause some minor inconvenience. Other than that, it’s a great place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

A company on the move

ProsGreat staff. The CEO hires the brightest people in the business

ConsI really don't have any

Advice to Senior Managementmicro management can get in the way of productivity from time to time

Great company, great people

ProsCorp office very busy, but entire staff, including VPs, extremely nice and helpful. Company provides great pay, great benefits, and other perks such as snacks.

ConsLots of deadlines. Workload can be very heavy at times. Time management is key.

Great Place to work

Administrative (Current Employee)
    West Palm Beach, FL

ProsAmazing experience and learning capabilities with a growing company.
    Great leadership
    Great benefits
    Employee Appreciation

ConsVery cold in the building

Plenty of growth within the company.

West Palm Beach, FL

ProsFriendly co-workers, comfortable environment, great salary, great benefits etc... If you show up on time and do your job you will be rewarded by this company.

ConsIt is a lot of work, but isn't every job?

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement does a good job listening to employees and keeping a good moral. Keep this up.

Great Place to Grow

ProsNewsmax is a place where type A personalities come together and make it work. Competitive? Yes. Fast Paced? Yes. Perhaps it isn’t the environment for everyone, but for those who crave a challenge and would like to see their own ideas being fostered and developed by a management team open to new ideas, there’s no place better than Newsmax. I have been here over 2 years and the company has doubled in size and revenue in that time.

ConsToo much to do and to little time.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company grows, keep in mind the strong employees who have helped out along the way.

Probably the WORST place I've ever worked.

ProsDecent salary. That is all. Benefits were weak. Management was insane. The CEO thinks he's a media mogul when he's just a failed newspaper reporter -- I propagandist.

ConsEverything else. Requiring "managers" to punch a time clock. No business plan, just duping unsuspecting yokels to buy their crappy products and get a "free" subscription to their pathetic magazine.

Advice to Senior ManagementDysfunctional doesn't even describe how bad you are!

Worked for NewsMax Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NewsMax Media reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NewsMax Media CEO Chris Ruddy. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by NewsMax Media employees.