Newsquest

www.newsquest.co.uk

Newsquest Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014
Newsquest – “St. John's House, St. John's Road (Photo thanks…”

Not yet rated.

Henry Faure Walker

If your face fits!

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsAll age groups are welcome here

ConsManagement not consistent across targeting and staffing issues - if your face fits it's ok, if not, ........

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain managers in staff management, targeting. Listen to your staff, be accessible

How many people will you lose after investing in training before you realise its the management that people are leaving!

Sales (Former Employee) Southampton, England (UK)

ProsGood working hours. Great people with good knowledge

ConsPoor management, no direction, strategy changing too frequent, new people dont stay and newsquest dont do anything to keep the talent they have.

Advice to Senior Managementsort your seniors out, your paying people to do very little, your expectations are very out of date to todays economy, £5000 a day for a digital skin, and you wonder why you dont sell any! Get real Newsquest.... Do you know what your values are? I dont think your people do.

Locked in the dark ages... neanderthal Directors with no integrity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCan't think of any pros, found whole experience demotivating

ConsUtter shambles of a business, Luddite mentality to new media, fingers crossed approach to old media

Advice to Senior ManagementShip out and make way for those who've progressed to having thumbs on the evolutionary scale

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A valuable insight into the workings of a daily, local newspaper.

Trainee (Former Employee) Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

ProsThe quality of journalists working at the newspaper is exceptional. The newsroom is a friendly and pleasant environment to work in.

ConsAs it is a daily newspaper, there is intense pressure to provide interesting news stories for the local area.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the good work!

Long career with excellent prospects for promotion

Rural Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) Skipton, England (UK)

ProsEasy transfer within the company
    Excellent promotion prospects
    Good quality products
    Good communication between management and staff at local level

ConsMoney is the driving motivator at times over providing a service to the community
    Communication between management and staff at regional and national level not so good
    Adherence to outdated ideas sometimes at the expense of better performing products
    Decline in investment in terms of staff turnover and investing in equipment and training

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage more with staff

Terrible, profit driven company whose employees are expendable.

Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Birkenhead, England (UK)

ProsWe only had to work 4 days a week (granted, 2 of those days we worked 13 hour shifts, we had to opt out of employment law to allow this).

ConsAwful managers, I was told "Graphic Designers are ten-a-penny, if you don't like the job, we'll replace you." No clear management, everything was designed by committee resulting in anodyne, bland designs and layouts.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry thinking about the people who work for you rather than the bottom line, you might even be able to earn some respect.

Worked for Newsquest? Contribute to the Community!