Newtek Business Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

Newtek Business Services Chairman, CEO, and Secretary Barry Sloane

Barry Sloane

Newtek Technology is not just a job it is a career!

Technical Support II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Newtek Business Services full-time for more than a year

ProsI have been very happy with the direction of the company and I feel that I have a career and not just another job. Mark Denzin, Rick Minter and Jason Crawford have made many changes and promoted many of my friends to higher positions. We all feel the positive nature of the business is going in the right direction.

ConsWorkload is high and many of employees are high although manageable and training was good.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up and thanks for listening

Not a good place to work, keep looking for opportunities elsewhere

I have been working at Newtek Business Services

ProsSomething is better than nothing until you can find something else. Good job to have if you want to stay financially stagnate.

ConsThis company is filled with hypocrisy and office politics. Senior management walks around wearing jeans while scrutinizing employees’ attire. Keep in mind the company’s dress code is business casual and no jeans. There is basically no compensation for your hard work and efforts to make the company better. Upper management tends to play favoritism to the preferred few. No one is happy there and everyone pretends things will get better but it never does. Until you find a new job. This company has a revolving door and no direction but greed. Two steps away from working in a sweat shop!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a course on how to manage effectively without ruining the moral of the company. Compensate your employees fairly for their hard work, Adhere to the rules you set.

Promised Bonus, Never Delivered.

I have been working at Newtek Business Services

ProsGreat group of coworkers, friendly and fun people.

ConsPromised an end-of-year bonus, that I was counting on for something very important... It just never came. We are not allowed to inquire or talk about it due to strict rules prohibiting that sort of thing, so I am just left wondering if it's ever coming. They lied in the original hiring process saying, bonuses were paid twice a year. Then it changed to once a year, and now it seems to be never. How could upper management think these are okay practices. I am under paid for my role in the company, and was really counting on this bonus as part of my salary. I have been there well over a year and have never received a raise. HR needs to get on it or they are going to end up with problems on their hands.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees' hard work, and compensate them accordingly.

Great Launchpad into the world of Supporting Hosting

Tech Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at Newtek Business Services full-time for more than a year

ProsMost of my fellow employees were awesome and made the job lots of fun. There are some truly outstanding individuals that work here that made my time worth it.

Has a small company feel, which some people like.

ConsIn a word "MANAGEMENT". In the small time I was there our 'manager' changed at least 3 times that I can remember. Management's lack of listening to their front line and and creating ridiculous and irrelevant quality metrics that cause a number of issues. It seems as though the basically do what they want and what their "inner circle" deems worhty, not what the front line is seeing as a need. A lot of times the metrics used are completely 100% irrelevant to the actual job role.

NOTE: ** IF you think your applying for a Tech position, make sure your also ready for sales, because, they will word it many different ways, but essentially they want you to upsell, if you don't, regardless of your tech knowledge, customer service skills etc, you will be denied opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts pretty simple. Be transparent, listen to your front line employees that actual deal first hand with the customers paying your salaries. Give your managers and employees more autonomy and the ability to "own" the company because they want to, not because they are obliged.

Technology Agent as well ass Billing Specialist; over the phone tech work and email troubleshooting

Tech Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at Newtek Business Services full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat people who worked with you on the floor. Very helpful and knowledgeable people surrounded you and created a positive atmosphere. That helped combat the ridiculousness of the requests that some of the customer base would provide.

ConsTerrible management. Mark Denzin is one of the most two-faced rats I'll ever have had the displeasure to meet. Once I have my own business in the future, I'll be sure to be honest with my employees, (CJ was a great guy though).
Also, the people who owned businesses that would utilize Newtek's services were usually 40 years of age or older and had little customer service or technology capabilities, so they were -very- difficult to work with. You needed more patience there than with a group of 2nd graders, which I did for a whole year in college!

Advice to Senior ManagementActually utilize your own policies (disciplinary action or otherwize) in working with your employees. You would have had a great team player if you would have stuck it out a little longer.
Also, I think you and your staff could benefit from more outings or group activities than unplanned "pizza parties" or filling them with candy while they sit, miserable in their cubicles dealing with your horrible customer base.

Think twice. If you have other options dont make this one your first

I have been working at Newtek Business Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIts a job, last option

ConsUpper management is very shifty. Things unfortunatley are grossly unfair. Bewarned that wont they wont tell is that your raise and bonus is based on selling the companies core products and services. Which I would not recommend I want to keep my friends. HR is very disorganizedbenifits are not up to pare with what is on the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet organized. Take control without initmidating your employees fear doesnt work as effectively as just being honest. Tone down the egos

No raises; horrible benefits, CEO brings politics into everything

Office (Current Employee)
West Allis, WI

I have been working at Newtek Business Services full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSome of the people are nice.

ConsNo raises for several years. Most people worked in industry for several years and are just phoning it in, they have no interest in their jobs. Extremely small bonuses, horrible health benefits that get worse every year. Basically, you lose money every year you work here. CEO gives demoralizing speeches, meanwhile he makes millions.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the Politics. Not everyone is a Republican.

Good company to be associated with.

Conversion Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Newtek Business Services full-time for more than a year

ProsFair, understanding, flexable, available, outstanding

ConsPhone system, need aircards for pc

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Good Values But Lacking Direction

IT Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Newtek Business Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThis company has good values. They treat their employees fairly and encourage honesty, respect, and security in both internal and external relationships.

ConsThis company lacks focus and direction in many divisions. They tend to lose talent to companies that pay more.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet goals and focus on completing projects. Remember what you do well and make sure it drives every decision you make. People are your most valuable assets, protect them and pay them what they are worth.

its just a job

Software En (Former Employee)

I worked at Newtek Business Services

Prosi lived in phoenix and i could not find any other job. my wife work in the same company as a secretary and she told me to applied so i did

Consit is a 24/7 hour job very hard and tiring. i really dont know why i stayed there for more the one year/ my manager was a very scary guy which i didn't like

Advice to Senior Managementyou should speak more with your workers they are working very hard for you

Worked for Newtek Business Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Newtek Business Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Newtek Business Services CEO Barry Sloane. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Newtek Business Services employees.