Newton Europe

Updated August 29, 2014
Updated August 29, 2014
4.8

CEO

Challenging, interesting and fun place to work.

I have been working at Newton Europe

Pros

Dynamic, upbeat and rapidly growing company. Great culture, not a report writing consultancy, but actually implement change. You get a really good relationship with the clients across different sectors. Your colleagues are universally brilliant people to work with. Personal development is also excellent and the company is investing in its internal training courses.

Cons

It can be hard work and stressful. As with all consultancy you are always on the outside of client team. It can be a lot of traveling and sometimes you don't where you are going to until the last minute.

Keep the culture going, and the delivery focus going.

I genuinely look forward to getting up and going to work in the morning

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work is diverse, exciting, constantly evolving and never gets dull. There are always new challenges to overcome, and the opportunities to develop and progress your career will never cease. The company is full of talented, hard-working individuals, who are extremely motivated to support each other and work together for the good of the company. The culture and social interaction with the rest of the company is brilliant, with everyone getting together once a fortnight, and two epic parties a year.

Cons

You must be prepared to travel around the UK, living in hotels for 4 nights of the week, which could be anywhere in the country. You need to be able to drive, and may need to cover quite a lot of miles in your first few years. Currently the gender balance is quite biased towards men, but this is improving.

A spectacular organiastion, I am now working with the most impressive group of people I have ever come across

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time for less than a year

Pros

Projects are fascinating and challenging, the people live the vibrant culture and the management really do empower their staff at early stages of their careers. Training is in abundance and there is a very open structure with many routes to providing great communication flow.

Cons

As with all consultancies the lifestyle of a consultant has to be taken into account, but there are many advantages of Newton that make this appear insignificant.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Varied, engaging work in a young, growing company in a variety of industries.

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity for managing projects early on in your career since the company is currently growing very rapidly. A lot of emphasis on development, and great support structures in place. Lively colleagues and fun, dynamic (albeit indulgent) culture. Great exposure to lots of different people, and lots of different types of work.

Cons

Constant travelling makes it harder to spend time with friends. The company is still emerging out of homogeneity, but the core still has a lot of similar types of personalities

More structures to create an internal social network that offers something for everyone.

Excellent company!

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have never worked for a company so focused on its clients and people before. The people here are amazing and driven towards the company goal, we have so much fun at review nights, summer party's, Christmas party's and weekends away, the company expect a lot but in return the benefits are exceptional.

Cons

Hard work sometimes, extremely busy environment that's ever changing and hours can be long when under the pump

Don't lose sight of the culture as the company grows

Incredible company, amazing people, outstanding culture and the job provides interesting challenges

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Oxford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Oxford, England (UK)

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are fantastic, there is a real buzz within Newton and I have made a number of true friends, not just colleagues. Newton is a true meritocracy, this allows you to progress as quickly as you can. Expect to take on responsibility early both in terms of leading your own parts of a project and internal Newton work, if you enjoy feeling outside of your comfort zone all then you won't be disappointed. There is a genuine focus on developing people which is backed up by high quality, extensive training and a strong support network aimed at maximising everyone's personal development.

Cons

You need to be prepared to work away from home, Monday to Friday every week. This is something that I enjoy but tends to be the thing that people find the biggest challenge. To help with this Newton enforces a 'home by 6pm on a Friday' and not working on weekends policy, this means that you can plan for and make the most out of your weekends!

Keep the culture! Newton achieves so much because everyone believes in what we are doing, strives to make things happen and has a great time doing it. Keep it up.

Amazing company; great personal development; incredible work hard play hard culture

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Personal growth and development is great - this is actually the reason I left a different job at another consultancy and joined Newton; and the reality has more than met my expectations; the individual support and training you get is fantastic too; the culture is such that you have fun, build true friendships; and constantly work to improve yourself, each other and the company as a whole; anything feels possible; the benefits package is great; I could keep going...

Cons

The one and only con for me is work-life balance... everything else is incredible and makes the 'being away from home' feel worthwhile rather than a chore. The company are definitely trying to do what they can do work around this if you have young kids, but in reality if you are sent on project the other side of the country it's going to be difficult to get home mid-week. The company isn't large enough yet that you can choose/ be allocated a project based on location - but we are growing at an incredible rate; so hopefully this will get easier!

Also worth noting that Newton have a home by 6pm on a Friday policy and they stick to it - so even if work-life balance is difficult during the week, the weekends are yours, and that in itself is a lot better than other consultancies!

More of the same please - let's continue to hold onto our amazing culture even as we grow and face new challenges.

Incredible company, amazing culture and early exposure to senior clients

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Oxford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Oxford, England (UK)

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked for several good companies (engineering consultancy mainly) and I can say that without question this company has the best culture around. You are working with a bunch of down to earth, friendly, outgoing people that care about you and support your development. You get ownership of workstreams and projects early and are provided with countless opportunities to interact with client senior teams.

Cons

As we work for clients all round the country; you will end up working all round the country. Sometimes you will be near home which is great, but at other times you will be somewhere far away and need to live in hotels. Although you get used to it the time away limits you being able to have consistent mid week activities (meet friends; join clubs etc). Also if you have a partner it can be a challenge for them.

Incredible company - unique in the realm of consultancies

I have been working at Newton Europe

Pros

Genuine potential for quick career progression; brilliant colleagues who are positive about the company's future; constantly varied and challenging work

Cons

If you don't like being away from home during the week it's not for you

Keep up the amazing culture and dedication to fun

Great company to work for. Interesting, challenging work. Amazing people. Top benefits.

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's a real dedication in the company to delivering genuine results for our clients, which means rolling sleeves up and working across organisations at all levels. It's hard work and sometimes long hours during the week but it's a strict company policy to be home by 6pm on Friday and weekends are your own.

The work is challenging and always interesting; I've never been bored for a minute in the year that I've been here. I find it really refreshing that everyone you work with at Newton is bright, motivated, down to earth and fun to be around.

As a company Newton go the extra mile to look after you. The salary & package are very competitive but it's all of the other bits that make the difference, be it subsidised ski trips (including contributions for partners), activity weekends (sailing, surfing, battlefield tours...) or the fortnightly review sessions were the whole company gets together on a Thursday night.

Cons

The hours can be long and I've clocked up around 24K miles on the road in a year (albeit in a new BMW 1-series company car). The flipside of the incredible development opportunities you get is that you are constantly out of your comfort zone, and getting the balance right between developing skills and keeping stress levels manageable can be challenging.

Newton is growing rapidly and the challenge for management, as it has always been, is going to be keeping the energetic, dynamic culture alive through this process.

Worked for Newton Europe? Contribute to the Community!