Newton Europe

Newton Europe Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great career progression, fantastic colleagues, hard/satisfying work in 10 hour days, lots of driving

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time for more than a year

ProsBy far the best thing about Newton is the culture and most of all the colleagues you work with. People at Newton organise weekends and trips away many times during the year (partly or sometimes totally sponsored by the company), but if everyone didn't like hanging out with the people they worked with, the trips wouldn't have nearly the attendance rates they do.
Incredible career progression, straight off induction you're put in front of a client. Whether that be a clinician in a hospital, a manager in a food processing factory, a financial director at a defence engineering company. You're constantly driven to push yourself out of your comfort zone, which some people love, some people hate.

ConsLots of driving - but you do get a great car to do it in if that's what floats your boat
Lots of nights away from home - if (like me) you pay London rent, say goodbye to that money as you will spend a maximum of 12 nights a month there. I spend nearer 6.
Hard, hard work at times. Hours are never ridiculously bad, considering the pay, but they can occasionally stretch. Generally I work 10 hour days (1/2 day on Friday to be back at home by 6pm - company rule) and then do 1-2 hours work in an evening 1-2 times/week.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving spoken to friends about their varied careers, I haven't heard anyone talk like I do about the management at their company. Although they will always be your manager, I've always felt they genuinely care about my well-being and professional development. It's one of the really great things about Newton.

Newton's highly stimulating atmosphere

Consultant (Current Employee)
Kingston Bagpuize, England (UK)

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time for less than a year

ProsAt Newton, atmosphere and support from all across the company are brilliant.
The job is great for personal growth and self-improvement - through highly beneficial feedback sessions.
It is easier to work surrounded by brilliant people that are motivated and satisfied with their lives and encourage you to express yourself to your best.
For those with a reasonably technical and business-oriented mind this could be the ideal job - provided you don't expect to be home every night.

ConsAway from home Mon 6AM till Friday 6PM (greater chances to work from home with time). You'll have a car for professional and personal use (the cost of which will be subtracted from your salary, unless you have one of appropriate quality already), and you probably will need to use it a lot!
Clients are all around the island and rarely near where you live.

Advice to Senior ManagementInternal feedback to management already works great!

Challenging and interesting work in a very dynamic environment

Lead Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time for more than 3 years

ProsToo many to list in reality, but a few are; the people are amazing, the work is varied and most of all it's great fun. You never have two days the same, and the company really care about making it work. You can get involved in whatever you are interested in and are encouraged to start new things if you want to.

ConsYou work away from home, which doesn't suit everyone. Although we never work weekends and get good holidays it can be hard work during the week.

Newton

Oxford, England (UK)

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time for less than a year

ProsChallenge, development, responsibility, career prospects

ConsHard work but weekends off, away during the week

Fast paced, job perks but hard work

Consultant (Current Employee)
Kingston Bagpuze, England (UK)

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat intelligent and productive colleagues.
Personal development is a steep curve.
High exposure to top business levels.
Responsibility early on and ability to impact businesses.
Perks - activity days, summer and Christmas parties, training (lots and some abroad)
Well listened to - good feedback system to change things you don't like about Newton
Always home by 6pm on a Friday and never work weekends

ConsLong working hours - at least 8-6 plus extra in the evenings and travel time.
Mostly away from home 4 nights a week.

Worked for Newton Europe? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Newton Europe reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Newton Europe employees.