Newton Public Schools

Updated July 16, 2014
Updated July 16, 2014

4.0

CEO

A good internship opportunity for a college student

Former Employee - Intern  in  Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Newton, MA

Pros

I enjoyed working here, even though my time here was brief as a summer intern. They treated me with respect and allowed me to do my work independently. My supervisor did occasionally check in on me, but as a way to make sure I was doing okay.

Cons

The different departments did their own thing and kept to themselves.

I also had no one to guide and teach me in my projects. Most of all I did was learned through experience and I performed most of my tasks using my own judgment and resources.

excellent

Pros

A demanding district with a lot of opportunity for professional growth! Newton has access to current curriculum and resources with a wise leadership team.

Cons

There are a lot of concurrent initiatives, and it can be overwhelming to manage all of them.

Pros

Good supervisors, good pay for the work being done and the field. Students are easy to work with for the most part.

Cons

Typical school setting. Not a great deal of flexibility when needing to take time off. difficult to stay motivated at times.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst Experience of My Life

Pros

Good Pay, Good Benefits, Summers Off.

Cons

Incompetent Boss who was on a power trip; she was in over her head and too dumb to know it.

Shave off about five levels of management; worry less about special ed regs and hire people who actually know what they are doing. Newton was worried about saving money and looking good. They did not care about the children in their care.

Newton North is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Teacher in Newton, MA

Pros

Dynamic, committed faculty; beautiful facility; diverse, talented student body.

Cons

The work is hard and the expectations among students, parents, and administrators are high.

Worked for Newton Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!