NexAira Reviews

4 reviews filtered by
2.3
Mark G. Sampson

The small company that could - if it stopped rushing

Current Employee - Software Developer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at NexAira

Pros

Good benefits. Interesting field of work. Opportunity for travel. Great co-workers.

Cons

No procedures or policies for anything. Very poor communication between departments and between management and employees. Very poor relations with customers. No tangible product roadmap or strategy for development of new products. Development efforts are re-evaluated every few days... nothing gets done.

Listen to your customers. Sell what you have in stock. Don't market products that you don't have. Don't sell products that you don't have. Create procedures and policies for development, testing, and release cycles. Stop hallway discussions between management and employees... create a paper trail of accountability.

2. Job from Hell!

I worked at NexAira

Pros

People (that are not management) that work there, although not many left anymore.... It it wasn't for us little workers - Nexaira would not even exist today.

Cons

Management is incompetent and all about themselves. Worrying every payday whether I'm going to get my paycheck - or whether I have a job tomorrow.

Hire management that get along and know what they are doing and how to treat people. Keep the managers that actually know what they are doing instead of running them off.

Job from Hell

I worked at NexAira

Pros

Due to management's technical ignorance, employees have more hands-on experience building a product.

There's a new fire to put out everyday, no time to be bored.

Cons

People take credit for your work.

Incompetence is promoted. Company survives on the work of a few employees, many of whom are not being fairly compensated for their work.

Hostile work environment. Constant unrealistic deadlines. Management verbally abuses and deceives employees. Very questionable ethics of those who run the company.

Clients are deceived regarding product and schedules; therefore, employees have to "make it happen" to cover for management's lies.

Constant unnecessary drama, worse than a Mexican tele-novella.

Prior to working here, would not have believed that a place as absurd as this could exist. Would NOT recommend working here to anyone.

Replace management with people who understand the product, the market and how to manage employees.

Audit company books and intellectual property.

5. Startup with typical startup issues

I have been working at NexAira

Pros

Very solid people that work well together and put in the time needed to make things happen. Mostly positive environment, but can be tough sometimes due to pressure to do more things than we have staff to complete.

Cons

Typical startup pressures and sometimes frustration at working too many issues with too few people.

Hire more software developers