NexRep Reviews

Teddy Liaw

Excellent Company

Current Employee - NexRep Customer Service  in  Portland, ME
    Current Employee - NexRep Customer Service in Portland, ME

I have been working at NexRep full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is the best company I have worked for. They were nice enough to take me on as a college student and worked so well with me during my busy/constantly changing schedule. I have been in direct contact with people higher up then I normally would have access too in different companies, and they have been nothing but professional and nice. Every person that I work with is amazing and I have been able to form relationships even though I have not met them in person.

The company has been open to my ideas and suggestions and have resolved any issues I have quickly. I think it is amazing that they allow us to create our own schedule and work in a comfortable environment (my home!). They have countless opportunities to move up in the company. I cannot rave enough about them I am so happy I am lucky enough to have an opportunity to work with this amazing company. They have already taught me so much, and I look forward to learning more throughout my employment.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Great Company

Former Employee - Virtual Representative  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Virtual Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at NexRep part-time for more than a year

Pros

The support team that's in place was awesome.

Cons

None None None None None

Keep up the good job!

Excellent Outbound Sales Opportunity

Current Employee - Outbound Sales Agent
    Current Employee - Outbound Sales Agent

I have been working at NexRep full-time

Pros

Complete freedom & availability in scheduling, instant real-time sales support, ongoing & responsive background support via phone or email, friendly & supportive environment, reliable management team, high end income potential ($16-$25 hr), guaranteed base pay ($5 hr +comm.), 100% work from anywhere with reliable internet.

Cons

Must be able to sell over the phone or learn quickly how to do so.

I love the support from the various supervisors, the daily payroll info & the open competition associated with it.  Again, the work is easier because its Outbound BUT I must mention the fact that Mr. Tim Whipple has chosen to be a member of your wonderful company -- I have been so inspired by his leadership and know of so many stories of how he extended himself in reaching out above and beyond what was actually necessary.  This makes me feel so good about being here and I look forward to his solid input as we all move forward together as a big team (in our respective places).

Thank you for providing a solid earning opportunity that I can count on and a management team that I can trust!

I actually enjoy logging in for work each day and I look forward to continuing to provide services for NexRep for as many years as you will have me!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Misleading, Lies, Terrible Experience

Current Employee - Outbound Sales Agent  in  Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Outbound Sales Agent in Portland, ME

I have been working at NexRep as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I was very impressed and happy for the first couple days, but that all changed.

Cons

I began training, and became certified. After a few days, I began to question my decision because it was obvious that the only way to really succeed was to be completely dishonest to the customers and have no conscience. You will be selling cheap "As Seen On TV" products to senior citizens on fixed incomes, and not only that, but you are required to keep pushing more and more and more on them, and cannot take "NO" for an answer. You have to keep fighting them until they either get so angry they hang up, or you wear them down and get the sale. After the sale, you will then have to try to sell them even more junk called Clubs. These are worthless trial offers such as free magazines etc. Again, you cannot take NO for an answer, and by the time you get to the clubs, the customer is already so angry you have to walk on egg shells to keep them from just hanging up and you losing the sale. By the time you finish the entire sales pitch, a typical call can take as much as 15 minutes! Thats 15 minutes on the phone reading horrendous scripts that appear to be written by a child and enduring angry customers constantly saying "I SAID NO!"...but you have to keep reading like a robot. You will only be paid for speaking, in other words, you are not paid for actual real work time. If you sit down and work for an 8 hours, you will only be getting paid for about 65% of that time because answering machines, hang-ups, busy signals, etc do not count. Not only that, but they claim you only have to contract 15 hrs/week. But when you factor in all the time you are not paid, you will be working much more than 15 hours just to make up all the time you aren't getting paid. Their website is VERY misleading. Also, expect to be hounded by "monitors" all day while you are working. If you stray from the script, even if it is to help the customer, a monitor will pop up on your screen and they will keep telling you to get back on script, which just makes you get even more confused. They sometimes listen halfway into the call and do not realize you are just answering questions for the customer, so they get on a power trip and mess your call up. The pay was a joke. They claim the avg pay is $15/hr, but that is only based on the fact you are only getting paid for about 65% of each hour. Again, just another false claim they use to get people to apply. They hire about 15-20 new agents every week because about 80% of them leave or get fired within the first 2 weeks. They do not value you as an agent, they just see you as a disposable person that will probably be gone soon, and quickly replaced.

You claims made me excited to work there, but I quickly began to hate it. Your turnover rate is a clear reminder that your business model does not work. The monitor process is horribly distracting. If an agent does something wrong, but it is something that can wait to be address in IM until after the call is over...wait for the call to be over! Don't keep jumping in when an agent is trying to push through the script and interrupting them, it only makes things worse!

You are making money by deceiving people and selling cheap products

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent Work From Home  in  Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent Work From Home in Portland, ME

I worked at NexRep as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I honestly loved this company in the beginning. You can make your own hours as long as it is a minimum of 15 a week. However they neglect to tell you that is 15 hours of talk time, not scheduled time. They never make that clear to you. So the flexibility is a pro. You can also make money. I averaged $15-$17 an hour. And I did it by treating the customers as people and respecting their wishes. NOT by badgering them with upsell after upsell (Zumba had ten upsells!!) even when they say please stop. I had numerous people tell me they hung up the first time because the agent kept trying to get them to buy more stuff and all they wanted was the product. So of course I am going to make the customer happy. But Nexrep doesn't like that. They want each script read verbatim. Even if the script doesn't have the response for that situation. But this is supposed to be pros......so flexibility. The ability to work from home. And income potential.

Cons

I have spent months giving excellent reviews of Nexrep. I was completely misguided by this company and now that I know the real truth I am not going to continue to be supportive. I worked in outbound. We would call back customers who had called in about the product but didn't purchase it. At least that was the premise. At least 25% of the calls I made were to people who had already purchased the product. And a good amount of those were folks who wanted to know were it was or to complain about it. We were supposed to tell people 3-4 weeks on the Pressure Cooker. Well if you read any reviews at all people are complaining that months are passing and they have not receieved nothing yet. 3-4 months. Same with the Hair Extensions. And the Hurricane Mop. 95% of the calls about it were complaints or people wanting to know where it was. We were supposed to tell people they got upgraded to priority 3-5 days and it was a lie. So that is my biggest con. That they expected us to lie to people. Also to "assume the sale". Meaning you told customers about a available add on items and "assumed" they said yes. So a lot of those calls were also people wanting to know why they were charged $400 for a mop!! And then the clubs.....if you research them the reviews are full of people complaining. And yet we need to bully people into taking them. Or just do what the "top" agents do and add them on. They expect you to maintain a certain % of club sales.....even though 3 of the products do not have a club offer attached. Yet that doesn't matter. You are required to contract 15 hours a week. But they don't tell you that is talk time. Which is only when you are actively talking to the customer. And that is how they pay you as well. And no one ever tells you that in training or otherwise. It is only when you notice you are being shorted hours and ask that they tell you. There is favortism galore. Every week the same agents work under 15 hours. Or have low club %. Yet they pick and choose who to penalize. The agents who are facebook friends with the supervisors.....well in most companies that isn't allowed. The turnover is immense. Out of an easy 170 agents there are about 10 who are still there from when I started 6 months ago! Doesn't that tell you something? They claim you are an independent contractor and not an employee yet they don't follow the laws regarding that. Especially on the newer campaign. But that is another matter. They owe me for 6 hours, which I can prove, but ignore all emails. They pretend to be your friend but once you are gone, well, you learn quickly who your friends are. And this is not a disgruntled employee. More like disappointed at how blind I was. And I had been looking for a new job anyway. I felt horrible selling people products like the hurricane mop or secret extensions, or clear tv. Or "assuming the sale" (which I never did) to make money yet rip customers off. So if you want a work from home job I advise you to research really well about this company. And the products. And the clubs. Ask why they are hiring so often and have such hire turnover. And look long and hard at the independent contractor description as defined by the IRS.

You need to hire supervisors that are honest and don't try to bs you. Also explain to people they are getting paid only for talk time. Nowhere is it explained. Or that you need to schedule 15 hours but again that is only takk time. Also there needs to be a process when an employee is terminated. There should be an explanation, at least, and a way to appeal. Also an avenue other than legal when the company under pays you.0

Antiquated

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at NexRep part-time for less than a year

Pros

Only positive thing was that if you are in the middle of a sale and somehow get disconnected you can call the customer back to get the sale. Never had that happen in any other telemarketing I've ever worked for.

Cons

I have been in telemarketing since the days of being given a print out of names and phone numbers to call manually. In other words the old sweat shop days. Believe me when I say their system is antiquated. They constantly monitor and text you to tell you what you're doing wrong interrupting you in the middle of a sale. Rarely do they ever give you an atta girl/boy. If you really pull a boo boo your super will text you and tell you to call her and then comes the wammy. "Why did you do/say that?" putting you on the spot. They are supposed to pay you $5.00 an hour but on your pay roll time you will be shorted by at least 3 hours a week or more. You really need to hang up if the caller drops the f Bomb on you because the monitor will think they heard YOU say the f word. Come on NexRep this is 2014 not 1969!!! CRAP put it right when they said they treat you like an employee not a business partner as you should be treated since you're a contractor not an employee. Oh and their scripts you have to scroll way down to the bottom (yes I said scroll) to find the first "no" rebuttal on some scripts. And when you're gone you're gone they even strip you off the FB page. RUDE is the word to describe the supers.

Use the soft wear that LO uses and the navigation tools for navigating through the scripts. Hire a monitor that really knows what they're hearing without getting caller mixed up with what's being said by the agent. Hire more professional supervisors.

Mostly friendly management, some unprofessional, reference database is poor

Former Employee - "tech Support"
    Former Employee - "tech Support"

I worked at NexRep as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Working from home (can be done with other companies, so whatever)

Cons

Deceptive job listing. Job was listed as "tech support". You're really just customer care. The only real reason why you're doing so much tech support is because the UP bad is a horrible little device that dies on average after three months. NexRep is apparently pretty famous for taking on brands that are overpriced, sketchy, and superfluous.

Unprofessional upper levels (bad/catty attitudes; was bullied for being new and ignorant of information I wasn't reasonably supposed know all at once; was regularly reprimanded as being wrong when I was in the right). Hostility is rampant among upper levels.

If someone is above you and doesn't like you, they will try their best and bravest to get you terminated. They will make it a second job.

The reference information to do the job was terrible. If you need to know how to do something, half the time you have to pray it's in the forum. Training was vague and not very thorough. Half the time the upper levels would say, "Its in the forum" because they just didn't know. It was pathetic. If a customer has a question, half the time it takes 10 minutes for someone "seasoned" to help because they don't know the answer and/or don't know where to find the answer either. Naturally that knocks down your quality scores, and no one else's.

THE SOFTWARE: I have never in my life seen such horrible enterprise software. It's heinous. It crashes, freezes, and has a stroke every hour on the hour. I researched some of the software and they were using free or cheap crap. It's ABUSIVE to make employees use bad software so as to not be able to do their jobs, and meet the ever so important quotas.

Stop hiring testosterone fueled cornballs to due professional work if they're just going to act like high school girl bullies. Fire the technical writers. Fire yourselves. Seriously.

CRAP

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Agent - Work At Home  in  East Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Agent - Work At Home in East Los Angeles, CA

I worked at NexRep as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

NONE. DON'T WORK HERE. The managers treat people like they're criminals.

Cons

ALL CRAP. If you want to be treated like you're constantly trying to get over on them, then this is the place to be.

Stop treating your contractors like they're beneath you. All workers deserve dignity.

NexRep Response

Jul 23, 2014CEO

We apologize for the service and experience you had with us. This is unusual to our standards at NexRep and are working to continuously improve the agent experience through the senior management ... More

It's a sales job. If you can sell you will make money.

Current Employee - Inbound Agent - Work At Home  in  Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Inbound Agent - Work At Home in Portland, ME

I have been working at NexRep full-time for less than a year

Pros

The money is there if you work for it. A large and varied list of products. Great training. Inbound sales are fairly easy if you have any sales ability at all.

Cons

You just don't walk in and start making money. You have to be willing to put in the time and effort to move up in the metrics, A bit nitpicky about their scripts at times (like all sales gigs) they listen to just about every call so there's a lot of on the spot correcting which can be a pain in the middle of your pitch.

Keep adding new products and keep growing, maybe add more of an emphasis on moving up in the company.

NexRep Response

Jul 23, 2014CEO

Thank you for your feedback on NexRep! We are so excited to hear about your optimism for our company as one of our Inbound Agents.

Please feel free to see more information about each of these
    ... More

Hate this job, but gotta sorta pay the bills

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Agents
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Agents

I worked at NexRep as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Flexible, Can choose own schedule, Can log in and work extra

Cons

Club Scripts, Too many agents, Crazy pay scale

Okay, here's the nitty gritty folks. Nex Rep gets points for flexibility, but that's pretty much it. Their pay scale is horrible. From what I hear the percentage you make off sales is determined by how much you make in sales and how many hours you work which I feel is ridiculous. There should be a standard percentage across the board for all agents like 10%. It's not like we get base pay so 10% is fair. My first pay check after sitting there at my computer for 5 hours 5 days a week and doing $1000 in sales was under $50. Boy, I was p*ssed off. Yes, I know it's commission based which brings me to my next point. There are TOO MANY agents working for this company. Seriously, do you need that many inbound agents competing for a handful of calls like that? In training they said they were busy when someone asked about the best time to work. Ha, I average 4 calls on a good day when I work.Train your shiftleaders and supervisors better. There are way too many issues with the Five9 software, please for the love of pete upgrade. I have to pretty much manually load all of the main product scripts. Most customers could barely hear me and other agents at times which made reading the scripts and scoring sales even harder. People will flat out just not buy altogether when they get frustrated with not being able to hear you. Oh and Andrew Solari is a first class jerk, he constantly gave me a hard time. I was sick of him emailing me about those horrible scripts which reminds me. Be prepared if you do get calls to lose sales when you go into those club scripts. I lost lots of money on those because people would respond to the rebuttal and would agree to buy the most expensive package, but as soon as I had to read those club scripts it was a wrap. They felt forced to buy the products even though the script states you are just offering it. If that is the case why are we pushing it so hard? There needs to be (1) rebuttal tops for club scripts and (2) for the main product scripts. More rebuttals than that puts a sour tastes in customers' mouths and at that point you aren't "offering" anything you are darn near sticking your hands in their pockets.

Worked for NexRep? Contribute to the Community!