NexTech Systems

3.2

David Henriksen

Incredible Culture, Amazing Team, First-Class People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at NexTech Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work environment and culture are tops: fast-paced and smart but relaxed, friendly and genuine. Solid values and a new leadership team with a lot of integrity. The employees are bright and motivated to serve the customers even through stressful times in the industry.

Cons

Growing pains and need for more resources (people and systems) -- they are being put into place but will take a little time to really feel the benefits.

Keep valuing the employees who value the customers, which is what makes this company so special.

Steer clear of this place...

Current Employee - Product Support Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Product Support Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at NexTech Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent starting salary for new graduates, decent benefits package.

Cons

Management lies about what the job is during the interview to get you to accept the position. They tell you that you'll be doing technical support (position was called "Technical Support Specialist" until recently), when what you really are is customer service/babysitter. You're provided no real training, so often the clients being newly trained on the software know more about it than the techs do. Clients expect you to do their jobs for them, can be rude, demanding, and completely unappreciative. "Techs" have left in droves in the last several months, and the ones that stay are only staying because they have been out of the technical game too long to get an actual tech support job.

While they've done away with the ridiculous "retention bonus" and scaled back their non-compete agreement, the entire organization is still a joke, from the unprofessional and ineffectual middle management to the rampant nepotism and favoritism for drinking buddies. They just "restructured" and promoted a bunch of people who have no business in "senior" positions. There are no career paths, no room for growth or advancement. Benefits are okay, but they make taking any time off nearly impossible. You're expected to get your early/late shifts (which are on a rotating basis) covered when you take time off and getting coworkers to cover is like pulling teeth. Development refuses to listen to the people who hear all the complaints about the software from the clients, choosing instead to structure the software they way they feel it should work, not how it works best for the customer.

They value quantity over quality and it shows in the increasing complaints from clients.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have taken a job paying much less, further away to avoid this awful experience.

Listen to your employees, stop focusing so much on numbers, hire sales people that don't lie to clients to make the sale, discipline the employees that don't do their jobs, reward the ones that work hard and do right by the clients. QUALITY OVER QUANTITY. Develop procedures and enforce them. Train people so there is consistency in handling issues.

Oct 10, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. At Nextech, one of our corporate values is integrity, and throughout our recruiting process we make it a point to provide visibility and ... More

Keeping it in the family.

Current Employee - YAZZZZZZZZZZZZZI in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - YAZZZZZZZZZZZZZI in Tampa, FL

I have been working at NexTech Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Paid work with little to no previous experience. Most of the other employees are great to work with.

Cons

Everything is measured and rated. Your pay, bonus, and when you can leave are all tied to the same measurements.
    If you are not a relative of the ceo you will get nowhere.

Sell your shares, quit, and let someone else run the place. You are doing more harm than good.

Oct 10, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for your review and we're sorry to hear that you haven't had a more favorable experience with Nextech. We are proud to offer a comprehensive incentive plan which allows employees to achieve ... More

Good for New Developer to gain a lot of experience

Former Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL

I worked at NexTech Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Worked at Nextech for roughly two years. The company has greatly improved in the final years from what it used to be, compensation is okay to get by. But is insultingly below market value for a developer and the amount of work you do. -It has a great view and some of the people get what a software companies work environment is suppose to be like. The new management and CEO is doing a great job. The former CEO's daughter is also doing a superb job and is growing into a strong leader - Had a crush on her ! -A little more tweaking and this company will be a great company to work for. Perfect for a new developer

Cons

If you have multiple talents, and great experience this is not the place for you. You will be over worked, hardly have any say in what you'll be doing, and your creativity will not be explored. You will become sad. -Plus your intellectual rights are not fully protected. The company owns your brain. The metric system for your performance does not account for many tasks your perform for the company day to day, and senior developers hog most of the work and cheat on metrics to make themselves shine. Some of the developers are very anti-social and have the stigma of the typical nerd, which really in this day and age shouldn't be so extreme, but there some that are really social and know the meaning of teamwork.
    Disturbingly there seems to be a lack of black minorities in this company and if your just that kind of minority you will always be screened more than others, but hey whats new in America right.

Train senior developers about leadership, and respect in the workplace. - a little less micro-management for developers. -offer better pay it cost a lot more to lose an experience employee than to hire and retrain a new one that will get burned out and leave anyway.

Light at the end of the tunnel!

Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I have been working at NexTech Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company went through a major overhaul within the last 6 months. I have been with Nextech over 2 years, and the changes that have been made in the past 6 months have been great. There is a whole new C-level Management structure in place, above the existing VP level of Management that existed before. Things are actually getting DONE! Rest assured, no one has lost their job, we have simply improved what was already in place. Where we used to have to fight with management for a deal, we now have the full support from management to do whatever needs to be done.

The people here are amazing. We're all in the mid 20's-mid 30s, and everyone gets along. There is a great sense of community here. Some of the guys have sports leagues that they play in together. In talking to everyone here before the changes, the only thing keeping most of us at Nextech were the people.

The new CEO, David, is awesome. He truly wants the opportunity to meet everyone of us. He has been more than willing to get on the phone with existing clients and prospective clients. His top priority is customer satisfaction, which is very different from the old CEO.

We're also 2 minutes from a beach, so it's a great place to take a lunch break!

Cons

There is still a lot of finger pointing (your problem, not mine), and the new management is doing their best to resolve that. There are a few upper level management who were here originally who are resistant to change, but luckily they now have people over them who we can go to if needed. The changes aren't coming along as quickly as we had hoped, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

For being a software company, our internal technology is still lacking. They are working to improve it, but there are still team members who don't have working computers.

We need full-time internal IT! We should not be prevented from working because our computers don't work. The flat screen monitors on the walls could have waited!

Sep 18, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for the positive feedback and for taking time to write this review! We hope you continue to see positive change and improvements.

New Leadership Team is Amazing!

Current Employee - Mid Level Management in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Mid Level Management in Tampa, FL

I have been working at NexTech Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is been going through a wonderful transformation since the new senior management team has been put in place as a result of Francisco Partners buying a majority stake in the company. David Henriksen, the new CEO is a breath of fresh air. He is thoughtful, very bright, extremely capable and has an amazing attitude. He has assembled an outstanding team of very experienced senior executives. It's as if he has brought together an all-star sports team, who gets to play together all the time. I'm very impressed with each and everyone of them and the direction they are taking Nextech.

Each department is going through positive changes and there isn't any part of the organization that is not improving.

Cons

We are still in transition, so its going to take some time to implement all the positive changes. Its always been a place where you work hard, as is the rule for successful companies, and it will continue to be that place, but it is just so much more rewarding now.

Stay the course and keep implementing change.

May 6, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for the great feedback and for taking the time to write this review.

We are blossoming into something wonderful. Everyone should consider working here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at NexTech Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone enjoys coming to work to help our clients and work as a team. The Benefits, Office Culture, and moral is great. They also reward success and promote from within. Our new CEO David Heriksen, has been involved on many layers and everyone is excited to have him around.

Cons

Its work. nothing out of the norm

Continue to do what your doing! We are headed in the right direction and under new leadership we will continue to succeed. Keep listening to your employees, they are your front line and the ultimate success of the company.

May 6, 2014SVP Human Resources

Great feedback -- thank you!!

Great people, great product, out dated processes but new Management is moving things in the right direction.

I have been working at NexTech Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people I work with are helpful and intelligent. They seem to genuinely care about each other and the practices that use our software. We also have a great new Management Team that is looking to improve a lot of what we do internally especially the new CEO, David Henriksen. I’ve never worked for a company with a CEO that literally talks to EVERYONE at the company to hear their thoughts and feelings. He truly seeks to understand what each individual at the company deals with on a day-to-day basis to improve the quality of both the company’s processes and the employee’s experience.

Cons

Company is currently in a transition process which can be difficult to deal with, but new Management is working to improve things everyday.

Continue to listen to your employees.

May 6, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thank you for this fantastic feedback!

Changes have only just begun

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at NexTech Systems full-time

Pros

Nextech has had a complete overhaul of the executive suite and now has real purpose and direction. The new executives truly care about the well being of customers and employees alike. Teams have started to respond and positive changes are showing up across the company. It's quite refreshing!

Cons

A growing company with typical growing pains. Every company has it's share of challenges and Nextech is no different.

Continue to focus on happy customers and happy people as you have been.

May 6, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write this review - we really appreciate your feedback.

Great new management team, bright future

I have been working at NexTech Systems

Pros

Very impressed with new president and CEO David Henriksen. He is bright, energetic, sincere and has exhibited a solid understanding of the industry and the company's plan to progress to the next level. The senior executive team that David has put in place has exceeded my expectations. Under the refreshing new talent, I am excited to be part of the team and the bright future that's ahead. I expect both employees and clients to see positives changes being made.

Cons

With the recent change in leadership, the company is still going through transition. With that being said, they have been transparent and maintained good communication with employees as new procedures and processes are implemented.

May 6, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for the feedback -- we appreciate it!