NexTraq Reviews

1. Great Company for Growth

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in Tampa, FL

I have been working at NexTraq full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Acquired in 2013 from Fleetcor great growth opportunities.

Cons

In early building stages and having growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing...

SaaS Sales

I have been working at NexTraq full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In a field of low cost, frankly pathetic competitors, NexTraq clearly has the best product (minus a few glaring competitive disadvantages) vis a vis the competition, and you can generally feel good about what you're doing. Management is fairly hands off about how you present the product and manage your time, so you're not babysat for the most part.

Cons

Wickedly understaffed in R&D and product development. Inexcusable to not have DOT compliance, EOBR, J-bus, or OBD diagnostics years after most primary competitors have them, and then point to lack of staff to work on development. FleetCor is a $10bil company...but we can't hire development staff? Please. HQ looks like an abandoned building after all the layoffs, but there's tons of work that needs to be done on the product. FleetCor has no clue how to sell the product and many layers of redundant VPs who have nothing to do but try to find ways to look busy pretending they're trying to buck up the sales dept.

Advice to Management

Hold Atlanta HQ operations and customer support personnel accountable for treating customers better, get FleetCor to give you the resources you need to keep the product competitive as features missing are problematic, and stop this ridiculous sales model where inside sales sells for itself against the Field reps.

Unprofessional

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NexTraq full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health insurance, pay check every two weeks, great coffee (free)! Did I mention health insurance! Nice building! The ability to learn what not to do.

Cons

Unethical! If you are interested in following the seven deadly sins. This is the perfect place to work....greed, sloth, envy, wrath, lust, pride, and gluttony. No worries no one there has any morals! Ideal place for convicted felons!!

Advice to Management

Follow the HR handbook you implemented! Lack of Respect, honor, integrity , and values. Product is overpriced...five times higher than competitors. High turnover! Customer rentition is high! Overall do not trust them period!

Not bad until they went public. Lack of integrity, morals, morale, and equal opportunity.

Current Employee - SaaS Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NexTraq

Pros

Work life balance. Flexible schedule depending on your director. Job stability.

Cons

Aquired by Fleetcor. Human resources department is totally unprofessional and clueless. No training in sales department whatsoever. No true leadership or career advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage. Stop being cheap.

They Lie to your face! Just ask any dealer who sold this product.

I worked at NexTraq full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

NexTraq had the best Dealer Channel of all GPS tracking systems going! Most of the Value Added Re-sellers (VARS) were only selling the NexTraq product and truly did a fantastic job representing NexTraq.

Cons

When Fleetcor acquired Nextraq, the lies, firings and horrible behaviors began. My boss was talking to me about the Falcons game knowing the very next day I was being fired. Sick and twisted people.

Advice to Management

I hope you sleep well knowing you sold your souls!

7. Small, but agile company

Former Employee - Member of R&D Team in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Member of R&D Team in Atlanta, GA

I worked at NexTraq full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many smart people work there. VPs are very hands-on. No un-needed management layers. Tech support, developers and testers are working well together. Agile shop all the way.

Cons

Sometimes the politics get too intense. Often times you would see sales try to sell something that hasn't been developed and/or tested yet. Then R&D finds themselves trying to cram whatever feature or device support was sold quickly into the SAAS offering. Because of the nature of SAAS you can find yourself working at odd hours.

Advice to Management

Try to allocate enough time for R&D to finish development and testing before committing to a deadline with a customer.

Better than most inside sales companies

Former Employee - SaaS Account Executive in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - SaaS Account Executive in Tampa, FL

I worked at NexTraq full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was extremely successful here, made a ton of money, and didn't work too hard. Management does not micromanage. Matched dollar for dollar on my 401K, and gave me the tools I needed to excel into my current position. After leaving Nextraq, I went to a competitor and trust me, this place is a country club compared to where I went.

Cons

My manager was terrible. He never came out of his office and never helped on a deal. Just asked where the numbers were but didn't want to put in any of the work to help us get there. Too many metrics. Extremely high turnover. If you can't sell, don't come here. If you can, you will succeed.

Advice to Management

Go to sales training 101

SAAS Account Executive

I have been working at NexTraq full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee and that's about it....

Cons

Run! Run! Run! away from this company my friend. 24/7 revolving door due to misrepresentation of company during hiring process. On average, most employees last 3-6 months. Company's leads are 4 to 5 years old and no good......morale is so bleak sales reps wait for round robin to make a new sale. Product is way too expensive compared to others that provide same/better product/service in the marketplace - which is rapidly changing due to new companies entering market with much lower pricing. BEWARE! No loyalty here....no warnings, FIRED! Don't believe me, read the other listings on this website. I'm only here until I find a replacement job!

In The Beginning!

Current Employee - Business Development in North Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Development in North Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NexTraq full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Outstanding product, service and GPS Vehicle and Mobile Asset Management Intelligence...Excellent Staff and Exceptional Management. Extremely dedicated and talented Business Development-Marketing Dept, Inside & Outside Sales, Operations, IT and Support Staff.

Cons

"They Know Not Their True Power" Nextraq's future is so Bright, that they are going to need some very expensive shades just to gaze upon it.

Advice to Management

Stay focused, open-minded and innovative...Cultivate and Harvest the Unique Dynamism of your Talent Pool. Allow more time for culture and industry acclamation, training and self-development.

Don't Do It.

I have been working at NexTraq full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Coffee and nothing else

Cons

The signal this is a sham organization is there are no benefits until 90 days, which equals churn and burn. Your fired as soon as your hired, so the ink doesn't have time to dry.I saw the handwriting within a week and regretted the decision to join and bolted for the door. It's a joke and its not humorous, no sense of professionalism. The SaaS is being sold a dream.

Advice to Management

You are a recruiter, nothing more or less. You are there to recruit the Next Traq of people. Blind leading

RSS Feed </> Embed