NexTraq

Mike Scarbrough

Small, but agile company

Former Employee - Member of R&D Team in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Member of R&D Team in Atlanta, GA

I worked at NexTraq full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many smart people work there. VPs are very hands-on. No un-needed management layers. Tech support, developers and testers are working well together. Agile shop all the way.

Cons

Sometimes the politics get too intense. Often times you would see sales try to sell something that hasn't been developed and/or tested yet. Then R&D finds themselves trying to cram whatever feature or device support was sold quickly into the SAAS offering. Because of the nature of SAAS you can find yourself working at odd hours.

Try to allocate enough time for R&D to finish development and testing before committing to a deadline with a customer.

Better than most inside sales companies

Former Employee - SaaS Account Executive in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - SaaS Account Executive in Tampa, FL

I worked at NexTraq full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was extremely successful here, made a ton of money, and didn't work too hard. Management does not micromanage. Matched dollar for dollar on my 401K, and gave me the tools I needed to excel into my current position. After leaving Nextraq, I went to a competitor and trust me, this place is a country club compared to where I went.

Cons

My manager was terrible. He never came out of his office and never helped on a deal. Just asked where the numbers were but didn't want to put in any of the work to help us get there. Too many metrics. Extremely high turnover. If you can't sell, don't come here. If you can, you will succeed.

Go to sales training 101

SAAS Account Executive

Current Employee - SaaS Account Executive
    Current Employee - SaaS Account Executive

I have been working at NexTraq full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free coffee and that's about it....

Cons

Run! Run! Run! away from this company my friend. 24/7 revolving door due to misrepresentation of company during hiring process. On average, most employees last 3-6 months. Company's leads are 4 to 5 years old and no good......morale is so bleak sales reps wait for round robin to make a new sale. Product is way too expensive compared to others that provide same/better product/service in the marketplace - which is rapidly changing due to new companies entering market with much lower pricing. BEWARE! No loyalty here....no warnings, FIRED! Don't believe me, read the other listings on this website. I'm only here until I find a replacement job!

In The Beginning!

Current Employee - Business Development in North Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Development in North Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NexTraq full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Outstanding product, service and GPS Vehicle and Mobile Asset Management Intelligence...Excellent Staff and Exceptional Management.

Extremely dedicated and talented Business Development-Marketing Dept, Inside & Outside Sales, Operations, IT and Support Staff.

Cons

"They Know Not Their True Power"

Nextraq's future is so Bright, that they are going to need some very expensive shades just to gaze upon it.

Stay focused, open-minded and innovative...Cultivate and Harvest the Unique Dynamism of your Talent Pool.

Allow more time for culture and industry acclamation, training and self-development.

Don't Do It.

Current Employee - SaaS Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - SaaS Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NexTraq full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free Coffee and nothing else

Cons

The signal this is a sham organization is there are no benefits until 90 days, which equals churn and burn. Your fired as soon as your hired, so the ink doesn't have time to dry.I saw the handwriting within a week and regretted the decision to join and bolted for the door. It's a joke and its not humorous, no sense of professionalism. The SaaS is being sold a dream.

You are a recruiter, nothing more or less. You are there to recruit the Next Traq of people. Blind leading

Great Company

Current Employee - SaaS Account Executive in Tampa, FL

I have been working at NexTraq full-time (more than an year)

Pros

NexTraq offers a performance based comp plan. If you don't work, you don't get paid. They offer one of the best telematics products in the market place. The benefits package is great with a 75% contribution. I have worked for this company for some time and have seen the growing pains, but over all, a great place to work.

Cons

Communication is a problem for sure with the corporate office, pricing tends to be on the high side compared with other companies offering a comparable product. New hire training is something to be desired, they need a corporate sales trainer to work one on one to reduce turn over.

Better training for new hires.

BEWARE!!! The Average Sales Person Lasts between 3-6 months!

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Tampa, FL

I worked at NexTraq full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Product. With some very good features.

Cons

Terrible Business Plan and the treatment of their sales people is an "Insult" to a real sales professional. Do you ever wonder why they are advertising for sales reps at both locations on every site every day and have hundreds of recruiters feeding them candidates? It's because they plan on brining in a rep and have them cold call for 90 days and then let them go. Talent or ability does NOT dictate who is successful at this company. Worst professional move I have ever made. But glad that I'm gone. Management spend over half of the their time recruiting new potential employees. That should tell you enough. TWO thumbs down to NexTraq.

What comes around goes around...

A bunch of lies

I have been working at NexTraq full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Good benefits
    -Decent pay...sorta
    -A shared unity of misery and hatred towards managment

Cons

-Office Space - crappy cubicles with "inspiring" posters all over the place
    -TURN OVER! They just sent out a press release today saying they have 33% EMPLOYEE GROWTH?! That's because they turn over 50-60% of employees every other month. In 2012 alone they turned over 60% of the ENTIRE company (Atlanta and Tampa). And those benefits...yeah, don't bother filling out the paperwork for it...odds are you'll be gone before those kick in (90 days).
    -Managment - all they care about is numbers, if you don't meet the quota, you are gone. Your not a person, your just a seat-filler.
    -Other departments - Accounting, engineering, IT and marketing don't care about sales. Everyone else ignores us. We're the bottom of the pole at Nextraq.

Spend more time training. The "tried and true" way isn't working anymore.

Invest in sales people, were more than just warm bodies sitting in a chair.

My Nextraq Experience Tampa

I have been working at NexTraq full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible management. Regular Hours. Great commission structure, good salary base. Casual environment, great product.

Cons

Turnover of 60%, most of the people start looking for a job after 2 weeks. Some unprofessional individuals make most of the sales. Goal of 40 subs per month after 3 months is almost impossible for some regions with more than 3 agents. The few people (15% of the entire floor) make the goal, because the management handle them the best leads.

Sales cycle is not 18 days... usually takes 4 to 6 months.

Unlimited opportunities

Current Employee - Finance & Accounting in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Finance & Accounting in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NexTraq full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked with NexTraq for over five years now and cannot believe how fast the time has flown. I have been very pleased with senior management and the unlimited amount of opportunities and training I see invested back into the employees throughout the organization. Daily I see an intense desire to develop talent as strongly as the desire to develop innovative products and services for our customers. I've been told several times by my mentor at NexTraq, "this is the best schooling you will ever receive" and I truly believe this, as over the past five years it has come to fruition. As a woman in corporate America I do not take this opportunity lightly. I've been able to quickly work from entry level up through the organization. As I invest and dig further into my career with NexTraq so does the training and invaluable field work. I've been very fortunate in these financially unstable times to be a part of a company that is securely set in driving results in its employees and company. I looking forward to future growth with this company and am excited to be a part of a great organization.

Cons

This emerging field is growing so fast I wish I had the ability to learn more. I frequently find my experience sprawls over several departments in the organization, another opportunity to strengthen several skill sets, but each day I find another area I wish I could spend more time researching.

Management is focused on results in people and the organization, keep investing in the people as you do and it will continue to pay off.

NexTraq Photos