Nexeo Solutions

Updated January 28, 2015
Updated January 28, 2015
2.1

David Bradley

Pros
  • That all changed when the upper management of Nexeo went power tripping (in 4 reviews)

• Base Salary, my peers, and it's a job (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • National sales meeting is a joke just like upper management (in 12 reviews)

• Work-life balance is a serious challenge for many people (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Sales account management

I worked at Nexeo Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and base pay + commission, company car, company credit card.

Cons

Long hours of working 10 -12 hours per day. Must make at least 12 or more sales calls per week. No home and work balance.

Less paper work and more face to face time with customers. Better vacation coverage, and less demands while on vacation.

Nexeo Solutions SUCKS

Current Employee - Material Handler in Greer, SC
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Greer, SC

I have been working at Nexeo Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

OK pay
    No other pros

Cons

Bad management
    Not paid enough for all the work required
    Management is a joke
    Co workers do nothing all shift because management is never around
    If you're a good worker then prepare to work your Butt off and be the only one jumped on by supervisors when something doesn't get done
    Borderline prejudice from management and coworkers
    You will never get home/family time

Do your job

Inexperienced management

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Nexeo Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Location is close to my home.

Cons

Employee goals are not attainable and don't guide our activities towards improving the company performance. This is a result of our inexperienced management who create our goals. Direction from management is narrow minded and not pertinent to running a successful business. Management is more concerned about their reputation with their boss than they are in helping the overall company. They are in it for themselves and their bonus. Maybe this is due to their inexperience or maybe due to their selfishness and their "it's all about me" attitude. Most of the managers grew up here and have never had any experience working at a real company. They don't have general sense of business. They only know what their closed minded managers and peers have passed onto them. The corporate group is clueless that this problem exists. The few managers that corporate will even speak to keep them buffaloed by saying all is well. Corporate needs to talk to the employees in order to get to the truth. Our inexperienced managers either don't have the wisdom to know that all is not well or they are afraid to speak up because it may reflect poorly on themselves.

Stop believing everything management tells you. They only tell you what they think you want to hear. Stop surrounding yourself by "yes men". And remember data lies. You can't understand the true business picture when you are looking at data that is submitted by inexperience and ego driven managers.

Remember When Your Job Wasn't So Bad and You Liked the Company You Worked For? Yeah, Me Neither.

I have been working at Nexeo Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is a 401K matching plan and mmhm...okay benefits. Here is great opportunity for any college graduate looking for experience. After working here for some time you will figure out this is the type of company you do NOT want to work for and like us be looking for a new job. There is a big push for "team" work but you figure it out it's only propaganda and the select few are rewarded for their terrible attitudes and selfish ways. Every person for themselves!

Cons

This could start all the way from the top or we could break it down at a more restricted look.

First things first, all reviews gripe on upper management. it's been established in these reviews over and over and over and over . . . etc that who TPG currently has implemented in these positions isn't working and looks like no change is coming soon. With this being a fact, I do not see the company being anymore successful than it already is, if any. Because I look at it this way, there are a lot of upset and unhappy employees working for this company who bought into and got excited about this company when it first started up. These employees came in day in and day out giving 110% only to be spit upon. Management cannot be trusted. Especially when all these new processes from all these Lean Movements came with more stress, more paperwork, more work and in the end failed. Again, cannot be trusted.

Second of all, there seems to be a hearing problem among anyone who has any authority to make decisions. When feedback is given on projects, it is returned with a turn up of the nose and a push forward. Management is notorious for saying to your face or with their actions what you are saying is not important at all.

Third, this is not a goal orientated company. If you just like to come in, do your job and basically be a lump on a pickle and collect a paycheck, you've hit the jackpot with Nexeo. We were supposed to get goals for the first half of the year back in December. We are now past the first quarter of the fiscal year with no goals. Team Limp Pickle Lumps, doesn't sound like a plan for success.

Fourth, the departments work as different pockets, We work with each other but not very well. For example we have a third party dispatching company work for us. Well, this kind of gets in the middle of what we are trying to do, which is get material to a customer from point A to B without any implications and the same with getting material into us. The reason this third party gets in the way is because they just send in companies for pickups for orders not aware of, or love to expedite deliveries which cost a lot of money which our company is hit, does not really know the territory and where we can deliver to local customers so they put everything on one of the big trucking companies. This takes work away from our skilled, trained and knowledgeable drivers.

Fifth, people and their titles think it entitles to them special treatment. No it does not. You want respect? You have to work with people and earn it. When the cat was gone the mouse left early almost every day the duration of the two week holiday period. Supervisors leave whenever they are sick but ask other workers to stay at work when they would like to leave when they're sick. What you cannot ask of yourself, do not ask of others. Supervisors run out of sick and vacation time and still cash in on time off because they are salary and if they work an hour over one day they think they're entitled to this time off.

Sixth, managers do not communicate with their employees and this is causing turbulence and what I call a Wild Wild West environment with Helen Keller as the sheriff. Does not see people for who they really are, and does not say anything to anyone. Maybe his goal for 2015 is to learn to be a better communicator but I highly doubt it.

One day everyone across the board should pick a day and just walk out of their job since this company does not want to make change.

No leadership

Current Employee - Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Nexeo Solutions

Pros

None the place should be reported to OSHA.

Cons

So many that it's a pointless place to work, dangerous environment due to lack of drug testing, numerous accidents go unreported each week.

Quit and get training

Moving On Was The Best Decision I Made...

Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Nexeo Solutions

Pros

It was a great experience to be part of the separation and learning all that goes into becoming a stand alone company. We had so many good people who were open to the change and hopeful that this was the start of a great beginning. Getting to be involved in strategy discussions and sharing ideas of how to implement new processes or opportunities was one of the most exciting experiences for me.

Cons

Even though I left over 2 years ago, reading the reviews posted here takes me back and it appears that nothing has really changed. While there are some really good people that I think are still there, many of the people I respected the most are gone now and it seems that the bad characters that drove me away are either still there or are replaced with equivalents.

Moving onto to something new was the best decision I made. The memories and experience will remain, and I am thankful for the strength and fortitude the bad characters taught me. It made me realize how important it is not sell yourself short. Do not give into the craziness around you. If you know you are doing a good job and have a strong moral character, then continue to hold onto that no matter the circumstances and find somewhere else that will appreciate what you have to offer.

If you think that all is well now as a current employee, just be careful. I thought the same thing myself and I can say that I cannot imagine that lasting long without selling yourself out. Lots of promises, some even in writing, that were not honored despite who I brought it to the attention of.

I hope at some point, you take a good look at yourself and what you are doing. Sure making money and being a success is a wonderful thing to achieve, but if the cost is turning you into a person you do not even like being around yourself, then be strong enough to make a change. It is never too late. Are you doing what you dreamed you would be doing when you were younger and just starting out in the work world? Maybe it may seem the way on the surface, but really think about it. What are you really doing that is adding value to this world?

I can honestly say that it has been more rewarding for me to know that I have positively impacted the lives of others with my work rather than focusing on what is in it for me. Overcoming my fears gave me the courage find that opportunity and then execute it.

No place to work if you can find another job.

Current Employee - Driver Material Handler in Twinsburg, OH
    Current Employee - Driver Material Handler in Twinsburg, OH

I have been working at Nexeo Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Not many left all the old employees from the ashland distribution days are fired or left on there own.

Cons

Equipment is junk, and not being replaced. Not one person enjoys going to work anymore. All the plant managers either do not know how to work in a fast paced business like chemical all distribution, or don't care. All the new management personnel should get a discount on there degrees they sure didn't learn anything. Fast paced doesn't mean fixing your mistakes everyday, it means getting orders in the afternoon and fulfilling them the next day with no mistakes. Novel concept that works. FRP or fiberglass and resin. Business was sold in 2014 to make the numbers because we are going to have our IPO any idiot can see what you did.

TGP get rid of HOMER SIMPSON or as you call it your CEO. Beg the old CEO from the old Ashland Distribution to come back. And maybe you will get a return on your sizable investment. Get new regional managers who actually know what they are doing yes men who are on there knees bowing to Homer Simpson do not let you know what is going on in the world of your business. Get rid of some horrible decisions that you call plant managers. Step into the real world there is a ton of work to be had get it. Try to rehire your sales force most have quit if you have not heard. And what the bell are you thinking 32 hour work week guarantee are you trying to get the last competent people you have working for you to leave. IPO what yo going to offer your stock for penny's. And buy some coffee toilet paper, soap and paper towels. These are basic supplies at most jobs.

Management Comparable to the Axis that Stemmed from the Anti-Comintern Pact

I have been working at Nexeo Solutions full-time

Pros

When asked if I like my job I respond with, "It's a paycheck and there are benefits. They are not great but it's better than Obama care." Or at least I think they're better than Obama care. We do not receive any perks. Yes there is a bonus but as you can see from a previous reviewer, it is true that people are cashing in and jumping ship.

Cons

I interviewed for a job that I liked, but since taking on that job I have fit so many different roles within our site from supervisor duties all the way down to quality assurance with no appreciation. I currently do not work the job I interviewed for.

Everything changes every other day. There is a new way to do that. There's a new way to do this. We're going to cut the budget here. We're going to cut the budget there. This instability leaves the employees anxious, depressed and worn out. The management from the senior level to mid-level is just horrible. No one can agree on anything. No one communicates anything. No one knows what they are doing. Company can only be successful when employees are treated with respect, encouraged and trained properly. You will receive nothing of the sorts working for Nexeo.

At our current site we have flex time and I write that with sarcasm. People just come and go as they please because the manager will only say things to select number of individuals. So in another previous review when they said Nexeo is notorious for picking people out and picking on them, this is also a fact. I have witnessed people nitpicked for the silliest things while others do worst and nothing is done. Everyone should be treated equally but that is not that case at this company.

This company lacks giving their employees any work/life balance. In every department and site, every position and person is stretched too thin or 'lean' that covering for someone and doing your job and their job becomes unbearable; hence people depressed and tired. This is where properly training people comes into play as well. When others are not cross trained as well as others it becomes difficult because you're always cleaning up what they forgot to do or just did not feel like doing.

If you search resumes on Indeed.com and put in Nexeo Solutions you can see half the company is out there looking for a new job. What does that say about a company?

The WORST company I have ever worked for! Only gave 1 star because it wouldn't let me give 0

I worked at Nexeo Solutions

Pros

At the very beginning of my tenure there, everything seemed to be great! The manager I had was a caring, understanding, organized, highly skilled negotiator and leader. He then was fired and replaced with a younger, naive, uneducated or at least, inexperienced person whom has ALWAYS shown to work against his team and not with it.
    No I in team? Well for this guy, there's only an "I" in "team"!

Cons

Gosh! Where do I start?
    They overwork you and push you to produce cost savings all year long, yet when you get them a $1 million savings, the new supervisor pockets that and says he did the work and you were merely a team player in that action and not the leader when the only reason the supplier even agreed to the savings was becuase of your negotiations. The supplier even refuses to speak to anyone regarding negotiations other than me, however, those savings weren't produced by me???? Did you forget that you weren't even hired as our supervisor until AFTER the negotiations were done?!
    It's sickening!

Issues with unevenly distributed commodities are not even addressed by your manager no matter how many times you reach out for assistance and then when you've fallen behind after taking on your previous supervisor's commodity (which the new supervisor never took back) and a commodity left behind by a co-worker that quit because of all of these shenanigans, along with your existing 3 commodities (that now makes me the only one managing 5 commodities), you are placed on a Performance Improvement Plan and ROBBED of your bonus and merit increase!!!!
    Then, all of a sudden, after robbing you of what you worked so hard for ALL YEAR, they finally agree to a "solution" you proposed BEFORE being placed on an PIP that could've easily been avoided had your "leader" done what he was supposed to do and listened to his teammates before placing you on probation!!!

The salary does not reflect the amount of work you put in.

They have had over 3 lay offs in a 12 month period.

They have had 3 Procurement Directors in less than 12 months.

No team building activities.

I gaurantee I will be fired very soon after posting this review because this is what this company does. They don't listen to what employees have to say and instead of solving the issues, they get rid of the ones that bring them to light.

Re-align the category managers in procurement and live your values by not retaliating against team members whom share and give you insight as to why this slow growing company is failing!!

Reward employees when they save you $1 million instead of robbing them of their HARD EARNED bonus and merit increase by putting them on a PIP.

Reward employees who take on ex-employees' commodities when they are already the ONLY employee with more commodities to handle on the team, instead of robbing them of their HARD EARNED bonus and merit increase by putting them on a PIP.

Listen to your employees when they reach out for assistance and tell you that 5 commodities are too many to handle when the other team members only have 1 and 2 commodities instead of letting them fall behind and robbing them of their HARD EARNED bonus and merit increase by putting them on a PIP.

Nexeo is Running Out of Tracks and the Train is Moving Fast!

I have been working at Nexeo Solutions

Pros

One of their values should be "Nexeo Pays My Bills, So Act Like It", location and nice office building.

Cons

This company is the biggest joke ever! Nexeo is not the solution. They should have been on TV Bloopers, they would have made billions! I don't even know where to begin. All I can say if you are looking for a position here, then good luck. I would not wish this company on anyone. This is not the place for a career.

However, this place is for you if:
    1) You need a paycheck short term
    2) You don't mind getting thrown under the bus or back stabbed in front of others
    3) You don't mind being talked down to
    4) You love to play politics
    5) Love being overworked without being appreciated

Congratulations you have just found your dream job and company. You'll fit right in with the Nexeo culture here.

Just about everyone I talk within the company is out looking for a new job, so that should tell you something. The bonus just came out, so folks are turning in their resignation letters as fast as they can. The only reason why they paid a bonus was because they sold off the composites business and they had to beg to be able to add that so the bonuses could be paid. If it wasn't for that the company would have not paid out bonuses this year and would have missed it by far. They stated next year won't be like this. With oil prices dropping this will greatly effect the company's performance in 2015.

If TPG Capital plans to recoup their investment back, they should look at replacing the Ring Leader before it's too late. They announced a lofty goal of 5/5 that was created in a vacuum and is nearly impossible to reach, they have a limited amount of time. I am sure TPG Capital has set this goal. This fast moving train is running out of tracks! The leadership does a horrible job at explaining the company goals and the departments aren't sure how to help contribute to the goal... it's missed aligned from the top down.

The executive leadership teams aren't aligned and they can't agree on important topics that are needed to move the company forward. They have spent so much time, money and resources trying to restructure the chemicals team it still is not working as planned and they are about to go through another restructure again. The CEO and the VPs can't agree on how the business should be structured. So nothing gets done and they go in circles. It's like everyone is operating in their own silos at different companies. Some of the leaders are never in the office and they're always out playing golf, traveling or dealing with personal issues. So no wonder no one can get aligned or anything done, they'll out off the office! And the departments keep over spending on their budgets and finance is tell them they need to stop spending but they don't...so what do they do? They end up laying off people to cover their missed budgets. Good lord, who is running this company??? This company is a mess!

A TIP... Go through and read all the reviews on here, you'll see one consistent message and you'll also be able to spot the fake reviews.

TPG Capital you're good at laying off people...So take a look at the Ring Leader and use your business skills from Harvard! If the company was properly managed they wouldn't have over hired, over spent and made some bad investment and then laid off a good number of smart people. That alone should tell you how bad the company is ran, and I am sure there are other underlying issues that we don't even know about yet.

If you plan to recoup your investment...Advice would be to read all of these reviews, dig into the operations of the company, wise up and make changes before the tracks run out and the train derails.

Good luck to all!

Nexeo Solutions Photos

We are focused on the business of globally connecting producers and customers

+ Add Photo