Nexius

Updated January 26, 2015
Updated January 26, 2015
3.9

n/a

Pros
  • This is a great place to start your career (in 5 reviews)

• The management team is easy to approach and talk to about most anything (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains as systems, processes and facilities are outgrown quickly (in 5 reviews)

• No cons to share, wonderful place to work (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Reactive industry makes for a reactive employer

I have been working at Nexius full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Compensation
    Ability to telecommute if need be
    Managers are easily accessible and great resources

Cons

The telecommunications industry is extremely reactive and because of that, the company has to react on the turn of a dime. I saw this in two different perspectives within the company and in both cases it causes a lot of stress on everyone and therefore everyone is rushing to get their jobs done

Be careful who you put into a supervisory position

I got to choose my field of work and location

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer

I have been working at Nexius full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Understanding managers who let me choose what project I would like to work on. Also, flexible in terms of location. Overall a cheerful and good learning environment.

Cons

Consulting means changing projects all the time. Be ready to work with new people, environments, technologies after 3 to 6 months maybe. The good side is you do not get bored easily and have to keep learning new things.

Keep on inspiring and leading people. Good work.

Great company.

I have been working at Nexius

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to learns new technical, managerial and business skills. Senor management team is exceptionally good to work with. Great company!

Cons

Compensation and benefits are average.

Keep up the good work.

Lead Mobile device Engineer

I have been working at Nexius full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Awesome work culture, Good management.

Cons

no cons as per me

Great big company

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Nexius

Pros

Weekly pay, benefits, and solid customer contracts.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about the company and haven't weighed any cons out yet.

None

Delusional Owners and Self-Serving Management

I have been working at Nexius full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent staff level employees; core group of enthusiastic employees beyond dedicated; casual environment; some surface level perks

Cons

Misleading interview/offer/expectations; no true corporate structure (such as HR policies/procedures - you have to email someone to find out how much vacation you have accrued); hired staff is mainly green, college grads with little to no expectation/understanding of proper work environment and management uses that to take advantage; management will lie to your face even when you have documentation to counter; little to no systems in place; and policies/safety/procedures rarely followed or not in place at all; heavy favoritism; lack of direction from management and then blame is placed on the employee.

Ned/Nabil, spend more time focusing on growing the business instead of who is calling from a cell phone during a conf call or watching staff on the many surveillance cameras. Invest in systems/phones to conduct quality work for our clients. Open your eyes to your "buddy" Managers and what they are really working on. Invest in new management that is interested in growing and committing to the business instead of padding their resume pushing their personal agenda. Actually appreciate your employees once in awhile for the hard work they provide at all costs. Be prepared for another mass-exodus in the near future as the pace and pressure you place on brilliant workers burns them out.

Overall good experience

I worked at Nexius full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Company culture, get exposure to meet different team members from different departments

Cons

not structured organization, HR is slow, IT infrastructure not good.

No advice.

Bait and switch...beware

I worked at Nexius

Pros

Lot of fun on site, employees make good morale, experienced employees not Appreciated by this employer

Cons

Low hours, not enough work for amount of employees on deck, low morale, per diem structure, employee pays way into and out of market, no over time, day to day agenda not known . not even make 40 hours, recruiters are liars and promise anything to get commission on warm bodies, upper mgmt doesn't care a about employees geographic locale

Listen to to your employees when they want to be in a market close to home...especially when YOUR own company website advertises it.... Policy of employees paying own way home is crap....organize jobs with client PRIOR to sending employees out of town just to sit in a hotel

Good work but bad benefits

Current Employee - Engineering Services Manager in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Engineering Services Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at Nexius full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work is flexible and not demanding. You get to learn stuff but slowly of you're in the Services teams.
    They pay good salary if you negotiate well but once in the company, I doubt you'll see a good raise and promotion.

Cons

As someone who came from a very fast paced company, Nexius seems very slow.
    Benefits are horrible. They don't match 401k, they don't commit to Bonus or Salary Increments.
    If you're someone who needs sponsoring with GreenCard, they make you pay for it ($12k)
    They have a really bad HR dept and immigration Attorney who's responses are slow and need multiple follow-ups.
    If you're on the bench, the camhances to find you the next project is a lengthy process and not transparent.

If you're planning to keep employees and invest in them, you might as well commit to Bonus, 401K, salary increments, etc.

Great company, entrepreneurial environment, lots of opportunity

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Nexius full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company really cares about it's employees. They promote from within often and I've seen many people change groups and roles over the years. The company has grown quickly in the time I've been here which has created opportunities to advance. The leadership team is accessible. The benefits are great, some of the best I've ever had. It's not perfect, but they seem to know where they need to improve and are working towards improving constantly. The company has a great reputation in the wireless industry.

Cons

Growing pains as systems, processes and facilities are outgrown quickly.

Continue to invest in systems that support the growing organization as well as training and development programs.

Nexius Photos