Nexsen Pruet

Christie Matthews
1 Rating

Wonderful place to work

I have been working at Nexsen Pruet

Pros

Great benefits!!! Good understanding of work/life balance by managment.

Cons

Hi volume of work keeps you busy.

Firm with good rep, but terrible Administration

I worked at Nexsen Pruet

Pros

Most people were great to work with and friendly; overall a nice place.

Cons

Worst gossip-ridden office in the South! Lack of management leadership in local office; quality of work not maintained; blatant favoritism to certain staff made a hostile work environment.

Need better administrative professionals who really care and listen to staff issues.

Great Firm to Work For

Current Employee - Assistant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Nexsen Pruet full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A smaller non-corporate mentality law firm. The firm seems to genuinely care about its employees. I don't feel that I am just a number to them. The IT department is always pleasant and easy to work with. The are extremely knowledgeable and always willing to help. I cannot express how great it is to have an accounting deparment that doesn't give you an attitude when you call them for something. They are actually very helpful, as well as very pleasant.

Cons

So far, I haven't really experienced any real cons with working at Nexsen Pruet. My only suggestion would be a little more training for new employees.

My only advice would be that everything for new employees should already be set up and ready for them to be trained on; and that new employees should be given about 3 days worth of training that includes all the forms that are used by the firm, i.e. check requests, travel expense forms, ADP.

Never met a more dysfunctional group of people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Nexsen Pruet

Pros

Salary is a little better than most. The office, in terms of space design, cleanliness is nice even though the elevators break frequently. There are one or two of the newer Of Counsel that are very nice.

Cons

Worst IT department ever. None on site. Software they use is out of date and insufficient. Lacking in desktop scanners. Some of the long-timers (staff) run the place despite their lack of skills, knowledge and abilities. See secretaries with 10+ yrs of experience that can't write complete sentences. Billable and collection requirements are absurd and your bonus depends on them.

Less emphasis on cocktails and parties and more emphasis on doing quality work. Management seems to be more interested in bringing in business, rather than doing a good job and maintaining clients.