Next (UK)

Add Photos

Next (UK) CEO Simon Wolfson

Simon Wolfson

rewarding

Loss Prevention (Current Employee) Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

ProsAs a company, you cannot fault Next for the Profesional way in which they strive to deliver the highest quality to every customer.

Conscommunication between departments could be improved

Advice to Senior Managementif management stick to procedures that they put in place, it is possible that there staff will follow procedures. and a look at the way deliveries are put together, as well as the way items are picked , could and will produce a great saving not to be sniffed at.

Friendly, happy, worthwhile

Sales Assistant (Current Employee) Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

ProsBonuses
    Community feel to the store

ConsLeadership
    No overtime
    Long days when quiet

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider allowing managers to work more paid overtime

Great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Enfield, England (UK)

ProsGreat place to work definitely.

Consit gets very busy at times

Advice to Senior Managementthey already do the best to help.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging, rewarding work.

Picker/Packer (Former Employee) Pontefract, England (UK)

ProsGreat flexible atmosphere, overtime is often available, as are early finishes. Management are down-to-earth and there are many opportunities to move up and gain experience where you care to gain experience.
    Also, picking and packing bonuses are VERY rewarding and worth earning.
    Great canteen and services, too.

ConsWork can be hard and stressful, bonus scheme is not ENTIRELY fair (some batches can be harder than others with no compromise in KPIs). During Winter and Summer sales, working can be incredibly cramped and hot due to outsourced workers flooding in, also causing a shortage of supplies and some REALLY stressful times trying to balance bonus. Higher-up managers can be particularly blind to warehouse conditions and complaints.

Advice to Senior Management(To the higher management) Consider sympathising more with the problems of the lower down staff and try to improve speed at which problems are generally addressed to maximise efficiency ALL AROUND the warehouse.
    (And to floor managers) Should try to compliment staff more on hard work on tougher days, this will alleviate stress to NO END, sometimes even warehouse staff need a thanks for the hard work and effort they put in.

Nice experience

Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsNice colleagues and store managers.
    Good salary.
    Easy job with no stress.

ConsI had 8hr/w contract, They told me I would had worked much more hours because we were going to be very busy and it was true but not every week: I also worked 8 hours a week for 4 weeks in a row.
    The "scanners" for checking stock were also everyday out of order and and stockroom software doesn't work properly: the target is much higher than you can reach.
    Stockrooms small and packed.

Personal development and overall job satisfaction'

Sales Assistant (Current Employee) Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

ProsFlexible working hours , overtime , job security , ability to progress , good training scheme and positive appraisal system

ConsRecently reduced premium for working Boxing Day , poor security team meaning high stock loss, confusing till updates.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate current managers to ensure most competent staff are doing the job. Better trained call center support staff as they are unhelpful.

Ability and talent acknowledged but an overall lack of information from management

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Manchester, England (UK)

ProsFloor managers do praise a job well done and are quick to recognise talent and ability. Also the benefits are good.

ConsToo many floor managers at times create confusion amongst staff regarding what needs to be done. Rarely ever see store/area managers, it would be useful to get feedback from a higher level which isn't filtered through several other managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more feedback and trying to sell the Directory to distracted shoppers is a hard job and too much pressure is put on reaching targets that are often impossible to reach, creating a lot of Directory applications with false information!

Good company but terrible coworkers at the branch I worked in.

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood discount and other benefits, experience in interacting with customers and gaining retail experience. Great as a first job for a teen.

ConsTime off policies and terrible coworkers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a good link with all your employees and improve performance reviews.

Flexible hours - low pay - limited progression after training - a good first job but other options if experienced

Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsStaff Discount 25% - I am at a very good shop, having worked at several and respect the management team overall, some managers are more flexible than others and encourage positive flexibility, but most are rather ridgid.

ConsManagement are a mixed bag from good to very smarmy - quite store dependent. Distribution pays better but very robotic. being a seasonal business forget quality Christmases or getting School Holidays off if below manager or Coordinator.

Advice to Senior Managementreinstate some of the benefits and consider more humane contracts - Van drivers paid the same as Sales consultants but effectively supervisors? The enhanced training is very good but perhaps some sort of incentive at the end of it.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great bonus's, bad shift patterns

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Wolverhampton, England (UK)

ProsGreat bonus's when we meet targets and even better super bonus's! 25% staff discount and 75% uniform allowance. Good training program.

ConsThe shift patterns are 3 hour shifts for part timers and you can only work a maximum of 20 hours per week. You have to re-apply for your contract every year and if you don't get it you could be made redundant! They have red weeks when you are not allowed to take any time off work this is over busy periods like sale days and the whole of December...

Worked for Next (UK)? Contribute to the Community!