NextEra Energy, Inc.

www.nexteraenergy.com

NextEra Energy, Inc. Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
NextEra Energy, Inc. – Marcus Hook – “exhaust fan blower”

NextEra Energy, Inc. President & CEO James L. Robo

James L. Robo

Pros
  • Work Life Balance, along with a comparabale benefit package(in 6 reviews)

• Good benefits package and work location is tough to beat(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Employees are very stressed because of the negative work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

• Senior management is about as innovative as a brown paper bag at your local grocery store(in 8 reviews)

Nice Company

ProsOnce you are in, you are set. Very easy to move laterally.

ConsNot a lot of openings for people who do not already work for nextera

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Intern

ProsCompensation is good, room for growth, responsibility, office culture is good I've only encountered nice individuals. People tend to have a passion for what they're doing and do not just view it as a job.

ConsDisconnect with senior management from time to time. Juno tries to use a one size fits all approach and consolidation efforts. I don't have a lot of ill to say.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not try and use one big box approach to all units. Be attentive that different places require different things. Also increase communications company wide instead of just Juno.

great summer intern position in the nuclear power industry

Engineering Intern (Current Employee)

ProsAt Nextera Energy all of the personnel have taken good care of the interns. Treated with respect and given real work to do. Also offered a variety of jobs to work in so that experience is diverse.

ConsNuclear power is not new. It is not cutting edge technology if that is what you are looking for. No benefits are paid for a summer engineering intern.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nuclear Division - Unpleasant Place to Work

ProsGood pay and benefits for the treasure coast if you are seeking to work for someone.

ConsTreated like a non-human resource. Long hours expected without any thank you's. Performance reviews "normalize" most to 3, which the company refers to as "highly valued" which is just a lot of "management psychobabble." Real bonuses and perks are at 4 and up - gotta have friend to get those ratings. Highly politicial environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the constant repurposing and repositioning of business decisions - employees working for you are intelligent and see right through that.

Not worth it.

Accountant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMy comp is good, but others are not getting comped fairly for the work. Casual dress code. CEO cares, but big disconnect between some managers & reality. Benefits are OK, not great.

ConsLong hours (working till midnight - 3am has been normal during month end close). Horrible employee morale & no trust. Never appreciated & good employees leave (~32 individuals left the accounting department in 2 years - department is only ~12 employees). Different set of benefits for Florida vs. Other states (FL gets better benefits & pension plan). Multiple systems that don't communicate. No process documentation.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange to address the issues with employees & take responsibility for the bad morale. Make real changes.

Only game in town

ProsLots of smart people to work with. Opportunity to work cross-functionally.

ConsNo visibility into promotions or selection for other opportunities.

Great place

Prospay is good for entry level

Consno balance work/life, long hours

FPL Requires a LOT of free professional time from all exempt employees

First Line Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsHigh salaries, good standard benefits (medical & retirements plans)

ConsCompany expects you to provide a lot of free overtime to meet production goals. Fringe benefits are being reduced and other than the normal retirement and medical insurance plans, are almost non-existent now.

Advice to Senior ManagementTurn around the culture from being company first to team first. Stop earning profits off the backs of the employees.

Great potential Early to tell

Associate Engineer (Current Employee) Juno Beach, FL

ProsGreat benefits (401k and insurance are great)
    Room to become the best
    Rewarding long term

ConsManagement can be difficult and tend to limit creativity
    May need to stay in a position for a while before offered to move about

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people and become part of the team, Taking the step away to keep your relationship only about business makes you less approachable and teammates see no point in sticking around.

Great Internship Experience!!

College Intern - Engineering (Current Employee)

ProsEngineering interns are paid well, the company really takes care of their interns, fun job, great networking, interesting work

ConsI can't think of any cons! working here has been great!!

Worked for NextEra Energy, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!