NextGen Information Services

Updated January 15, 2015
Updated January 15, 2015
4.2

Carmen Jacob

“I enjoy the people in this company and the compassion they share for and with everyone. ”

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at NextGen Information Services as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

I have always been self-directed and managed my own career. I found NextGen to be my ideal contracting company - they stayed in the background and allowed me to work at the client site with minimal overhead. When my project unexpectedly came to an end, my recruiter fought harder to help me find a new position then any other recruiter I have worked with. She sent me leads outside of what they had available just to help get me back to work. This company truly values peoples personal lives.

Cons

None that I ran into.

I love this company

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at NextGen Information Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent Management Team, Work- Life Balance. I am able to work from home due to my disability and that is rare. Management invests in its people. Very charitable owners/ upper management. They encourage their team to do the same by getting involved in various charitable causes. Some staffing agencies are all about the money and we don't have crazy margins so we do try to give as much as we can to the person working hard. Excellent well blended culture. It does not matter what your religion, age, skin color, sexuality is. This Management team embraces ALL people.

Cons

Insurance can be very expensive for a family if you are a W2 contractor BUT I am very excited that we are taking that very serious and shopping for a better price. I know the cost has gone up everywhere.

Keep caring about your people and they will work hard for you.

NextGen Information Services Response

Jan 15, 2015Senior Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We took into consideration the information provided about the cost of our insurance and have revamped our package can now offer excellent health coverage at an affordable ... More

Terrible Management and Atmosphere

Former Employee - Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at NextGen Information Services full-time

Pros

Outside of management, NextGen has some very dedicated, hard working people.

Cons

Management is given free reign to treat employees however they like. They harrass, swear at and belittle employees on a regular basis in front of their peers and other managers.

As the company has continued to suffer due to poor product and awful support, they've started to look at ways to cut back and have been taking away benefits and no longer giving employees annual increases to make the bottom line look better.

NextGen Information Services Response

Jun 18, 2014Vice President

We appreciate both positive and negative comments as your feedback helps provide guidance on where we can improve as a organization. I would welcome the opportunity to learn more about your personal ... More

Need for experienced recruiters

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at NextGen Information Services as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working as a contractor for them, they are conveniently located to their largest client At&t.

Cons

Benefits are lacking compared to othe contract companies. No company contribution to health care premiums, no paid vacation or holidays.

Ensure your recruiters have enough information to speak to potential contractors in a knowledgable and respectful manor.

Great entry level experience.

Former Contractor - Laboratory Technician in Wilmington, DE
    Former Contractor - Laboratory Technician in Wilmington, DE

I worked at NextGen Information Services as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

I was able to develop laboratory skills in a fast-paced environment. The project I worked on was interesting. My recruiter was wonderful! Whenever I needed to talk to her, she responded via email or phone ASAP. When my contract ended, she kept me informed about new postings.

Cons

My contract ended abruptly with no warning because the company restructured the laboratory, leaving me and 10 others without work. There were several contract companies represented at my lab and some were paid a couple dollars more per hour for the same work. No paid vacation or sick days. Doesn't generally lead to a full time position.

Consider giving contract employees a few personal and/or sick days.

Great

Former Contractor - EDI Analyst in Atlanta, TX
    Former Contractor - EDI Analyst in Atlanta, TX

I worked at NextGen Information Services as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this company

Management was good and pleasant to work with

Helen and Steve are the Professionals that placed me in my dream job.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in O'Fallon, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in O'Fallon, IL

I have been working at NextGen Information Services full-time

Pros

The same week I returned from working overseas, Helen and Steve helped me get my dream job. They reviewed my resume and matched me with one of their clients. They prepared me for the interview. I am now working my dream job. It is a prayer come true.

Helen and Steve work well together. They know their clients and what their clients are looking for. They made the appropriate coordination and quickly prepared me for the interview.

Cons

The job is not full-time yet.... but it is still a dream job.

I love my Job

Current Employee - Implementaiton Specialist in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Implementaiton Specialist in Horsham, PA

I have been working at NextGen Information Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Travel and see the country
    Meeting New people

Cons

Expense reports are the worst

Excellent Consulting Company to work for !

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at NextGen Information Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Management has good rapport with Client representatives. They are willing to listen to consultant inputs. They acknowledge and appreciate feedback and willing to institute changes. Have excellent mentoring and support program which helps new consultants ease into new roles with the client. The Project Director maintains a balanced and excellent relation with Consultant and Client.

Cons

In my 8 years consulting with the company I do not recollect of any significant cons. I may have a gripe about the frequent changes in Payroll and Benefits administration providers to cut costs.

Please continue to appreciate the Consultants who are out in the field, and make every effort to keep the administration, pay and benefits process smooth as possible

Great Assignment

Current Contractor - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Contractor - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at NextGen Information Services as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I was able to utilize best skills in an interesting assignment that paid well. The recruiter was hard-working and really seemed to care about my interests and being a good fit with the client

Cons

Not necessarily lead to permanent hire - though one associate on my team at Ameren was hired after about a year. However, a perm position may not be implied so if you are after contract work, they are a great choice

Thanks for caring about contract employees - not all agencies show the concern that NexGen does.

NextGen Information Services Photos