NextGen

Updated February 24, 2015
2.9

NextGen CEO Steven Plochocki
Steven Plochocki

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home, not micro managed (in 5 reviews)

• Flex, work from home " good benefits (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Company culture is not supportive of a work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• No Work/Life Balance what so ever (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

A great company that allow for individual growth and input.

I have been working at NextGen (more than 3 years)

Pros

Well established public company with an experienced team in an exciting market.

Cons

Tough market that has many competitors and lots of government regulations that have to be balanced with innovation.

If you are a hard worker and like to change your workflow each day, then this is the place for you!

Current Employee - Customer Representative in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Representative in Horsham, PA

I have been working at NextGen full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Management is very understanding and the days go by rather quick.

Cons

Some employees are not fond of procedure changes which makes the process for every one a bit harder to follow.
    Stress can also play a major part when first starting out but be advised that it will get better in time.

Hot industry, but having lots of problems delivering product. Need to focus on sincere employee engagement.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

I have been working at NextGen full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Smart and engaged teams. Mid level management is generally effective. Some training available, but more needed. Many of the employees are hard-working and are capable of making decisions that would improve the effectiveness of the company.

Cons

Office in Horsham is dark and dreary. Many areas have no windows. Few incentives offered to employees. No profit sharing, no bonuses (except for sales), no Christmas bonuses, health insurance is very expensive, no comp days for working weekends during travel, poor vacation benefits. When the two parts of the company were joined together by shared services, the part with a better benefit (personal days for example), lost that benefit.

Process trumps outcome efficiencies. Use processes that lead to better outcomes. Work to show the employees that they are valued. Sending them eThank You cards is not very convincing. Empower employees to make decisions that bring about effective change. Don't trade down the benefits of the various business units. Round up. Give the employees the full results of the employee survey.

Good company

Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NextGen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very talented people
    Great product
    Devoted clients
    Strong Sr. Executive Leadership
    The company continues to grow at a healthy pace
    Extremely good benefits

Cons

There are very few draw-backs. It is a well led company, with an extremely talented leadership team and some extraordinary products. They have a large market share and very committed and dedicated clients

Continue to do what you are doing.

former employee

I worked at NextGen

Pros

Competitive pay and great place to gain experience.

Cons

Frequent changes in upper management resulting in multiple policy changes.

Truly Horrid

Former Employee - Client Support Analyst in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Client Support Analyst in Horsham, PA

I worked at NextGen

Pros

The compensation with Nextgen was good - unless you factored in the workload.

The vast majority of the coworkers are great people who are willing to help whenever possible.

A great bonus program that can really help the finances.

Great company paid lunches and internal events.

The company offered a largely telecommute work environment.

Cons

The hugest problem is the workload, at one point I had well over 7 times the national standard for mental well being.

Inconsistent policies - "If an issue takes longer than fifteen minutes to resolve, it should have been transferred to a trainer" but when a client is looking to customize the application and doesn't even know how to login to the application, asking her if she would like me to connect her with a trainer resulted in my termination.

The company is very cliquey, if you don't want to spend part of your workday talking about current mainline sports, you will be on the outside.

Confusing feedback - At one point I was told that I was taking the blame for customer satisfaction issues that were simply out of my control, and then in the same conversation I was told that I needed more self accountability.

Poor release management - There were a multitude of times that major changes were made to the application that were not communicated to the employees, other than by the clients.

Poor documentation - product functionality existed that was not documented, and when asking management, they were not aware of the functionality either.

No Accountability for management - At one point I booked a hotel for a week in the office due to a meeting, over the weekend, management changed it to the following week, at which point I was required to book another hotel for the following week.

Coworkers would take advantage of your hard work. There were many times when I would work extra unpaid hours to lower my queue levels. When coworkers would notice this, they would transfer portions of their work to me, and management would support the process stating that it was for the betterment of the team.

The best advice to management is to find a much better balance of workload to employee. There are a great number of the current employees, that are dedicated and intelligent, although dealing with that kind of a workload has in the past and will continue to hospitalize people.

Great company

I worked at NextGen full-time

Pros

Friendly environment and great benefits. Lots of free food!!

Cons

Pay was a little low

Keep treating your employees nicely

Great company but developers don't work the important issues with the application.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at NextGen

Pros

Great pay and Great people.

Cons

just poor management of our application.

Too much focus on our new platform NG7 and no support for our legacy application.

Sales

I worked at NextGen

Pros

Driven and motivated sales team. Competent employees with diverse backgrounds. Good training opportunities and educational sales meetings.

Cons

Not too many cons to discuss. Sales team must be willing to work hard and work extra hours to close deals. Meet quota or get cut.

Allow new sales team members to shadow senior team members to gain experience. Encourage senior sales team to share more of their proven sales kit materials.

Mixed .. Part of it I liked and Part of it I didn't like.

I worked at NextGen full-time (more than a year)

Pros

People want to do the right thing - they really do care...but are getting burned out.
    Pay was satisfactory
    Lower level leaders care about team

Cons

Team members are overburden with too much work and not enough team members
    Senior leaders are adverse to bad news
    Bonus...even some top performers didn't get a bonus.

Listen to your team. Don't over react when you get bad news.

NextGen Photos