NextLevel Pharma

Updated October 23, 2014
Updated October 23, 2014
2.0

Geoff Cable & Luke Rogers

Be the master of your own destiny

I worked at NextLevel Pharma full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I can honestly say with 100% confidence this is a great company/team to be a part of. Yes it is the "cut throat" world of sales but the company is full of great people from all over the world, experiences, oppourtunities, happiness, professionalism a bit of cheekiness, fun and joy. I was only there for 8 months but the sense of acceptance you feel from the start is great. Starting from the top, The CEO's have mastered the balance between fun and professionalism. They are more than just the "management" they are able to be there on a personal level if you have any troubles and share there own experiences with the team. They also make you feel equal they don't come across arrogant even though they're more experienced. As for the team I have never worked in an international company before and this was a great team to be a part of, although I saw a lot of people come and go in the 8 months I was there I accept and understand this is life if you don't cut the mustard then there is no point in keeping you around. The team it self is like a family you have every kind of personality there but everyone is very understanding and great to be around.

Overall I liked the fact they gave you the tools and the chance to build your own future. Also respect is earned not given and egos are put aside when the job needs to be done.

Cons

Well this one is odd, I have read some comments on this website about nextlevel and seen some very strange and shocking things. Now I know companies and people aren't perfect but I firmly believe that if you have a problem and want to voice it on a public website then you should have the b***s to put your name to it. I also believe that if you have a problem while you are at a company or in a job you should handle it whilst you are there. As for cons I can't really say there were any with regards to the people, ethics, beleifs or how things were handled. The problem I had was my own, as I said above you are the master of your own destiny they are there to help whenever you need it but there is only so much they can do, I choose to leave due to my own reasons, not because NextLevel "failed" me. I have been in sales for 10 years+ at different levels and in different environments and I just felt it was my time to start a new career focus.

so I have received an email saying my original review was removed as I didn't follow the guidelines and put names even though 2 of the names I used are shown on this website and on the NLP website as the other name was my own??????? but alas I have confirmed and deleted the names so this can be re submitted.

I don't think I am in a position to offer you advice , however all I would say is thank you for the opporutnity, for what I learnt and I wish you and the team all the best.

Road To Hell Paved With Good Intentions

Former Employee - Team Leader in Bratislava (Slovakia)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Bratislava (Slovakia)

I worked at NextLevel Pharma full-time (more than an year)

Pros

like the title suggests, i believe that upper management does have good intentions so far as the company is concerned. on paper, a position at nextlevel pharma looks unbelievably better than it actually is. for that reason, if you go to work each day and find a way to ignore the negativity, the incompetence, and the poor leadership that festers within the confines of that place... then you will be able to learn quite a bit, and take that away with you when it is time for you to move on (that time will inevitably come because NOBODY stays there for what would be considered a significant amount of time). you will get top notch sales tips and trainings, however your creative drive will be stifled so you won't really get to use any of that in this particular role, but like i said... you WILL be prepared for your next job. the wages at NLP are also quite competitive. you will not get the opportunity to make as much money as you have the potential to make, IN THEORY, at NLP with any other entry-level position in bratislava.

Cons

where to start? in order to not hate your life... you will either need to actually BE dumb, or dumb down your intelligence level when you walk through the door every morning. you will get hired if you can speak english about as well as you can pick up a telephone (assuming you have hands). after that... all you need to do is pick up that phone, dial, and say the exact same thing that is on the paper - nothing more and nothing less, over and over until lunch when you will get EXACTLY 60 minutes before you need to be back in your seat and on that phone. two seconds late is unacceptable because you mustn't miss a junior manager with absolutely NO speaking skills try to motivate you twice a day who is OBVIOUSLY being forced to give you this pep talk because they aren't even motivated themselves. #counterproductive
    if you do that for them though then they will love you, as long as you don't challenge them (that part is key). they will literally count the number of seconds you have that phone in your hand and, like i said, will make you hate life if the other monkeys work faster than you. they do not care about the quality over quantity curve. try explaining to them that even a robotic assembly line needs to work at a reasonable pace or quality will be sacrificed - they won't care. the 8-hour work day was designed back in the industrial age because it maximizes physical labor. a healthy human mind is not capable of such a consistently low level of operation. even in management training they drill, "a good leader is a good follower". actually NO! even in the military, blind obedience is a bad thing *see WWII. one of THEE MOST criticized leadership mistakes that experts try to point out among corporate professionals is micro-managing. NLP confidently declares that "some people need to be micro-managed" NOPE! the truth is that no one should ever be micro-managed. if there is anyone on your team that needs someone constantly looking over their shoulder in order to make sure that he or she is working effectively after they have been adequately trained then YOU made a hiring error. PERIOD
    upper management preaches to their workers how their customers must always come first, and THEN their employees are a close second priority. even if they truly believe that... they need to stop saying it. customers cannot ever be satisfied when they are dealing with such obviously disgruntled employees. and when they say "customers" what the staff hears is " the customers' money" anyway. if they focused more on people and product, and a lot less on the money then maybe customers would come AND return because they like dealing with a company that has a happy staff selling a product that they are proud of.
    upper management also doesn’t take into consideration how cripplingly demotivating unkept promises and moving targets can be. if an incentive for reaching a sales goal is the reward of a nice hiking trip in the mountains, but after reaching said goal... hiking in the mountains turns into a picnic at a local park, or a skiing trip incentive ends up being bowling and pizza after work... the staff will stop believing in you - and trust is quite important! if an employee is extremely successful - hitting record sponsorship targets, and making a lot of money in commissions by doing so... don't move the target on them, restructuring their contracted commission package so that more of that money goes to the company instead of in the employee's pocket because the staff will question your loyalty - and trust is quite important! if you fire people who challenge you when they feel things aren’t right the staff will fear your judgement – and trust is quite important!
    taking responsibility for mistakes is virtuous. the high-ups at NLP always toss around blame, but very VERY rarely grant the staff the comfort of knowing that management realizes where it went wrong, and is in the process of fixing it. they will beat you down morally and place personal blame on you for an event doing poorly, assign the same event to you the next time it comes around and tell you not to worry because the problem previously was that the conference dates weren’t optimal. you realize that they had you so super stressed out when it was never your fault because they don’t have the integrity of good leaders. they are like coaches who are losing a big game... call a time-out, and then tell the team, "hey! you should really try to score more points. now go do it!" yeah, brilliant strategy but HOW maybe?!?! (*revert back to the section about quantity over quality, and you could rightly assume that the advice is to just do A LOT more of the same thing that's not working)
    you never know when you will get paid so don't make monthly plans like paying rent because they are insensitive to the fact that they are in charge of people with bills and families that really depend on that payment coming in on time.
    i know these folks well, and i do NOT consider any of them racists. HOWEVER, comments are made from time to time that are extremely tasteless and that would not be tolerated in western cultures. a team leader who, even if they are oblivious to the fact, could probably be considered a racist by most modern standards... really needs to be made to sit through some diversity acceptance courses or something. imagine a place where you have one of the leaders repeatedly declaring on a daily basis how they hate calling "these people" (referring to indians, italians, or americans are her most frequented cluster) because they are so *insert insanely inappropriate generalization here* so yeah, i can also see how one might argue the case that the place can be culturally insensitive.

i left NLP on what i sincerely hoped would be good terms, but 100% of what i just testified is accurate. for the sake of good-hearted people still employed there, i hope they use that constructively. it sends a bad message to your staff when you badmouth past employees that they hold in high regard who tried to pour positivity into your organization for years. amazing minds and talents have worked for NLP over the years. stop treating EVERYONE like they are easily replaceable because that is not true. you could have a remarkably effective team by now if you cared more about the retention of valuable people. instead you have a diminishing flock of frightened sheep. i harbor no hard feelings and would recommend a friend to NLP, but only because of the reasons i stated above in the pros section.

NextLevel Pharma Response

Oct 27, 2014CEO

For those who are interested, I am the CEO at NextLevel Pharma. The majority of neutral observers of these posts are very intelligent and realize that for most companies, there is only a very small ... More

Realistic review

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at NextLevel Pharma full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company gives you basic training regarding sales as well as info about the pharma and medical device industries to get you off to a good start once you 'hit the phones'.
    The bosses are really friendly and willing to help in any way possible even if they are not informed themselves, they will go out of their way to get you the info you need.
    Management tries to motivate you in any way possible (even if the motivation speaches from the team leaders are mostly huge fails and the only one who really is a good motivator is one of the bosses).
    Salary is on time and you will get your comissions payed.

Cons

Throughout the interview process you are not given exact information about salary, working hours, comissions and so on but tend to find out through the first couple of weeks from your colleagues. They tend to bring in people with higher education degrees but this is really a job for highschool graduates (as you are doing the same thing day in and day out-calling random people in pharma companies) which leads to demotivation and people leaving often.
    You will not be promoted in accordance with your knowledge or abilities but according to how long you have been with the company.

Be sincere with future employees and you will keep more people.

Simply not what i was promised

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Bratislava (Slovakia)

I have been working at NextLevel Pharma full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Interesting sales model , very aggressive but definitely interesting to learn.

Cons

Racist and sexist environment which can be really depressing when all you want to do is work .
    Team leaders seem to be the people who stayed at the company rather than being the best at the job.
    Constant turnover of staff is scary.

Sales managers should be good at people management and have strong sales skill. Playing games all day and kissing the owners rear ends are not the key to a good sales manager !!

Working there

I worked at NextLevel Pharma full-time

Pros

Its Monday to Friday. You will be motivated to leave very quickly unless you are lazy or think this is a really good opportunity because you earned less elsewhere.

Cons

I have finally found the time to write this as I have been too busy otherwise. After reading the other reviews I must agree with all the cons, I'm not sure that they were racist as one post suggests but if that person did feel that way I could only think of one man who would have made them feel that way. When I first arrived there I could tell just from looking at the office environment that this was no means going to be a great or anywhere close to being a long term stop. The training seemed pretty rushed and filled with facts and figures that would not be relevant everyday.
    The team leaders were very unprofessional in their approach and to be honest the advice in tape training (listening to your recordings) were not a great help.
    There were some motivational speeches that to be be quite honest only motivated you to want to leave. There was a team leader in particular who has been there for years probably since they started who is an absolute waste of space. He spent his time watching newspapers and downloading most of the day, now if the 2 CEO's know about this and are happy it just gives you an idea what kind of company you would be getting into.
    They said the pay was very competitive is is not!
    Would I recommend it? Absolutely not unless you don't believe any of the posts and you are a sucker for punishment.

Update training , reduce motivational speeches to once a day, update look of office its quite a depressing place and get rid of your useless team-leader.

THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT NLP

Former Employee - Sales in Bratislava (Slovakia)
    Former Employee - Sales in Bratislava (Slovakia)

I worked at NextLevel Pharma full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Any positive comments on glassdoor are fabricated by NLP pretending to make posts as employees.

That being said, there are very little pros to working at NLP.
    You can learn some very basic things about sales and the industry within 1 months time at NLP.
    Long term, you can build your own contacts and in's to the industry.

Cons

There are lots of cons to working at NLP.
    1 - Terrible management which follow a sales, marketing and management approach which is easily 5 years behind.

2 - The company has no foundation for keeping its employees happy other than commissions which is a gamble anyways. About 10% of the employees are paid decent salaries for Slovakia keeping them in the company. Otherwise the rest of the employees are there as they have no other current options but they spend a large majority of their time seeking other employment and leave as soon as they gain it.

3 - The companies foundation for keeping clients happy is to lie to them about the amount of people attending their events.

4 - There would be more life on earth after an apocalypse than the amount of life in this company. Robots or trained monkeys could do the work in sales, marketing and especially operations. The operations manager who's only real job is to book hotels and flights cant even find the best hotels or cheapest flights. Employees who stay in the company are fed up with bad management and positivity does not exist.

No point. They will never take any advice from anyone. And if they did, they would paint it as their own.

NextLevel Pharma Response

Oct 27, 2014CEO

Next Level Pharma OWNERS ARE LIERS AND CHEATERS - do not work for this company

Current Employee - International Sales Executive Manager in Bratislava (Slovakia)

I have been working at NextLevel Pharma full-time (less than an year)

Pros

No positives about this company. Owners bringing employees from all over the world just to prepare good background for the sale of events. You will get clients and they will let you go just before they have to pay you comision. Without any worning. You leaving company in one hour. Owners using people, they lying and cheating. There floor managers are useless, they reading porno and watching movies and treating with employees like with idiots. There motivation speaches was usualy about thanks to emloyees to wash dishes during the lunch time.What is it? This company is dead, there events are absolutly rubish and clients comming just once. Also in the company is very rasist environment.

Cons

This company is dead. They loosing so much busines and recruiting people every tree months to let them go just before event will close. The reason is to take your comision.

Rubish. You should sitting down in the prison. Liers

tough business to be in, good company to work for.

I worked at NextLevel Pharma full-time (less than an year)

Pros

sky is the limit income potential, laid back atmosphere, genial colleagues and managers, great training

Cons

hit or miss products, lead generation was at times difficult.

Unique

I worked at NextLevel Pharma full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most of the people already employed are great people and make good friends. The potential to climb up the management ladder within the company is quite easy if the right effort is put in.

Cons

Management is close minded and not open to making potentially beneficial changes for the company and especially not interested in making changes to benefit the employees. The potential to make above average income is there but rarely are employees truly rewarded for their hard efforts.

Consolidate and focus on quality not quantity. Happy employees (financially and general respected) make for a happy company and will improve work ethic and output.

honest review

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Bratislava (Slovakia)

I have been working at NextLevel Pharma full-time (more than an year)

Pros

u can make money if you ignore the management and try not to lie to your customers like the management will recommend !!

Cons

ales managers playing games all day while telling the staff to work harder !!! The idea that while they download movies and play games i would get motivated by some arrogant and boring speech after lunch is just insulting. And the CEO coming up with new rules every month to reduce commissions , its amazing they have any staff left(7 on the sales floor 16th July).

Fire your sales managers !! Stop smoking !! Move to a proper office not a converted attic !!