NextXAP Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.4
Alex Millan

Good for a launching pad.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at NextXAP

Pros

The basics are all taken care including a good office space, decent technology projects to work with, pay is low but paid on time, they do H1-bs and Green cards.

Cons

I have only worked for this company for almost 8 months. My experience was lukewarm. I cant say i was really happy with my overall experience with the company. I was hired as a Game Developer working on Core JAVA Technologies. During the interview process, i had clearly told them that my specialization is Core JAVA. However when i joined them, they put me on a Gaming project for thier client Electronic Arts. The source code was complex and i was given little time to understand it. I really had work very hard to keep up with the deadlines. The offshore team was very slow and in-efficient. very often, i had to work extra hours to expedite the Development. I didnt get much of appreciation for all the hard work done. Because of my efforts, they were able to release the build to the client on time. I was also asked to work on J2EE technologies and frameworks inspite of me clarifying at the time of hiring that i dont prefer to work on those technologies as my forte is Game development. The response that i got was "We cant ensure that you will always be given work as per your interests". Finally after lot of thinking, i decided to call Quits. Good things were i really got a detailed understanding of their Gaming project and learnt from it. But after a while you get bored doing the same thing. This company has very limited projects and you may not be able to survive for too long unless you adjust to their demands. So think before you join the company.

2. Worst employer ever

Former Intern - Programmer Analyst IT in Herndon, VA
    Former Intern - Programmer Analyst IT in Herndon, VA

I worked at NextXAP as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

none as far as i can see..please do some research if you dont believe mr

Cons

If you are looking forward to ruin your career ,then it is the best option you got

3. Fake People

I worked at NextXAP

Pros

They can lie very easily. They are good at not allowing employees to mention the company name on linkedIn. (So that their future employees don't contact former/current employees for feedback.

Cons

Fake People It is just another consultancy. They bring people on board by lieing about their company and once you are there, you don't have any other choice but continue with them. (I was able to come out of it immediately as soon as I realized their true face though)

5. Please do not join... It harass the employee

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Herndon, VA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Herndon, VA

I worked at NextXAP as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

less salary, do not sing any document

Cons

bad company..oops did i say company... not a good people

6. Exploit the consultant

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at NextXAP

Pros

Quick Visa Transfer to get started from college.

Cons

Below Average Salary, Bad Management

7. Bad experience, fake company..do not trust them..

Former Contractor - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at NextXAP as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Cannot think of any pros

Cons

They are the most cunning people, they will not pay you correctly. They never increase your salary if you don't argue with them. They do not care about Employee, absolutely they do not care.

Advice to Management

Give fair credit to employee.

good to get a break into this company if you have less experience

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at NextXAP

Pros

They have some in-house Software Development work (mostly on Game Development projects using JAVA) They implement very few projects with some of their long lasting clients. They sponsor H1-B and assist you with Green ard processing.

Cons

Issues with the Company 1. The pay-scale is not competitive. Mostly you cant expect more than 50 to 60K Annual Salary.(i only joined becuase they pay on bench otherwise its very difficult to survive on these salary scales) 2. All the guys hired are junior people. (<3 yrs of work exp.) 3. Most of the Development Team is filled with Junior people with only 1 Quality person who would be a leading the project. 4. Issues with In-house projects. lots of work and pay is not competitive. 5. Only Annual appraisal for In-house projects. only if you work with a large Implementation/assignment, they will increase your salary every 6 months. 6. No 401K contribution 7. In-house work is mostly restricted to JAVA. on other areas like .NET they dont have many projects. They do SAP Work but its limited to SAP Portal/Netweaver/MDM and Business objects. They are not very good on old sap modules like sd/mm/pp/fi/co and ABAP.

RSS Feed </> Embed