Nextiva Reviews

Reset
4.5
Nextiva President Tomas Gorny
Tomas Gorny

Pros
  • Amazing Service is real, not just talk (in 16 reviews)

• Plus they provide great pay, great benefits, free food and great perks (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • There's pressure to perform well (in 2 reviews)

• If you are hesitant to a lot of change, this may not be the place for you, as you may find it hard to keep up with (in 2 reviews)

1. Amazing

I have been working at Nextiva full-time

Pros

The people at Nextiva, the culture, high energy, events, free food/snacks and relaxed dress code are just a few things that makes Nextiva great.

Cons

Work days can be long, expectations are usually high and you will need to be able to keep up with the fast paced environment to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep on doin what you're doin - culture, events, food/snacks and high energy will keep people motivated.

My rating

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good product because it's something that every business needs. Company is growing. Cool and funny people. I feel bad giving it a 4 star but feel like there's more work needed before it's a solid 5. Plans adjust quickly, it's not stagnant. I also like how businesses of all different types use us. I've gotten the chance to speak to some really cool companies.

Cons

Can be annoying at times. In the end things always work out but times can be frustrating. Some of the people are also really annoying. None of them last a long time, but hiring should improve. One of the main reasons why I've been at Nextiva for three years has been the people I'm surrounded by.

Advice to Management

Become quicker at letting bad apples go. It hurts the atmosphere and everyones performance when there are negative people around. It seems like the negative people quit before we fire them. It would be nicer if they wouldn't join to begin with but if they do get hired and don't have a good attitude they should be let go.

3. Overall, great.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva

Pros

I love my job. I love coming into work early and I enjoy the atmosphere. Overall, management is decent and they're always available to help me out when needed, they're also extremely understanding. There is something about this company that makes you want to stay. This place has changed my entire life and I'm so thankful for it.

Cons

Honestly, the way Nextiva is growing is wrong. They're not taking the time to hire the right people who are qualified and want this job. There is an extreme lack of follow through and ALL of the management plays favorites.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people who aren't qualified. Stop promising things that don't happen. Stop playing favorites. Give each employee a chance and GET RID of the employees who clearly don't care about being here or not. They're simply taking up space. Stop getting so corporate, keep this place as great as it was. Spend more time with your employees. Make a note to get to know them and how they work, no one person is the same as the next.

Excellent Company

I have been working at Nextiva full-time

Pros

-Positive company growth -Excellent benefits -Pleasurable work environment; outstanding culture -Supportive & appreciative management -Great perks & rewards – free coffee, snacks, breakfast & lunches

Cons

-More office space needed; becoming overcrowded -Parking is scarce

Advice to Management

-Such positive things ahead…continue what you are doing!

6. Account Executive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Nextiva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Breakfast provided on Monday and lunch on Friday; flexible schedule

Cons

This place is a joke. The sad thing is I did my homework on these folks and read the reviews. I have no clue who they must have paid to receive such high praise. Deceitful tactics to get you hired and sink or swim sales environment. Was lied about compensation and paid garbage money for what to be a smoke and mirror telemarketing job. All of the decent leads are weighted so the senior reps receive them and the new people are forced to call crap leads that don't get you anywhere. Management doesn't care about giving proper training nor do they give the effort to make their sales team better. This happens to be one of the most unprofessional sales environments I have ever worked in. The use of language and level of noise is unsettling. And don't get me started on the racial slurs and sexual misconduct. I want to know how the hell nobody has sued them for sexual harassment. I know what you're thinking.. I must be disgruntled, I will tell you this. When you consistently lose 3 or 4 people on a team a week for turnover, this is bad. I have over 15 years of solid business experience of which 5 are sales related. Don't waste your time.

Advice to Management

Stop bold face lying to potential employees and provide real training for success

Nextiva

Current Employee - Onboarding in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Onboarding in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time

Pros

- I have noticed that my knowledge of this technology and the business has grown - Career advancement is good - Company is growing fast, extremely fast - People are appreciated​ - No politics - Fun environment - Cool place to be

Cons

- Things can be tough and stressful. - Accountability should be more consistent. - Office has been getting fuller and fuller. - I've worked with some customers that have been very rude. Be warned. - Nothing that I would consider a really bad con.

Jun 24, 2015 – VP, Marketing

Thank you for leaving your positive review, and if you have any specific ideas to improve, please reach out to our culture team.

Lack of Character in Upper Management

I have been working at Nextiva

Pros

Good benefits health vision dental etc Free lunch on Fridays Flexible Hours Plenty of parking Coworkers are genuinely nice people

Cons

Complete lack of follow through by management. They had people interview for a sales manager position to give the illusion of career growth then decide they weren't hiring, even though they're constantly adding more sales people even though the office can't fit them and customer support can't keep up. You're told to sell on better customer service then transfer your customer into a 25 minute hold time queue just to talk to a tech. You're expected to maintain the customer relationship and be the primary point of contact, but only make a fraction of any add on revenue. Upper Managment does an awful job at fostering a positive relationship with their staff, becoming a leading antagonist in your attempt to do your job or advance. The only coaching you receive is in regards to metrics (number of outbound dials, talk time, etc) which are apparently more valuable than revenue. It is advertised as an inbound sales position but there are not enough leads to go around so you are expected to generate most your pipeline from digging through garbage. This wouldn't be a problem if they were upfront about it, instead it's a bait and switch. People who have been doing the exact same job for years with no growth are the rule, not the exception.

Advice to Management

What you do is more important than what you say. Treat people better. Their relationship with management actually matters if you care about people enjoying where they work

Jun 24, 2015 – VP, Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. At Nextiva, we strive to foster positive relationships and open communication between management and our team. We welcome and encourage all team members to speak with our ... More

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work, where every day is a new and exciting challenge.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any. Work here.

Thanks for your review!

Just okay

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to learn consistently about VoIP services and how to support the service well. The kudos are nice if you meet metrics. You talk to a lot of network technicians and you're always learning. You're able to advance in the company based on the amount of work that you put into your work. Management notices when you put in the overtime. The company is growing and expanding rapidly.

Cons

Not many people move out of technical support to other departments. When you first begin working at Nextiva, there are tons of basic things that you have to learn and know in order to be able to troubleshoot non-working phones or network related issues. But once you learn those basic things, there's not really much else to learn or build upon. The job gets pretty stagnant after a while. Support chat this. Support chat that. The rate of pay is alright, you get overtime pay on top of everything else. If you really want to live inside the company and make a home, working the overtime hours is feasible.

Advice to Management

Provide more support documentation that is easily accessible to the customer and try to distinguish the differences between the two platforms that Nextiva offers. Customer actually use the support guides that Nextiva offers, try making better ones.

Inside sales team perspective

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment and everyone is approachable. When I hit the quota, I am stoked and the pay is good. We use our phone system. The office phones and computers are better than any other company I've worked at. Leads come in and there isn't a need to cold call. Other departments seem happy and the overall feeling is positive. Cool prizes. Good contests. Dress code is casual. Growing fast. Regular recognition for wins.

Cons

It's tough to organize my day. Things move really fast and I sometimes lose track. When I don't get to the monthly quota it's really tough to survive. I've been at Nextiva for 9 months out of training and have missed it twice. Training can step up. Hours can be longer than 40 in order to really crush it.

Advice to Management

Keep growing this baby.

Jun 24, 2015 – VP, Marketing

Thank you for leaving your feedback. If you ever have any ideas in the future for how we can improve, please speak with our culture team.

RSS Feed </> Embed