Nextiva Reviews

84 reviews filtered by
4.6
Nextiva President Tomas Gorny
Tomas Gorny

Pros
  • If you're not passionate about amazing service and helping others, you won't survive (in 16 reviews)

• Plus they provide great pay, great benefits, free food and great perks (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • This job requires multi-tasking skills, along with excellent Customer Service skills (in 3 reviews)

• I think it's the best place I've ever worked though, no exaggeration (in 3 reviews)

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fabulous perks, salary and fun environment!

Cons

Not much that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good communication and relations

Apr 7, 2015VP, Marketing

Hi and thank you for taking a few moments to leave your feedback! It is always wonderful to read positive reviews, and if you have any specific ideas, please come speak with the culture team; we'd ... More

Great place and great people

I have been working at Nextiva

Pros

This is the fourth tech company I've worked for in Phoenix, and it's the best. I really like the people I work with. The opportunities seem endless here. The growth is legit and it's nice to see random people I run into say that they know what Nextiva is. The location is good for me because I just take the 101 and I'm here.

Cons

There are expectations to move very quickly. It gets really stressful at times. The office is getting full and we need more space.

Mar 16, 2015VP, Marketing

Hi there, and thank you for your review. We agree, the people here rock! If you have any specific suggestions about how we can maximize our space while we grow, we'd love to hear your ideas. You ... More

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Nextiva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company has a good energy. They promote an idea that could be great. Free lunches Friday. Commission has potential to be great.

Cons

Bait and Switch. Company claims and promoted no weekends yet it is heavily suggested to work Saturday or even Sunday! Company back tracks on its word and is dis organized! No more game room and plenty of the perks they promote when recruiting you. Hours are 6am to 6pm and you are at the mercy of older employees for what your hours will be. They only give you 30 minute lunches and keep you at 8 hours 30 minutes so it can be so. If you want 1hr you have to give away your breaks. Outbound AE and Inbound AE are basically the same you will be making outbound calls even if they tell you that your a IB AE. No drug tests good or bad thing.. Low hourly. 12/13hr. If a company backs out in 60days you lose your commission and can affect your residual income because they'll retro pay it. So you can't control it. They've grown way to fast which sounds great but feels terrible they are over hiring.
    The employees don't strike you very professional.. Tattoos all over them, and very much like one review about don't seem trust worthy and just feels off. There is something that feels wrong. Office seems to be getting to small and cluttered and really seems to be over occupied. Sales team can't do fun contests cause support gets mad. Game room closed because they need desks there.

Advice to Management

Don't let your recruiters set a false expectation. A company that prides itself on a "Amazing Service" and positive atmosphere to feel bait and switched at the get go is a bad situation to be in. Get unified so this doesn't occur.

Mar 27, 2015VP, Marketing

Thank you for your post and we appreciate your feedback. It is unfortunate that you did not have a positive experience during your time at Nextiva, as we genuinely strive for a company culture that ... More

5. VoIP rep, first 4 months at nextiva

Current Employee - VOIP Support Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - VOIP Support Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The month long training program forces you to pay attention and learn the skills you will need to pass the "after training test" and survive on the floor. Great Culture and freebies- food for employees. For the most part, the co workers and managers are easy to deal with and the hours are decent.

Cons

The pay! It's really not much and to get a 1 1$ raise requires passing another grueling few month long training program. If they expect people to stay and grow within the company, they should really consider paying employees on an individual basis and not just one flat hourly rate for everyone. There are people that work there that I wouldn't let wash my car. They need to recognize individual talent. The 401k plan is non existent. They match 0%. What kind of company matches nothing!!!?

Advice to Management

The leads! Everyday it feels like I have 5-6 bosses or leads telling me different things to do. Micro management is one of the most annoying things To me and frustrates the hell out of me. 1 lead should have a designated group And stick to that group, not rotate around the whole floor.

6. Fun, Money and Family.

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice place to be at, the management always try to come up with new ways to motivate you. The team always looks out for one and other. very easy place to make money.

Cons

Follow up, needs to improve. there is a lot going on. and everyone is running forward with out looking back. sometime, you miss out on a lot of opportunity by not looking back.

7. Living the dream!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva

Pros

The endless opportunities that are provided to me on a daily basis Is a huge pro. I feel like I matter! No matter what challanges Nextiva runs into we always attack it as a team. Our culture is second to none. The learning opportunities never stop. I never thought I would or could have the opportunity to be part of somthing great and Nextiva shows their employees they apart of somthing truly Amazing. I am coming up on 4 years at Nextiva and I am still living the dream! I just want everyone to know how Amazing this company is.

Cons

Every company has challenges but I can't point out one Con.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your team and backing them when needed. Our leadership team sets the tone for our success. With continues guidance Nextiva will never have a glass ceiling and everyone will grow together.

8. Huge growing pains

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Nextiva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Other departments seemed to be better ran, and it truly did seem like the culture team was trying to make people feel good to come to work. There are some genuinely good people that work here.

Cons

I wish that the pay structure and expectations were better set upfront. It seemed that while interviewing, even moderate success would end in a decent month in pay, and with giving it everything, you would see great reward. After getting through the interviews and training, the actual sales floor was completely different than previously discussed.

The only way to make money here is to know how to filter through the lead system and find newer clients, be there for a least 6 months to a year when you start getting calls coming in, or to dial like mad to hope to find someone. There is extremely high turnover for newer account executives because of this exact reason. I feel like the management expects that things would translate from when they were a smaller company to just hiring more people will also generate more business at the same rate, and they carried over these expectations to new hires too. The AE's that have been there long enough to start receiving calls were starting to feel the squeeze on lead flow when I left and had started to cling onto the leads that previously had fallen to the newer staff to get their feet wet.

I just wish I had been informed of this being the case upfront. I saw review upon review about this place being the greatest company to work for, and maybe at one time it was, but at this point it is better to do sales anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Please realize that you are a growing company. Hiring new people and expecting that same pop in business, while doing the exact same thing you were doing when you started is not going to work forever. Also, communicate better amongst yourselves so that you can deliver a unified message to the floor when something changes. It seemed like there were so many different variations of rules running rampant across the sales floor because no one stepped up and ever "laid out the law."

Mar 9, 2015VP, Marketing

Thank you for your feedback about Nextiva. It is unfortunate that your experience was different than your initial expectations. Our goal is to create a positive and a fair environment on our sales ... More

9. It's all about Amazing Service, and starts with Amazing Employees.

Current Employee - Advanced Cloud Solutions in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Advanced Cloud Solutions in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva

Pros

Management listens to everything you have to say. Provides lunches every Friday with other great perks.

Cons

Training can always be increased upon all levels.

Advice to Management

Work from home can be in the future.

Jan 23, 2015VP, Marketing

Hi, and thank you for your positive review! It's always wonderful reading these, and we hope to continually be improving. If you have any ideas about how to add more value to Nextiva's culture ... More

10. Ratings are not accurate

I worked at Nextiva

Pros

Team building activities, lunch on Fridays

Cons

Few leads, most opportunities have to be sourced from previous Nextiva contacts.

Jan 16, 2015VP, Marketing

Hi and thank you for posting. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. If you would like to share most specifically about how we can improve, please let us know at ... More

Be heard, rewarded, and valued by your employer...

Current Employee - Success Coach
    Current Employee - Success Coach

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Nextiva culture is truly unparalleled. While the company is experiencing rapid growth, Management has effectively kept that personal touch in tact. Each individual has an equal ability to voice their ideas, constructive feedback, and/or concerns. No real sense of hierarchy with Management/Leadership. Experience the advantages of a "Start-up Mentality," without the risk going belly-up!

Cons

Communication between departments. Inconsistent follow-through on implementing initiatives

Advice to Management

You've inspired others to develop a sense of pride by working here. Continue to improve cross-department communication. Never stop recognizing the talent in each department, and leverage their strengths to bring consistency across the organization.

Jan 16, 2015VP, Marketing

Hello, and many thanks for leaving your review! We too believe that our culture is unparalleled and we hope to always be improving. There is always room to do better in any endeavor, and so we take ... More