Nextiva

Updated December 8, 2014
4.8

Nextiva President Tomas Gorny
Tomas Gorny

Pros
  • If you're not passionate about amazing service and helping others, you won't survive (in 16 reviews)

• Plus they provide great pay, great benefits, free food and great perks (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • This job requires multi-tasking skills, along with excellent Customer Service skills (in 3 reviews)

• I think it's the best place I've ever worked though, no exaggeration (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Be heard, rewarded, and valued by your employer...

Current Employee - Success Coach
    Current Employee - Success Coach

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The Nextiva culture is truly unparalleled. While the company is experiencing rapid growth, Management has effectively kept that personal touch in tact. Each individual has an equal ability to voice their ideas, constructive feedback, and/or concerns. No real sense of hierarchy with Management/Leadership. Experience the advantages of a "Start-up Mentality," without the risk going belly-up!

Cons

Communication between departments. Inconsistent follow-through on implementing initiatives

You've inspired others to develop a sense of pride by working here. Continue to improve cross-department communication. Never stop recognizing the talent in each department, and leverage their strengths to bring consistency across the organization.

Different. In a good way

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Nextiva

Pros

The biggest pro for me in working at Nextiva is the fact that I actually look forward to going into the office every day. Time flies and I enjoy what I do. I like the company structure, it's not chaotic when compared to the other places I've worked.

Cons

I can't really think of one.

I want to see Nextiva grow even more.

Nextiva is an awesome company

I have been working at Nextiva

Pros

Lots of growth and good opportunity for advancement.
    Good location.
    Nothing fake or drama.
    I feel like the the environment was great when I joined and has gotten much better since.
    Growing industry that's necessary for businesses.
    Smart colleagues.
    Fun.

Cons

The expectations are always high. Not much time to fool around.
    I wouldn't know the names of most of my colleagues if I saw them outside the office.

I like the company, culture and where things are going. Can we keep things going strong as more people join and the industry changes?

Good Company and Great People

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Nextiva full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free Food
    Good Benefits
    Good People
    Good customers

Cons

Pay
    Call Volume
    Some supervisors need culture training.

Pay more... Otherwise good company.

Nov 13, 2014VP, Marketing

Hi there, thank you for your review! We genuinely appreciate your feedback. We agree that culture is of high importance and strive to build on our solid foundation of amazing culture every day at ... More

Channel Manager

Current Employee - Channel Manager
    Current Employee - Channel Manager

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been in the channel for over 10 years, working at three companies before I joined Nextiva recently. Based on my experience and what I'm seeing in the industry, Nextiva is special. The commitment to each other (the team) is mind blowing. Everyone in the company seems to sincerely care about the well-being of each other.

Cons

This is the fastest growing company I've been apart of. Things move quick. Plans change fast. I've found that some ideas that seem great today, may be trashed tomorrow for something else. This is something to consider if you're thinking of joining. Don't expect lots of planning and drawn out processes.

Nov 12, 2014VP, Marketing

Hi there, and thank you for your positive review. We agree that people build our company, and each person here is what makes Nextiva special. Since you have mentioned that you are on the Channel ... More

Great place to be rewarded for hard work.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They foster a positive work environment. If you work hard it gets noticed and you will be rewarded. They appreciate when you support coworkers and help.others. we do a lot of fun activities and contests in the office that make days enjoyable. This is the place you actually excited to go to in the morning! There are catered meals.

Cons

If you don't work hard or are a complainer, it will be noticed. It's not easy to keep pushing some days but it pays off!

Keep watching for the areas to continue putting better systems in place. Keep it fun for us!

Oct 28, 2014VP, Marketing

Thank you for leaving your feedback; we really appreciate it! We agree, let's keep innovating, and finding ways to create a fun and hard-working environment. We are always open to feedback and ... More

Amazing company culture!

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (less than an year)

Pros

From the moment I stepped foot in the door, I've felt welcome and comfortable. Everyone is willing to help or answer questions - no matter what department they're in. Nextiva really cares about their employees, and it shows through in the team building activities, weekly culture activities, and holiday events. They welcome new ideas and are always looking for ways to improve what they're currently doing.

Cons

As the company grows, information is not always communicated to all departments. The company-wide emails and weekly video newsletter (a major highlight every Friday) really help, but sometimes information falls through the cracks.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Amazing Positive Work Environment. Take Initiative and Succeed.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Frozen Yogurt Wednesdays! Free Food Fridays! Game Room with a Pool and Ping Pong Table! Similar atmosphere to Yelp! Sales Account Executives have an opportunity to make a competitive six figure income. Team activities and surprises every week. (For Halloween there was a pumpkin carving and costume contest)

Everyone you interact with has something positive to say, not only about their work environment, but about what they get to contribute to the company. This place is filled with talented career-minded people that are passionate about what they do and where they see themselves growing within the company. New ideas are welcomed with open arms, a "work hard, play hard" mentality is embodied. Nextiva is keenly focused on bringing people on board that want to be a part of the culture and growth of the company. The google-esque mentality and innovative outlook in the world of cloud communications will set them apart from other companies within the valley in the long run.

Cons

The entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well meaning there is great opportunity for the right people to take on a more process driven role. Overall micromanagement is limited, management understands it's more important to hire the right people and get out of their way. If you come in to your new position eager to learn, to grow, to be accountable, and to evolve you will succeed rapidly.

Continue leading by example, maintaining the positive vibes, and encouraging personal and professional growth among your team members.

One of the best companies I have been a part of!

Current Employee - VOIP Technical Support in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - VOIP Technical Support in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Positive atmosphere, HUGE bonus potential, one big family, great benefits and room to grow.

Cons

You must be a, "multi tasker" and it helps if you wear a couple hats. This isn't really a, "con", just advice.

Keep doing what you're doing. You're on the right track to success.

Nextiva Invests in You

Current Employee - Tech Support in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The office has a great atmosphere: laid back, dress comfortably, and you can customize your work area. The culture department focuses on providing a great experience for the employees and is always finding ways to improve the workplace. Management is friendly and approachable with an open door policy. Training is very thorough and prepares you for production with confidence. Lots of room for personal growth opportunities, and the company is growing as well. The company is focused on providing exceptional customer service, allowing for Tech Support to have time and flexibility to fully resolve customer inquiries. Also, the free food is awesome! Overall, I am very happy to be at Nextiva.

Cons

Breaks are not on a set schedule, but no serious complaints. Just be ready to work, as the office can be very busy at times.

My training has been excellent, though I have discovered this has not always been the case. I appreciate that Nextiva has considered feedback from previously hired employees and revamped the training. Continue to improve processes and listen to your workforce, as you already are. This is to confirm your ideology is sound and your practices are improving! I'm glad to be a part of it.