Nexus IS Reviews

Strong Company to grow career -

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Nexus IS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nexus has a great company culture and prides itself in maintaining it. Lots of "off site" company events/gatherings. They promote internally, provide/promote training. Nexus adapts to industry trends with solution offerings and is a leader in several segments. Cisco - our primary manufacturer we represent - see's Nexus as they key/leading strategic partner.

Cons

Not sure if it's a Con - but something to be aware of - Nexus has been acquired by Dimension Data. The cultures are a great match - and there's not much overlap in customer base or territories (which is surprising) - but with any acquisition (friendly or not) nobody knows how things will end up until everything is settled.

Not what I was hoping for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Nexus IS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. We are not overloaded with rules and stuffiness. For the most part, the people are great and fun loving.

Cons

I am feeling like there will never be an opportunity for advancement. If you are not the "hit the bar after work with the boys" type you are looked over. Hoping that this and the lack of raises issue is fixed once we become Dimension Data.

Before you hire people from the outside, make sure that you consider current employees.

Confused direction

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Nexus IS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people. Great engineering support. Generally view themselves as an engineering company that also has a sales force.

Cons

Too much dependence on the Cisco business. Zero lead development support for sales people.

Bring on lead development.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great culture, great people, back end loaded comp.

I have been working at Nexus IS full-time

Pros

People and culture are great

Cons

Back end loaded comp makes it difficult to make money

Good engineers but poor management

Current Employee - Solutions Architect  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Nexus IS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good engineers, decent opportunities, healthy project pipeline, aggressive sales teams.

Cons

No annual raises, poor benefits, low 401k match, poor project management, sales department is too aggressive.

Focus more on customer satisfaction, annual employee raises with a decent performance review, improve benefits and retirement packages.

Nexus IS is a terrible place to work

Current Employee - Solutions Architect  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Nexus IS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work remotely on failing projects in California

Cons

Majority of projects fail, employees are forced to deal with unnecessary politics created by management, negative customer feedback, procurement cant get basic orders correctly, typically ships wrong items more than once, few professional services managers with uncontrollable ADD. As far as Nexus IS management is concern customers are stupid,trash and doing everything wrong. Data Center practice doesn't really do any of customer's Data Center work, but sales department does! Former Cisco sales people who got laid off early retires are in charge assigning resources to ensure that projects continue to fail and problems remain. After bragging to upper management that there are problems and that they will fix them, they hand down new orders which result the same outcome. The definition of insanity!

Vast majority of sales architects, consulting engineers and project manager resources are very inexperienced or lazy and always pretending that they are busy. They all have at least four things in-common: failed projects, big mouth, inaction and taking credit for something they have never done before. If accidentally one project becomes successful, credit distribution turns into a bragging competition. Everyone tries to say that they did the same thing and fights break out. On higher level, directors work hard to misrepresent to higher management and ensure they get all the credit. Upper management runs on director's opinions and manager/director originated self serving hypothetical theories, unwilling to discover the truth directly from the source. While paying Nexus for professional services, customers are confused, overwhelmed with meetings, allocating more resources and are working overtime struggling to understand Nexus IS plans, teams, management, politics, order, etc. eventually giving up in a few months.

Six years ago I was proud working here, not anymore. This small company has become a zoo and at the end everyone is a looser. Not surprising our most seasoned engineers moved on. Many customers fired Nexus and refused to pay for taking down their networks without a notice and not delivering what promised.

Worst of the worst in Silicon Valley

Former Employee - Consulting Engineer  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Consulting Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Nexus IS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place for con artists to perfect their skills. Any con artists, including random individuals off the streets with absolutely no previous technical work experience or knowledge will benefit

Cons

Incompetence, no support for employees and customers

Beware, management here does not take advice or suggestions

Positive experience.

Former Employee - Federal Business Development  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Federal Business Development in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Nexus IS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nexus is willing to think outside the box.

Cons

Limited budget for travel and marketing events.

Focus on the regional market. Don't experiment with Federal market. Either commit completely or avoid entirely. Margins are slim and contracts are big.

Pretty good company to work for

Former Employee - WLAN Engineer  in  Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - WLAN Engineer in Valencia, CA

I worked at Nexus IS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My overall experience working for/with this group was pretty good. My favorite part was the family type of environment that was instilled company-wide, at least with the CA offices I was with.

Cons

Not really any worth mentioning. The only reason I left, is because of opportunities I was given to grow my career, that Nexus has already fulfilled with other people.

Unethical behavior from management in the East

I have been working at Nexus IS

Pros

None that I could see

Cons

Unethical behavior from management in the East

There is a manager over the east and this guy is a piece of work. If you interview with them expect them to try to snipe any opportunity you mention.

Worked for Nexus IS? Contribute to the Community!