NiSource

NiSource Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

NiSource President & CEO Robert C. (Bob) Skaggs, Jr.

Robert C. (Bob) Skaggs, Jr.

Great company

Project Management (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsPeople are friendly and really want to help each other.

ConsBusiness units work in silos.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue creating an environment people like to work at.

Under appreciated

Project Manager (Current Employee) Valparaiso, IN

ProsGreat people to work with. Ability to build a foundation for a positive future.

ConsUpper management has no clue the value of their employees. Work not worth the pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your valuable employees that make the company's wheels turn day in and day out.

Friendly Environment

Engineering (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe hours are great because nobody puts in any work over 40 a week. Fridays are especially care-free. The people are helpful and answer your questions. They do a good job of assigning work to their interns.

ConsHistory of firing a lot of people and then not hiring enough people to make up for the lost work.
    Overall lazy workforce ready to retire.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid assets and good potential for growth but executive management in this division is in disarray.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe compensation and benefits are competitive. Rank and file know their business and good to work with and open to new ideas if presented properly

ConsThe ongoing change in management which is not driven by business growth creates angst and morale issues beyond what could be considered average for a public company of this size

Not a prospering company

Engineering (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood location, easy parking, OK compensation; generally friendly employees. Relatively new office, though very much packed. Somehow stable financial situations for near future.

ConsNot so good corporate culture, as work-life balance is easily broken by sense of insecurity. Corporate lacks respects for individuals. Training programs are like jokes, no good career prospects. If you are young and aspiring, this is not a good place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere may be the merger problem, but it may well be the inertia of a traditional company trying to adapt to the new situations.

Merger problems?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Pay, clear direction from Sr. Management.

ConsLong hours (10-12 hour days often), travel on short notice, lack of consideration for work/life balance (lip service only). Tension between Indiana office and Columbia Gas company (I have the impression there is still some resentment that Columbia was acquired by another company)

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport work life balance, don't just talk about it.

Management needs to understand their workers. Not everyone comes form the same background.

ProsNo micromanagement; gives me more drive to work harder than when someone is always at my nose.

ConsFellow employees can be a bit nosy. Team work involves embracing other's differences, not being stuck up in opinions that arise from not knowing a person well.

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat employee benefits and room for career advancement and growth

Consno cons at the moment

cust. service 34 years

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Pitts, PA

ProsDescent pay. Seady work. Ok benefits

ConsThe worst ethics! Upper management untouchable!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of ethics, HR, and certain upper management. useless!!!

Great Company who values employees!

ProsVery good at encouraging and rewarding the employees. The benefits are great and the employees are friendly! Great clean environment and very safe work place. The company has multipe locations as well and are very giving! The company does a lot of charity work for lots of companies! I love my job! I plan on being here and moving up for a longg time!

ConsThe location that the building is in is very busy so around holidays we get blocked in and the traffic is horrible.

Worked for NiSource? Contribute to the Community!