Niagara Bottling

Andy Peykoff II

Look before you leap

Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

ProsLarge company plenty of learning opportunities a definite resume builder.

ConsHigh high turn around. Good resume builder but no future here if you don't know anyone in upper management. Pay is terrible when recruited was promised more money after 6 month review never happened. They treat employees as assets not people. Promotions are horrible not based on skill set. Company uses any excuse not to give employees more money. They seem to dangle the carrot and you will never get the carrot. Management turn around is high no leadership. Can't believe what any manager promises because it does not happen unless you are part of the "in-crowd". Too many managers not knowing what is going on projects are mismanaged, no management accountability but they sure take it out on staff. There is no intensive for employees to go above and beyond, no year end bonus, merit increases are pennies, things promised my management are not transferable. If you department as lots of management turn around employees get the short end of the stick because new manager doesn't know what old manager agreed to.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep employee expectations. If previous management agreed to pay, training, merit increase. Try to keep employees by giving them incentives to go above and beyond. Increase pay rates for hourly employees.

Great company environment with fast paced work (corporate)

Engineering (Former Employee)

I worked at Niagara Bottling as an intern for less than a year

Pros-easy communication among supervisors/managers etc.
-company environment is fun, active and fast paced
-all the free water and VitaRain you want to drink
-rapidly growing company

Cons-location is terrible, no one likes Ontario
-they are rather well known within the company to under pay you

Advice to Senior Management-better communication across departments

Fast Paced, growing company with a great culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Niagara Bottling as an intern

ProsYoung crowd of people, work hard but play hard culture

ConsJob stability is not the best... multiple managers got fired during the 3 months I interned there

good people/too many management changes

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

Prosgood people, working hard to do the right thing. Good work schedule, lot's of time off. Good location

Cons11 different management people in 12 months. Lot's of extra days needed for coverqage of people that were out or for extraneous meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue, get stabalized makes it hard on the employees with a differnt manager every other month.

Dead end Job!!!!!

Maintenance Team (Former Employee)
Missouri City, TX

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

ProsThe workers there are awesome and laid back. Some of them are very hard working and dedicated.

ConsThe leadership is worried about one thing only and that is their KPI reports. They don't care or respect the workers. To stuck up their own butts to notice the reason for their high turn around rate.

The chance for growth in the company is slim to none. You wont be moving up so if you are looking for a career this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example.......you have to show respect before getting respect.

Run away fast!!!

Production Operator (Former Employee)
Missouri City, TX

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

ProsYou can trust HR to help you with management craziness...

ConsLow Pay, Management doesn't care because you aren't from Stockton, CA, and if you can't speak Spanish then you aren't part of the click.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop looking at color and more about education. You guys don't have a degree, but three of you do and you try to treat those blacks Very Bad!!! Please wake up before this company is gone.

You will be forced to work your days off

Machine Operator (Current Employee)
Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's a job but keep looking you can do better seriously

ConsPay only twice a month the 7th and 22nd, will con you out of your time and a half. Poor young management, none seasonal.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your Supervision

Not a very balanced work environment. Forced overtime and working scheduled days off.

Production Supervisor (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

ProsGood intensions for employee programs. Good bennifits.

ConsUnrealistic expectations of work load. Niagara has a regular practice of requiring overtime by scheduling employees on their days off. Interdepartmental infighting and the blame game takes priority over resolving problems. Push the problem down to the lowest level and then track these people out of the organization is status quo.

Advice to Senior ManagementDefine the culture you want to exemplify throughout the organization and enforce it through all levels. Don’t pretend to value the workforce if the employees are going to be treated like a necessary evil.

Good job, lousy pay and management! Corporate Greed!

Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people(hourly employees), good learning experience. An awesome résumé builder. Fast paced environment and interesting process. Phenomenal safety awards. Involved with the community.

ConsManagement too busy e-mailing to see what is really going on. The ones who work the hardest get paid the least. Teamwork is minimal at best. Everyone's too busy pointing fingers than to address the issues. Very non-inspiring management skills plant wide. Not enough incentive to learn and grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, PLEASE get out of your office and conference rooms and out onto the floor, you may really be surprised at what you see. People are a lot different while sitting on the other side of your desk as compared to being under pressure in a working environment! Things are not always as they appear, OPEN YOUR EYES!!! Give more opportunities to employees from within.

ERP Analyst

Oracle ERP Analyst (Current Employee)
Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time

ProsOne haswork for more than 60 hours of a week.

ConsNot the better class when pay is concerned. Middle mgt of the ERP Team is not much efficient and has lot of ego and attitude problem.

Worked for Niagara Bottling? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Niagara Bottling reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Niagara Bottling CEO Andy Peykoff II . All 30 reviews posted anonymously by Niagara Bottling employees.