Niagara Bottling

Updated August 16, 2014
2.7

Andy Peykoff II

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Awesome Company! Fast-Paced, Competitive & Courageous!

Current Employee - Quality Manager  in  Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Manager in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

Pros

The rate of growth creates opportunities everywhere to advance your career. The company invests in the latest & greatest technologies, and is kicking butt. Upper management have all earned my respect, and I'm excited to follow their lead as the company continues to grow. I look forward to hearing Mr. P speak during the annual updates and am proud to contribute to what he started over 50yrs ago. Happy to be on Team Niagara!

Cons

While the company is improving in this area, there is so much growth that it's hard to put effective structure in place for some things that really need them. It's a fast-paced and "get it done" environment that not everyone is successful in. It can be a bit competitive, but I think that just the right amount of that can be a good thing. Not a good fit for people who aren't willing to work long hours or might have come from a previous employer that had a more generous work/life balance culture. It is a "young" company, full of people dedicated to their job and willing to put a lot of hours in.

Stay courageous and continue the family-based culture that we have today. It'd be cool if we could bring our dogs to work too...and wear shorts on Fridays.

Overworked

Current Employee - Manager  in  Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast paced environment with plenty of responsibilities to gain. Compensation tends to be on the lower end of the market. Poor onboarding and training process for associates.

Cons

Work life balance is terrible. Staffing, or the lack thereof, is also equally as bad. If things go wrong, instead of standing up and taking leadership managers at Niagara tend to roll the ball of blame down the hill.

Start hiring more folks!

An Grueling Race for Undeserved Recognition

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is growing, so there is always work to be done; job security they'll say. The competitive work environment will keep you on your toes.

Cons

All middle and upper-management is out for themselves in the corporate office and only concerned with moving up. Management often times does not know what they're doing. The executive level is very intelligent, but there seems to be a black hole in middle and upper management. Necessary information is unlikely to be funneled up to the executive level unless it can advance a middle/upper manager who will inevitably take all the credit.

There is a very fine line for work/life management. As soon as you get a company phone they will not hesitate to call you at any time for things that are not urgent.

Good managers take ownership for their team's mistakes, and give credit to their team members for achievements. Niagara seems to do the opposite. If you made a mistake it's entirely your fault and you'll hear about it. If you've achieved something that shows off the team you better believe your manager will tkae sole credit for it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High tech equipment, hard working hourly personnel and terrible management.

Former Employee - Management  in  Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Ontario, CA

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay is reasonable and technology employed is typically state of the art.

Cons

Poor work/life balance, ridiculous schedules, biased, prejudiced and manipulative management who are willing to do anything to achieve their annual bonus; whether it's discriminating against hard working employees or cheating regulatory guidelines, it's all fair game. All childish games all the time. If you're into this kind behavior, you'll fit in well. If not, experience will be very frustrating.

Grow up and cease the unprofessional behavior!!!

Steer Clear!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

Pros

A paycheck if you are really desperate but it really is a spy environment/company that only tries to find others to blame rather than owning up their own problems and bad decision-making.

Cons

I have worked at this company for over a year and it was the worst move I ever made. Don’t be fooled be the ‘work hard, play hard, family-friendly’ culture BS – that only exists in the one-way street figment of their imagination…er, the spoiled brat cheapie Andy’s iron-fist rule. They low-ball on their offers, only get what they pay for, and not-so-secretly wish that the employees were as enchained and inexpensive as their fancy equipment and machinery. As others have said, steer clear unless you are eating sand and drinking air….unless you are OK with trading pay and benefits for free water.

Clean house and flush Andy and his few cronies out - go public so there may at least be some level of transparency.

Fast growing company with great learning opportunity, but poor work life balance

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst  in  Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots to learn, fast pace and fast growing company, great people to work with. Some department have flexible hours or work from home option

Cons

Pay is under market standard. Poor benefit package. Very poor work life balance. MBA degree is over rated in this company. Can't keep talented people for more than 2 years.

Get ready to hit the ground running.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office culture here is amazing and the people are as well. This is a fast paced company who look for the best. They look for active people who are ready to excel and advance in their careers. This is not the place for those who are content to just sit around at their desks all day. The opportunities are there for those who want them.

Cons

There's a lack of communication between upper management and their teams, but that's to be somewhat expected.

Take the time to sit down with your employees to discuss projects and career advancement.

recommend this company to a friend

Current Employee - Post Doc  in  Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Post Doc in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like the challenges that we face and they way that they get fixed.

Cons

The is a parking space limit

I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Mildly challenging, educational, but not entirely satisfying.

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Traveling across the country and meeting so many new people

Cons

Sometimes the travel, and the difficulty of working with a rapidly growing company

Pay more attention to your employee contributions and learn to stop trying to drink from a firehose

Great learning Experience with little future in long run

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

Pros

Past paced culture .. great learning place and resume builder . You would be handling lot of responsibilities at early stage of career and scope for taking initiatives

Cons

Very high turn over .. not long term career path .. need to know upper management very well for career advancement .. can be very stressful at time .. skewed work life balance

Develop career path and take time to develop internal employees instead of outside hiring

Worked for Niagara Bottling? Contribute to the Community!