Niagara Bottling Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Andy Peykoff II

Pros
  • This is a fast paced company who look for the best (in 7 reviews)

• Lots to learn, fast pace and fast growing company, great people to work with (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance whatsoever (in 9 reviews)

• Good resume builder but no future here if you don't know anyone in upper management (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Work Hard / Play Hard Culture, Challenging But Rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Niagara is a fast paced company that moves quickly and is growing at a rapid pace (30+% a year for the past decade.) There are lots of opportunities for internal promotions and professional development. Managers expect a lot out of their employees. The company is 100% family owned and the owners are still involved in the business and there is a family culture, even though the business has grown dramatically. There are lots of training opportunities and rotational programs for employee development.

Cons

- The corporate office is crowded, with parking becoming a big problem. - Benefits could be better - The culture is not for everyone. People coming from larger companies tend to have a hard time adapting to the pace. - Many departments are under staffed leading to resource constraints

Niagara Bottling Response

Mar 30, 2015

Really fair assessment. Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective and while growth is excellent, it does come with some growing pains, as exampled by some of your cons.

2. Bottling Intern

I worked at Niagara Bottling part-time

Pros

They have a great benefits package that include medical, vision, and dental plans. 401k retirement plans and several programs that will aid you in personal and work life if you need it.

Cons

It is a very fast working and fast paced working environment. And if you don't like to work in teams and you are a solo working this may not be for you!

Advice to Management

Get in touch with hiring process and make it faster to employ good workers because some great candidates receive other offers that can make a negative on Niagara.

3. Great opportunities and culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling (More than a year)

Pros

Niagara provides challenges and opportunities for all those who seek them out. Work hard but play hard. Great team environment!

Cons

So much change which is very exciting for many but sometimes being able to communicate everything with all can be challenging

Advice to Management

Continue to remain transparent and honest and share what is going on within the organization and allow employees to lend their ideas and support

Strategic planning team member review

Current Employee - Planner in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Planner in Ontario, CA

Pros

Growing company, free water, excellent sales and manufacturing leadership

Cons

Process challenges across the board at the corporate office. Most of the roles are always filled by fresh recruits due to high turnover and they do not get the time to learn. Parking issues add 20 minutes to commute.

Advice to Management

Review strategic planning management team strength. The team is struggling compared to previous year due to lack of solid strategic plan, process and discipline. We lost many good people due to lack of management vision, pay and have not been able to fill the gaps as well as we had in the past.

Don't do it

Current Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Hamburg, PA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Hamburg, PA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There's not really too many pros. I guess $1 per case water sales once a month and their location is fairly close to my house.

Cons

Everything is over complicated and must be done on an impossible to follow web domain. Even a copy of an old pay stub isn't just a matter of stopping into the office any more. But it's like that on the floor too. For every time you turn a wrench for 20 minutes you have an hour of paperwork and web blogging that needs to follow it. Over complication of the simplest things.

Advice to Management

K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) Not everyone has a degree in computer programming. When hiring a secretary, hire a secretary. Don't hire a mechanic and try to turn them into a secretary and a parts room clerk. Also, the pay is far less than anyone else in the field.

7. Great Company

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time

Pros

Work Life Balance Teamwork Challenging

Cons

I cannot think of any

Control Center Operator

Current Employee - Control Center Operator in Kenosha, WI
    Current Employee - Control Center Operator in Kenosha, WI

I have been working at Niagara Bottling (More than a year)

Pros

It's a different challenge everyday.

Cons

We are still under staffed and requires a lot of overtime.

Continuous Improvement Manager

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company treated me well.

Cons

The last Plant Director they hired for the Phoenix plant let me go without a reason. I reduced costs by 1.2 million and elevated the plant to the second lowest cost per case and made it possible to justify adding a third line. I developed the documentation and job aids for all processes and procedures. This became the standard for the company. I handled all training and Six Sigma. The company allowed him to let me go. The previous Plant Director rated my performance as exceeds expectations. Since I was at will employment, he did not need a reason but after four years and what I did for the company I deserved some consideration, at least a notice as to what I needed to do to improve.

10. Industrial maintenance mechanic

Current Employee - Acrylic Fabrication in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Acrylic Fabrication in Allentown, PA

Pros

my brother works there his name is David Parrish he is a happy employee. I know he has every other weekend off. I would like this.

Cons

I do not know any reason I would not want to work there.

Leadership Development Program

Current Employee - Leadership Development Program in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Leadership Development Program in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Leadership Development Program provides a well rounded outlook of different job functions in Niagara and gives a great insight to the bottling industry as a whole. As an LDP, I have been given a unique opportunity to see the company from many different perspectives. The best part is, this program is not just a shadowing type of program. I have worn many different hats and been given real responsibilities in each role! This type of experience is invaluable and I believe has set me up well for my next, full-time role in the company.

Cons

Depending on the timing of your current LDP rotation, you may be in one spot longer or shorter than you hoped for or expected due to the needs of the department you are working for. This is a double edge sword though. On one hand you may feel like you missed out on some of one experience but on the other hand, you will feel more accomplished and knowledgeable in another.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to push to expand the program out so that more plants are familiar with the program and can further help develop LDP's.

Niagara Bottling Response

Jul 30, 2015

Thank you for the feedback. The LDP rotations are like you said somewhat of a double-edged sword. We appreciate your insight and as we look to expand this valuable program, rest assured your advice ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed