Niagara Bottling

Updated February 11, 2015
Updated February 11, 2015
2.8

Andy Peykoff II

Pros
  • This is a fast paced company who look for the best (in 7 reviews)

• Lots to learn, fast pace and fast growing company, great people to work with (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance whatsoever (in 9 reviews)

• Good resume builder but no future here if you don't know anyone in upper management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Promises promises

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Water sale, fresh fruit and most of the staff were ok.

Cons

Well where to begin there are so many, first and foremost compensation is lacking most salaries do not meet local or national standards. If you don't come in at a high salary your future increases will be disappointing since increase is based on a percentage of your current salary. When coming on board recruiting made big promises to get you in giving the impression that within first year you will get at least 2 more pay increases. HR loves to use the lateral move to get out of pay increases despite job duties being second tier skill set. Lots of staff get the carrot dangled in front of them. It's a shame it could be a great place to work if the politics nepotism and the owners treating staff as their personal staff would go away. Pointing fingers has to stop and leaders need to take accountability. Give staff money there are no year end nothing no bonuses for non-executive staff. It disheartening for staff to see exec in new cars new hand bags like people don't notice. What upper management and owners forget if it wasn't for the fact people need a job and will tolerate most anything because they have families not because they love their jobs. Just look at the track record high turn around inability to attract new staff speaks volumes it's too bad Niagara is deaf.

Clean house too many managers and executives. If a team bombs you get rid of the coach.

resume builder, but painful

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time

Pros

you get work experience and training to put on your resume for your job applications to get you out of here. i got a significant raise (compensation, benefits and work culture) when i got another offer.

Cons

1. house of unnecessary secrecy: upper management withholds information from subordinates so they never understand why they are working their lives away.
    2. when things go wrong, many people's first reactions is to find a place to point the finger of blame. expect to spend a significant portion of your time explaining yourself to upper management even when you're doing everything perfectly right.
    3. low pay, low benefits, low vertical mobility unless you're in "the club" or network your way into "the club"
    4. pay was exceptionally low for a position on which i could be contacted any time after hours to work.

stop promising raises and promotions when you don't intend to give it out. it's better not to offer it than to dangle it and not give it to us.

One Big Scam

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very few come to mind. I suppose the discounted water could be considered a perk. How about some real live incentives and access to growth and financial gains to keep people engaged and feeling like a part of the process?

Cons

A top-heavy and very unprofessional company packed with liars and back-stabbers, particularly in management and HR. Most everyone else is either inexperienced (or naively thinking they can get ahead here) and trying to learn on the job under excessive workloads and pressure with little work-life balance.

Try out some honesty and integrity opposed to the typically backwards and uneven/under-handed approaches to problem-solving. Take some responsibility for your trial and error failures instead of blaming other, oftentimes powerless and uninvolved employees. We understand you want to quietly rule the bottling world as a private company but your methods are crooked and your reputation is clearly sinking.

Toxic HR culture

Former Employee - Business Development in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in Ontario, CA

I worked at Niagara Bottling

Pros

I have nothing positive to say about them

Cons

On paper, their HR conflict resolution system is quite robust - if you have a problem with someone else, you're supposed to confront them about it, then bring a manager into the discussion, then report the problem to HR only if you are not able to resolve the issue through lesser means. In practice, everyone emails HR immediately, and the only way you find out if someone has a problem with you is through office gossip or HR calls you in for a talk.

It's a hot mess you NEED to stay away from!!

I worked at Niagara Bottling

Pros

You get to work on a diverse number of projects. It'll work for a temporary job.

Cons

Extremely low pay for the number of things you do. There are no set policies in place. Tasks even policies change on a day to day basis. Management is the higher paid and better recognized when the little guy is the one carrying all the heavy weight. Standard e learning that no one has the time to complete because you are always extremely busy. Not a solid training program you just get thrown into the job. Always have and even today you will. No work/life balance whatsoever!

Read the reviews here and then decide whether to join this company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was hired with no background. In this industry and was given a chance based on my education.

Cons

I worked here for nearly 2 years, put in a lot of hard work, covered for people during their absence, was very fast and efficient at my job and completed my everyday duties in much less time than my co workers and still had time to pick up their slack at times. I was rewarded for all this hard work and dedication when there came the one and only opportunity for advancement during my two years here and I was passed on. My job, with a higher pay and advanced title, was essentially given to someone else with no background in QA who had been with the company less than a year. My hard work meant nothing when it came time for advancement it all hinged on the formalities of an interview, we now have new people in management who can not effectively communicate with their peers and seem to deliberately go out of their way to be rude and dismissive since they were promoted. What great people you promoted!

Actually think before you promote those who seemingly deserve it and hose the best candidate who will raise their peers up instead of tearing them down.

Worst Experience

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Niagara Bottling as a contractor

Pros

Things to learn as there is growth

Cons

Long term jobs, but as a slave .
    I joined this company and worked only for 1 week . I can easily figure out that there is a discrimination and the manager is trying to scary me out to get the job done . After 10 years of my experience, i feel that i made a terrible mistake joining this company .

Please respect the employees or contractors and provide them support so that they will be happy to work

Constantly running in circles chasing yourself with no management support

I worked at Niagara Bottling

Pros

There are very many hard working people that continously drive for results. The associates work hard as a team and encourage one another. Team members always ask what can I do to help.

Cons

The management team is constantly turning over and really does not have a clue at times of what's going on. Management does a very good job pointing the finger at everyone else but lacks the talent to lead by example because they are clueless. The merit program is a joke and they have given their employees 1% raises when they make great profit off of a case of water. The management team is unethical and needs to learn how to manage better. Nothing is consistent in the company. One month you do one way then it changes again but you end up going back to way things were done months ago. Consistency drives better results which leads to less turnover and a higher bottom line. Guess a bunch of people were sleeping when they took that economics class.

My advice to senior management is this: you are growing to fast to keep up with the demand of your business. Therefore you can't obtain enough and the right talent to run your business. Since your management is very unethical you need to question this: do you want to keep these people running your business when they don't know what there doing or would you rather pay out lawsuits due to them being unethical. It's up to you to make the change.

A Hot Mess

Former Employee - Production Operator in Missouri City, TX
    Former Employee - Production Operator in Missouri City, TX

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Learning about the beverage industry, different bottled products. Multi-tasking duties as a production operator.

Cons

When not supporting their staff in advancing his or her education. Company wants the staff to be brownnoser's at their beck and call. Not having a sense of organization for new lines of production.

Support your production and warehouse staff enable have a better company, without these indivduals Niagara would not be successful now. Don't play any cat and mouse games with your staff.

Run away...don't look back.

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good, caring people on the production floor. State of the art equipment with the latest technology. Good place to get experience in the bottling business.

Cons

Young, inexperienced management. Management lacks ethics and professionalism. No work-life balance. Company experiencing severe growing pains. Very high employee turnover company wide. Constant danger of termination for errors. Benefits mediocre at best.

Regain control of your company before growing more. Focus on correcting the root cause of employee turnover before losing this company completely. Employee error is a failure of management.