Niagara Bottling Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Andy Peykoff II

Pros
  • This is a fast paced company who look for the best (in 7 reviews)

• Lots to learn, fast pace and fast growing company, great people to work with (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance whatsoever (in 9 reviews)

• Good resume builder but no future here if you don't know anyone in upper management (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Work Hard / Play Hard Culture, Challenging But Rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Niagara is a fast paced company that moves quickly and is growing at a rapid pace (30+% a year for the past decade.) There are lots of opportunities for internal promotions and professional development. Managers expect a lot out of their employees. The company is 100% family owned and the owners are still involved in the business and there is a family culture, even though the business has grown dramatically. There are lots of training opportunities and rotational programs for employee development.

Cons

- The corporate office is crowded, with parking becoming a big problem. - Benefits could be better - The culture is not for everyone. People coming from larger companies tend to have a hard time adapting to the pace. - Many departments are under staffed leading to resource constraints

Niagara Bottling Response

Mar 30, 2015

Really fair assessment. Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective and while growth is excellent, it does come with some growing pains, as exampled by some of your cons.

They are a Badly managed company

Former Employee - DC Manager in Mooresville, NC
    Former Employee - DC Manager in Mooresville, NC

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are a Stable company and growing

Cons

Poor management and growing to fast for them to keep up. Unethical in how they treat their employees.

Advice to Management

Young company in upper management.

3. ERP Analyst

Current Employee - Oracle ERP Analyst in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Oracle ERP Analyst in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time

Pros

One haswork for more than 60 hours of a week.

Cons

Not the better class when pay is concerned. Middle mgt of the ERP Team is not much efficient and has lot of ego and attitude problem.

5. You will be forced to work your days off

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Mooresville, NC
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job but keep looking you can do better seriously

Cons

Pay only twice a month the 7th and 22nd, will con you out of your time and a half. Poor young management, none seasonal.

Advice to Management

Develop your Supervision

Run away fast!!!

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can trust HR to help you with management craziness...

Cons

Low Pay, Management doesn't care because you aren't from Stockton, CA, and if you can't speak Spanish then you aren't part of the click.

Advice to Management

Stop looking at color and more about education. You guys don't have a degree, but three of you do and you try to treat those blacks Very Bad!!! Please wake up before this company is gone.

Dead end Job!!!!!

Former Employee - Maintenance Team in Missouri City, TX
    Former Employee - Maintenance Team in Missouri City, TX

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The workers there are awesome and laid back. Some of them are very hard working and dedicated.

Cons

The leadership is worried about one thing only and that is their KPI reports. They don't care or respect the workers. To stuck up their own butts to notice the reason for their high turn around rate. The chance for growth in the company is slim to none. You wont be moving up so if you are looking for a career this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Lead by example.......you have to show respect before getting respect.

Run away...don't look back.

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good, caring people on the production floor. State of the art equipment with the latest technology. Good place to get experience in the bottling business.

Cons

Young, inexperienced management. Management lacks ethics and professionalism. No work-life balance. Company experiencing severe growing pains. Very high employee turnover company wide. Constant danger of termination for errors. Benefits mediocre at best.

Advice to Management

Regain control of your company before growing more. Focus on correcting the root cause of employee turnover before losing this company completely. Employee error is a failure of management.

9. A Hot Mess

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learning about the beverage industry, different bottled products. Multi-tasking duties as a production operator.

Cons

When not supporting their staff in advancing his or her education. Company wants the staff to be brownnoser's at their beck and call. Not having a sense of organization for new lines of production.

Advice to Management

Support your production and warehouse staff enable have a better company, without these indivduals Niagara would not be successful now. Don't play any cat and mouse games with your staff.

Constantly running in circles chasing yourself with no management support

I worked at Niagara Bottling

Pros

There are very many hard working people that continously drive for results. The associates work hard as a team and encourage one another. Team members always ask what can I do to help.

Cons

The management team is constantly turning over and really does not have a clue at times of what's going on. Management does a very good job pointing the finger at everyone else but lacks the talent to lead by example because they are clueless. The merit program is a joke and they have given their employees 1% raises when they make great profit off of a case of water. The management team is unethical and needs to learn how to manage better. Nothing is consistent in the company. One month you do one way then it changes again but you end up going back to way things were done months ago. Consistency drives better results which leads to less turnover and a higher bottom line. Guess a bunch of people were sleeping when they took that economics class.

Advice to Management

My advice to senior management is this: you are growing to fast to keep up with the demand of your business. Therefore you can't obtain enough and the right talent to run your business. Since your management is very unethical you need to question this: do you want to keep these people running your business when they don't know what there doing or would you rather pay out lawsuits due to them being unethical. It's up to you to make the change.

Read the reviews here and then decide whether to join this company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was hired with no background. In this industry and was given a chance based on my education.

Cons

I worked here for nearly 2 years, put in a lot of hard work, covered for people during their absence, was very fast and efficient at my job and completed my everyday duties in much less time than my co workers and still had time to pick up their slack at times. I was rewarded for all this hard work and dedication when there came the one and only opportunity for advancement during my two years here and I was passed on. My job, with a higher pay and advanced title, was essentially given to someone else with no background in QA who had been with the company less than a year. My hard work meant nothing when it came time for advancement it all hinged on the formalities of an interview, we now have new people in management who can not effectively communicate with their peers and seem to deliberately go out of their way to be rude and dismissive since they were promoted. What great people you promoted!

Advice to Management

Actually think before you promote those who seemingly deserve it and hose the best candidate who will raise their peers up instead of tearing them down.

RSS Feed </> Embed