Niagara Bottling Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Andy Peykoff II

Pros
  • This is a fast paced company who look for the best (in 7 reviews)

• Lots to learn, fast pace and fast growing company, great people to work with (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance whatsoever (in 9 reviews)

• Good resume builder but no future here if you don't know anyone in upper management (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Work Hard / Play Hard Culture, Challenging But Rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Niagara is a fast paced company that moves quickly and is growing at a rapid pace (30+% a year for the past decade.) There are lots of opportunities for internal promotions and professional development. Managers expect a lot out of their employees. The company is 100% family owned and the owners are still involved in the business and there is a family culture, even though the business has grown dramatically. There are lots of training opportunities and rotational programs for employee development.

Cons

- The corporate office is crowded, with parking becoming a big problem.
    - Benefits could be better
    - The culture is not for everyone. People coming from larger companies tend to have a hard time adapting to the pace.
    - Many departments are under staffed leading to resource constraints

Mar 30, 2015

Really fair assessment. Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective and while growth is excellent, it does come with some growing pains, as exampled by some of your cons.

Good to start but keep not much hopes

Current Employee - IT Department in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - IT Department in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management gives you enough opportunity to different areas, you have to speak up if you want to learn different technologies.
    Nationally expanding and adopting to cutting edge technology.
    Salaries are below average market pay

Cons

Expansion of company is giving political culture
    No bonus culture
    You have to be in management's good books to get good performance rating, opportunities and growth, only performance is not enough
    Pay is not competitive

Advice to Management

Come up with good performance management system, most of the expanding companies faces this issue
    Focus on corporate infrastructures issue is becoming urgent now

3. Needs significant improvements

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job that pays on time and have insurance.

Cons

Few team members gave fair assessment in their reviews. Hard work and dedication is not a payoff definitely for everyone. Managers have favorites in the teams and they do everything for their favorites irrespective of others hard work, willingness to do better job for the company. Work environment is not being changed even after reporting these issues repeatedly.

Advice to Management

None, unless they want to improve. Look into the feedback provided by employees through various forums.

5. Only if your desperate!

Former Employee - Shift Mechanic in West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - Shift Mechanic in West Valley City, UT

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job and you get paid, you also get benefits.

Cons

Work days off, perform operator duties along with janitorial work. Nothing wrong with that kind of work unless your a seasoned mechanic, very unprofessional to use a skilled laborer that way.

Advice to Management

Nothing! They will do what they want.

Jun 24, 2015

We genuinely appreciate you taking time to let us know how your experience was at Niagara Bottling. We always strive for employer excellence across all our locations and your feedback is valuable at ... More

Way Overrated as of late!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Niagara Bottling

Pros

It's a job that offers insurance.

Cons

Totally understaffed, work most of your days off. They say it's family oriented but the ONLY family benefitting is the Peykoffs. Don't believe all these reviews lately about how great management is and how you'll move up in the company, unless you "know" someone it's pretty much a dead end job. They pile on the responsibility without adequate training then condemn you for a mistake.

Advice to Management

Stop the greed, if you were to offer profit sharing or cash bonuses as reward for individual performance, and maybe be a little more competitive when it comes to wages in the industry, then maybe that would get you in front of the bottler you are chasing. It all boils down to the ones in the trenches... That's who's making the money for you. Take care of your people and in turn they Will take care of you. But who am I kidding? Nothing will ever change!

Jun 24, 2015

Thank you for taking a few minutes to share your experiences and points of view. We will have to agree to disagree though. There are literally hundreds of success stories of Niagara Bottling team ... More

7. Great

I have been working at Niagara Bottling

Pros

Niagara is a great company to work for. It has a very family oriented culture. Upper management sees the value of their employees/team.

Cons

Niagara is growing at such a rapid rate, that parking can be hard to find. But the growth of Niagara is really a pro instead of a con.

Jun 24, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Rest assured the parking at corporate is important to many of us and short and long term solutions are being implemented.

Fast-paced environment with steep learning curve

Former Employee - Corporate - Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate - Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Niagara Bottling (Less than a year)

Pros

1) Steep learning curve, no shortage of projects to choose from. If you're a doer, this is the place that will let you do a lot very quickly.
    2) Great if you are entry-level and trying to build experience. Lots of learning opportunities - by this I mean the variety of projects, not the training. There is no training here.
    3) Energetic environment. Never a boring day.
    4) All you can drink water, vita-rain, coffee, tea.
    5) Fast growing. Job stability.
    6) Cool people when you don't have any conflict of interest with them (see "Politics" in the cons)

Cons

1) Selective meritocracy. What other reviews say about needing to be in the "inner circle" for career progression is true. If your manager isn't in the inner circle either, you'll never advance.
    2) Unequal opportunity. If you are a white male, you're going to have a significantly easier time here with career advancement.
    3) Stinginess. The company gets an increase in profit this year. You work your tail off, bring good results, your superiors give you an outstanding performance review. And then rewards you with a 3% raise, no bonus, no promotion, and expects you to work hard another year? NOPE, I don't have time for that
    4) Politics. Paranoid managers pushing their own agenda, hiding information from other departments, selectively sharing information only to other managers who help push their agenda... at the expense of transparency and what's best for the company. Come on people, this is a family business, not House of Cards

Advice to Management

1) Enforce an equal opportunity meritocratic system. Your turnover is terrible because there's no logic behind how you promote.
    2) But for raises, don't be equal. For good people, reward them better than 3%. 3% is not a merit raise. It is an inflation raise.
    3) Don't boast about your profit and thank your employees verbally, then give no year end bonuses. It's not a good look.
    4) Having an inner circle and a non-meritocratic system creates company politics.
    5) Encourage transparency and information sharing among managers. It's incredibly frustrating how they try to hide as much info from each other as possible when cross-departmental sharing can only be good for the company. What's the point in investing so much in data analytics if every department hogs their own data?

Jun 24, 2015

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We continue to look for our opportunities to improve and having feedback like this is important in that process. Seeing where we are doing great is always nice ... More

9. Awesome Company

Current Employee - Continuous Improvement Analyst
    Current Employee - Continuous Improvement Analyst

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time

Pros

You have access to all the VPs and managers and can expand your network easily. You can also take the advancement steps much quicker than any other company.

Cons

to structure training! no training at all for that matter.

Quality Assurance

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time

Pros

The pay is okay. You do get annual raises but they are not particularly based on individual performance. The raises are based more on the plants over all performance.

Cons

Upper management basically runs things with out regarding what is truly best. The is little opportunity to move up unless you are well liked by the people in charge.

Advice to Management

Take into consideration what the opinion of the employees are. People should get to move up based on merit rather than popularity. Also, for a company that focuses on being healthy and the community around the plants, it could do a better job at recycling because each plant generates an insane amount of waste that can be recycled.

Notice How Many Positive Reviews Recently

Current Employee - Production Operator in Mooresville, NC
    Current Employee - Production Operator in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have a job.......
    I have health insurance (very expensive)
    I work with a few really great people

Cons

Do not believe false ratings about this company. Look back in earlier reviews if you want to know how people really feel about working at Niagara. Most of the recent reviews that Niagara is now commenting on are coming out of California where the corporate office is located. Imagine that! Trying to get their company ratings up maybe?

Advice to Management

I have seen good people get passed over for jobs and given to management favorites. This is no way to treat your employees and make them want to stay with this company. To reduce turnover this company needs to be ran with more integrity and less like a popularity contest.

Jun 24, 2015

Appreciate you taking a few minutes to let us know you outlook and point of view. We, like many high growth companies, value our people and their perceptions. Unfortunately, there is no perfect ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed