Niagara Bottling

Updated January 24, 2015
Updated January 24, 2015
2.7

Andy Peykoff II

Pros
  • This is a fast paced company who look for the best (in 7 reviews)

• Lots to learn, fast pace and fast growing company, great people to work with (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance whatsoever (in 9 reviews)

• Good resume builder but no future here if you don't know anyone in upper management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

It's a hot mess you NEED to stay away from!!

I worked at Niagara Bottling

Pros

You get to work on a diverse number of projects. It'll work for a temporary job.

Cons

Extremely low pay for the number of things you do. There are no set policies in place. Tasks even policies change on a day to day basis. Management is the higher paid and better recognized when the little guy is the one carrying all the heavy weight. Standard e learning that no one has the time to complete because you are always extremely busy. Not a solid training program you just get thrown into the job. Always have and even today you will. No work/life balance whatsoever!

Terrible

Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Niagara Bottling as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Free bottled water every thursday

Cons

People walk around defeated and depressed. Sucks the life right out of you.

incentivise employees

Amazing People

I worked at Niagara Bottling

Pros

Loved working at Niagara Bottling.

Cons

Pay could have been better.

Read the reviews here and then decide whether to join this company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was hired with no background. In this industry and was given a chance based on my education.

Cons

I worked here for nearly 2 years, put in a lot of hard work, covered for people during their absence, was very fast and efficient at my job and completed my everyday duties in much less time than my co workers and still had time to pick up their slack at times. I was rewarded for all this hard work and dedication when there came the one and only opportunity for advancement during my two years here and I was passed on. My job, with a higher pay and advanced title, was essentially given to someone else with no background in QA who had been with the company less than a year. My hard work meant nothing when it came time for advancement it all hinged on the formalities of an interview, we now have new people in management who can not effectively communicate with their peers and seem to deliberately go out of their way to be rude and dismissive since they were promoted. What great people you promoted!

Actually think before you promote those who seemingly deserve it and hose the best candidate who will raise their peers up instead of tearing them down.

No career path

Current Employee - Replenishment Analyst in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Replenishment Analyst in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment in largest private label bottling company of the country. Quick learning curve in the initial months of employment.

Cons

Career progression poor. HR has less to no respect towards employees well-being. Very beaurocratic. Managers dont have career progression on employess in mind.

Awesome Company! Fast-Paced, Competitive & Courageous!

Current Employee - Quality Manager in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Manager in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The rate of growth creates opportunities everywhere to advance your career. The company invests in the latest & greatest technologies, and is kicking butt. Upper management have all earned my respect, and I'm excited to follow their lead as the company continues to grow. I look forward to hearing Mr. P speak during the annual updates and am proud to contribute to what he started over 50yrs ago. Happy to be on Team Niagara!

Cons

While the company is improving in this area, there is so much growth that it's hard to put effective structure in place for some things that really need them. It's a fast-paced and "get it done" environment that not everyone is successful in. It can be a bit competitive, but I think that just the right amount of that can be a good thing. Not a good fit for people who aren't willing to work long hours or might have come from a previous employer that had a more generous work/life balance culture. It is a "young" company, full of people dedicated to their job and willing to put a lot of hours in.

Stay courageous and continue the family-based culture that we have today. It'd be cool if we could bring our dogs to work too...and wear shorts on Fridays.

Company Review

I have been working at Niagara Bottling

Pros

self-improve, fast growth, flexible working hours, most young people.

Cons

long working hour, working pressure, need to improve process.

Overworked

Current Employee - Manager in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced environment with plenty of responsibilities to gain. Compensation tends to be on the lower end of the market. Poor onboarding and training process for associates.

Cons

Work life balance is terrible. Staffing, or the lack thereof, is also equally as bad. If things go wrong, instead of standing up and taking leadership managers at Niagara tend to roll the ball of blame down the hill.

Start hiring more folks!

There are good and bad aspects to working at Niagara.

Current Employee - QA Associate in Mooresville, NC
    Current Employee - QA Associate in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (more than a year)

Pros

What I like about Niagara is that the company is always providing employees with small incentives, such as gift cards & dinners. They also try to foster a work family environment and enjoys creating friendly competition. The pay is not the worst but should be higher.

Cons

Some challenges of working at Niagara is the inability to retain employees. They work the employees that are staying too much. The schedule is 2-2-3 12 hr shifts and too cover the lack there is mandatory overtime on days off. Many work 6-7 12 hr days. and if someone is late or calls in they are given points. These points do not roll off for a year.
    The other problem is the miscommunication of management. It seems they often do not know what they are doing one hour to the next.
    Warehouse system is constantly going down & tracking product is difficult

Listen to veterans of industry. Implement a different hiring practice and attendance policy. Investigate and determine causes of high employee turnover

It's an ok place.

I worked at Niagara Bottling

Pros

Unlimited hours
    OK benefits
    Cool coworkers
    You get a water sale twice a month.. just depends on the dates

Cons

Horrible bosses

The biggest caveat.. your time card. They'll screw you out of your OT