Niagara Bottling

www.niagarawater.com
Profile Unclaimed

There are good and bad aspects to working at Niagara.

Current Employee - QA Associate in Mooresville, NC
    Current Employee - QA Associate in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (more than a year)

Pros

What I like about Niagara is that the company is always providing employees with small incentives, such as gift cards & dinners. They also try to foster a work family environment and enjoys creating friendly competition. The pay is not the worst but should be higher.

Cons

Some challenges of working at Niagara is the inability to retain employees. They work the employees that are staying too much. The schedule is 2-2-3 12 hr shifts and too cover the lack there is mandatory overtime on days off. Many work 6-7 12 hr days. and if someone is late or calls in they are given points. These points do not roll off for a year.
    The other problem is the miscommunication of management. It seems they often do not know what they are doing one hour to the next.
    Warehouse system is constantly going down & tracking product is difficult

Listen to veterans of industry. Implement a different hiring practice and attendance policy. Investigate and determine causes of high employee turnover

It's an ok place.

I worked at Niagara Bottling

Pros

Unlimited hours
    OK benefits
    Cool coworkers
    You get a water sale twice a month.. just depends on the dates

Cons

Horrible bosses

The biggest caveat.. your time card. They'll screw you out of your OT

Worst Experience

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Niagara Bottling as a contractor

Pros

Things to learn as there is growth

Cons

Long term jobs, but as a slave .
    I joined this company and worked only for 1 week . I can easily figure out that there is a discrimination and the manager is trying to scary me out to get the job done . After 10 years of my experience, i feel that i made a terrible mistake joining this company .

Please respect the employees or contractors and provide them support so that they will be happy to work

Good company to work for when you're early in your career

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time

Pros

Great resume builder; there's opportunity to get involved with a lot of projects and often lead projects, even when you're still early in your career; Niagara is a fast growing company that definitely leads the industry in technology, so if you're in engineering or manufacturing, it's a great company to work for to get exposure to cutting edge technology; The company is providing a lot of training to their employees

Cons

The leadership is young, and often growing into their role; The company runs lean, so it's not uncommon to work longer hours to get the work done; Due to the fast growing nature, there isn't a lot of structure which can be good or bad, depending on your personality

Continue focusing on leading the industry but focus more on training and have better incentives for managers to really lead their people

An Grueling Race for Undeserved Recognition

Current Employee - Engineer in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is growing, so there is always work to be done; job security they'll say. The competitive work environment will keep you on your toes.

Cons

All middle and upper-management is out for themselves in the corporate office and only concerned with moving up. Management often times does not know what they're doing. The executive level is very intelligent, but there seems to be a black hole in middle and upper management. Necessary information is unlikely to be funneled up to the executive level unless it can advance a middle/upper manager who will inevitably take all the credit.

There is a very fine line for work/life management. As soon as you get a company phone they will not hesitate to call you at any time for things that are not urgent.

Good managers take ownership for their team's mistakes, and give credit to their team members for achievements. Niagara seems to do the opposite. If you made a mistake it's entirely your fault and you'll hear about it. If you've achieved something that shows off the team you better believe your manager will tkae sole credit for it.

High tech equipment, hard working hourly personnel and terrible management.

Former Employee - Management in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Ontario, CA

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is reasonable and technology employed is typically state of the art.

Cons

Poor work/life balance, ridiculous schedules, biased, prejudiced and manipulative management who are willing to do anything to achieve their annual bonus; whether it's discriminating against hard working employees or cheating regulatory guidelines, it's all fair game. All childish games all the time. If you're into this kind behavior, you'll fit in well. If not, experience will be very frustrating.

Grow up and cease the unprofessional behavior!!!

Fast growing company with great learning opportunity, but poor work life balance

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots to learn, fast pace and fast growing company, great people to work with. Some department have flexible hours or work from home option

Cons

Pay is under market standard. Poor benefit package. Very poor work life balance. MBA degree is over rated in this company. Can't keep talented people for more than 2 years.

Get ready to hit the ground running.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The office culture here is amazing and the people are as well. This is a fast paced company who look for the best. They look for active people who are ready to excel and advance in their careers. This is not the place for those who are content to just sit around at their desks all day. The opportunities are there for those who want them.

Cons

There's a lack of communication between upper management and their teams, but that's to be somewhat expected.

Take the time to sit down with your employees to discuss projects and career advancement.

It's sad when they don't train you right and work the people into the ground

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time

Pros

there is nothing good about working here

Cons

I'm training for a job and we work two days on two days off and they tell me to just sit and watch. How am I supposed to watch when I don't know what I'm looking at. They have 4 shifts when my shift is off the other shift is on 12 hours a day with 4 shifts they could easily work 3 - 8hour shifts plus add a weekend shift on too but they want to kill the people with 12 hours and they expect you to come in on your days off. If you work 8 hour shifts you would get more people to do the overtime plus you would get people to stay working there.

Quit killing your people and they wouldn't look for other jobs and quit they would stay with your company. Get supervisors that know what they're doing.

recommend this company to a friend

Current Employee - Post Doc in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Post Doc in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I like the challenges that we face and they way that they get fixed.

Cons

The is a parking space limit

I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company