Niagara Hospice Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.4
CEO

1. Niagara Hospice is an organization built by caring people who are passionate about the work they do.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lockport, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lockport, NY

I have been working at Niagara Hospice full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Colleagues are great, management cares about the staff and know that if we are happy at work, our patients benefit from it.

Cons

Lack of funding to improve technology and services that could be provided if government realized the benefit of hospice care and the millions saved by utilizing hospice care.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in employees so we can recruit the best of the best.

2. Niagara Hospice

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lockport, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lockport, NY

I worked at Niagara Hospice full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supporting patients and families at end of life is a wonderful but difficult job.

Cons

High Nurse turnover. Constantly changing overtime requirements. Promised wage increases not given. Case load expectations 18+ not including constant visits needed for symptom management, death visits and patient support.

Advice to Management

Management needs to hire more experienced nurses to start with and keep patient load to 13-15 to allow for patient visits and planning. Hire Triage RN's for staff support LPN staff is wonderful but limited in support ability.

3. Working at Niagara Hospice has been an unforgettable learning experience that helped me grow personally & professionally

Current Intern - Marketing and Public Relations Intern in Lockport, NY
    Current Intern - Marketing and Public Relations Intern in Lockport, NY

I have been working at Niagara Hospice as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

At Niagara Hospice, the most notable pro would be the great atmosphere that is always surrounding you because the management is always available and so passionate about this organization and there is cohesion among all of the employees. Everyone is always willing to help out when necessary and always thinking about Niagara Hospice instead of just themselves. There are many opportunities for employees to continuously learn and grow which is something I highly value. Despite having the title as intern, there has not been one day that I felt like I was an intern. Since day one I have been welcomed, trusted and I feel that my opinions and ideas matter. I know that having Niagara Hospice on my resume will help open many doors in my future and I honestly would not hesitate to come back here to work full-time.

Cons

The only thing that I have found to be an issue at Niagara Hospice is that sometimes things tend to get a bit disorganized because the staff is not extremely large, therefore many people have a lot of responsibilities and have some struggles juggling all of the work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - especially including employees opinions in your decisions and reaching out to everyone for ideas!

5. Cares about no one but bottom line MONEY

Former Employee - Coordinator in Niagara Falls, NY
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Niagara Falls, NY

I worked at Niagara Hospice part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice staff to work with.

Cons

Upper management thinks they are special and talk down to everyone! Phony!
    Low pay
    Not appreciated at all
    MONEY the bottom line NOT the caring for patients as should be

Advice to Management

Get rid of those who think they are all that because they are in a management position.

RSS Feed </> Embed