Nicholas Financial

Nicholas Financial Chairman, President, and CEO Peter L. Vosotas

Peter L. Vosotas

Great Company to work for

Collections Manager (Former Employee) Ocala, FL

ProsI had a great job as the collections manager, Learned alot about collections, finance and repos.

ConsHealth insurance was way too expensive I had to work for 2 weeks to pay for my benefits

Definitely not a career- keep looking!!

Administrator (Former Employee)

ProsThe work is extremely easy and non challenging so I guess that can be a pro if you're just trying to collect a paycheck and not really work- I found that boring though but some people want that kind of job.

ConsThe pay is low and the benefits are expensive. There's no room for growth within the company and the work is tedious and unstimulating. You will not be appreciated here and the staff members are judgemental, gossipy, and talk bad about everyone from other coworkers and managers all the way to the customers. The environment is extremely outdated and they are always watching you and looking for things to jump on you about. There's no internet or modern technology which in turn makes you less marketable when you seek an actual career.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more appreciative and understanding of your employees.

Worst place ever.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsI can't really think of any. The hours are somewhat normal Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 5:30, with an hour lunch.

ConsThere are so many things wrong at this company. First off there is NOT a training program! You must learn on the fly and hope you get things done quickly and correctly. Get ready for a lot of stress and being yelled at.

The pay is low and the benefits are expensive. Not worth the misery you will experience. There seems to be a lack of knowledge in the systems and procedures. This causes stress as a hole. The goals are high and difficult to reach so don't expect that bonus pay. The company seems to care more about the dollar than the clients or the employees. Many days I have had to drive in very bad weather to make collection calls. Not to mention the rude remarks about everyone in the office as well as company and the gossip about everyone. Racist remarks abound and I am shocked that corporate ignores it.

There is little to no time off and if you ask for it be ready to defend why you want it. Even though the hours are suppose to be pretty normal...they won't be. Many times you have to stay late and work on Saturdays to keep up with collections and finding deals. This job will become your life.

On top of doing your duties you will also have to clean the office because they will not have cleaning people in. Oh and often you have to buy the supplies to do that. The company is very stingy on funds.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a training program, work on proper work place behavior and expectations, give better pay and vacation time. Treat the employees better and they will work harder.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

RUN!!!

Branch Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI honestly can't think of any.

ConsYou will be pushed beyond reason. You will be lied to. The environment is chaotic. It doesn't matter how hard or long you work, if you are not in the top half of producers, they will fire you very quickly. Extreme sink or swim environment. You will have to sell your soul to make employment work. Their industry reputation is horrible, so making any business happen is near impossible, because everyone already knows this company and what they are all about. Upper management are not leaders in any capacity. They are crude salesmen that just made more money than their predecessors.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't scream about everything. Train your people. Don't be selfish ass holes. Don't contradict everything. Don't lie to people to cover your tail. Stop firing everyone after 3 months. 5 Managers in my territory in the past year. Try training and developing. You will make a lot more money by stopping the turnover.

Get Ready

Collections Representative (Current Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsRelationships with co-workers can be rewarding if you wind up in the right office

ConsYou will work your fingers to the bone. Corporate thinks their stuff don't stink, and they let you know it on a daily basis. Zero training. Computers are from the 80's. Printers are from the 70's. Get this, you have to clean your own office! They are a multi-million dollar company and they make their employees scrub toilets and mop the floor. They don't reinvest anything in the company or their people. Constant pressure to hit your goals or loose your job. They buy the worst paper you've ever seen in you life to hit these goals, then look at you crooked when you can't collect it. And don't even think about ever going on vacation again. Run don't walk away from this place. They don't care about you at all. They don't even pretend to care. They could pay me 10 fold and I would still be looking for another job.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead the cons. Do what you can to correct the issues instead of just going with the flow.

Great place to work.

Senior Administrator (Current Employee) Florence, KY

ProsHours of operations, small office staff, flexible, growth, meeting new people, customer loyalty, opportunity to advance

Consconstantly changing the rules, people arriving late and leaving early, employees not doing their job

Advice to Senior ManagementThe manager should not be afraid to discipline employees that do not follow the rules.

What to be aware of at Nicholas Financial

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsThey do pay decently but watch out because they will rob/steal your bonus pay. They will try and find any reason not to give you it and sometimes make up a new rule during the next month to go back and not pay you for last month.

ConsManagement especially the divisional reps. Some of the debtors arent the best people in the world either.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to care for the people working for you. People will work harder for you if they know you will work harder for them. Be responsible, be a better company. Stop trying to ignore the "grunts" cause your sucess or failure depends on them.

Worked for Nicholas Financial? Contribute to the Community!