Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Lisa A. Nickerson

Great experience. Gave me the skills needed to succeed in my career.

Public Relations Associate (Former Employee)
Newton, MA

I worked at Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events as an intern for less than a year

ProsNickerson is a great company to work for because they train and mentor their employees to be detail oriented, constantly challenge themselves and be the best they can be. They work off of your strengths and take a great interest in making every opportunity a learning experience. You will not only learn about PR but learn about the industry, how to write an email, how to interview, handle digital media, marketing, prepare for meetings, organize events..the list goes on! Nickerson gave me the skills I needed to succeed in my career.

ConsThe internship is usually unpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to mentor and take an active interest in your prevous interns/employees. The company's willingness to help team members whether they work there anymore or not makes a huge impact.

Not a great company

Intern (Former Employee)
Newton, MA

I worked at Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events

ProsGot some hands on experience as an intern
Learned about PR

ConsNot a great atmosphere to be in, when I was there 2/3 interns quit because it was a big waste of time. Doesn't really get to know the interns in a small office of 3 employees, felt as though I was invisible a lot of the time.

Unprofessional with the fact that the boss would talk down to employees in front of clients which was not called for. I almost felt bad for the people that worked there full time. The boss would show up for maybe half a day.

I would not recommend anyone to do business here or work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more feedback to employees, communication is key in the workplace and there was almost none here.
Appreciate the employees instead of talking down to them.
Get to know the people that work for you.

Worked for Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events CEO Lisa A. Nickerson. All reviews posted anonymously by Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events employees.