Nielsen Reviews

Reset
3.5
Nielsen Chief Executive Officer Mitch Barns
Mitch Barns

Pros
  • They have a great work life balance with work from home options available (in 89 reviews)

• They do have a Work from Home program (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance really depends on which department you are in (in 110 reviews)

• Seeing some colleagues work really long hours (in 70 reviews)

1,533 Employee Reviews

1. Featured Review

The Best Company I have Worked for

Current Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are incredibly smart, driven, and its an energetic environment. The career growth and opportunities are endless in this Meritocracy environment. The organization places a strong emphasis on its values for its employees and for its clients. Due to it being a global company, opportunity to work from home is very common for many roles. Nielsen is a very cross functional environment and you have the opportunity to interact with a lot of different functions within the business.

Cons

Some positions require a significant amount of travel which can at times impact work/life balance but it is a flexible environment.

Advice to Management

The upper management that I have interacted with are very intelligent individuals and generally care about their employees and the culture of the organization.

2. Happy to be a part of Nielsen!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wealth of knowledge and resources, terrific inspiration and direction from leadership. Flexible schedule offers great work/life balance. Fantastic exposure to clients and tools to learn and grow.

Cons

Need little more direct on-boarding support for remote office locations.

3. I might have found my dream company to work for

Current Employee - Associate Client Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Client Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Nielsen (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been in the company for a few months now and cannot but enjoy doing what I do every day. This isn't my first job. I have experience working at a few different places before I landed a job at Nielsen, so I can compare and know what else is out there.

Great co-workers - smart, innovative, creative and supportive. Maybe it is just my team (and I feel super lucky and happy about that!) but I would imagine you'd see that throughout Nielsen

Great leadership - my manager and managers who my manager reports to are also great - they are the example of what you want to become and who you want to learn from. Also, from my experience, there are no strict seniority rules: you can speak your mind, share your thoughts and ideas freely, of course you want to back them up (which makes sense). Your leaders and senior people on the team for projects you work on want you to be engaged, show initiative and share your ideas. Inclusion and diversity are a part of Nielsen's culture and I can see it.

Clients - are global CPG leaders - that always have very interesting and unique set of business questions that need to be solved. You end up working on many interesting projects that leverage your business acumen and further develop it.

Cons

I don't think I have anything for cons.

You may end up working some irregular hours (7am or 7pm meetings may happen) but I personally don't mind it as there is some mutual understanding that when you need to take some time off you can easily do that. Having the flexibility of working from home sometimes (without spending time on commute to work) and different/flexible hours as long as the job is done balances it all out.

Pay is fine, though there were some recent changes to the bonus structure, which aren't very clear. I hope to discuss it with my manager and get some answers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

5. Communications analyst

I have been working at Nielsen

Pros

awesome company to work for!!! Ample opportunities for learning and growth, involvement in various projects, work from home benefit, perks, and more!

Cons

old fashioned looking offices

6. Great culture ... excellent growth opportunities

Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong Leadership team with a heart ... truly cares about employees. The CEO Mitch Barns teaches and practices on balance and meaning at work. Yes work is intense like many companies, but people are very caring and supportive. Growth definitely happens as you perform. Diversity and people focus are weaved in the fabric of Nielsen's culture.

Cons

Too many organizational changes - although it is the same as the two other companies I worked at previously

Advice to Management

Execute the strategy and frequent structure changes.

7. Overall good company to work for!

I have been working at Nielsen (More than 3 years)

Pros

Global company with a lot of room for growth and varied experiences. Nielsen is involved in so many aspects of the consumer that it provides an avenue to be constantly learning and also constantly challenged. Overall good culture and people.

Cons

A lot of virtual team interaction; frequent leadership changes.

8. Great company to grow with!

Current Employee - Client Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Nielsen full-time

Pros

Merit based promotions, accelerated career growth, intelligent co-workers, flexible work hours/work from home options

Cons

Salary below average, Larger organization in silos

9. Good Entry Level Job

Current Employee - Team Leader in Oldsmar, FL
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Oldsmar, FL

I have been working at Nielsen (More than a year)

Pros

Co Workers, Atmosphere. They truly do promote from within. Working in cycles.

Cons

The expectations do not align with the salary. A lot of favoritism. The cafeteria closes at 2pm? Makes no sense. Working in Cycles.

10. Work/Life Balance

I have been working at Nielsen

Pros

Excellent work/life balance - there are many internal promotions to make sure everyone has the right work/life balance.

Cons

Balance will depend on level of client interaction

11. Fantastic and exciting company to work for!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Oldsmar, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Oldsmar, FL

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I started at Nielsen, I had just graduated from college. I started my career as an intern and then moved into a full time role once my internship ended. That in itself shows just how much opportunity there is at Nielsen. The culture and environment I work in is something I genuinely cherish. It is flexible yet motivating, and working with so many unique individuals creates a very rewarding experience. I look forward to where my career with Nielsen takes me.

Cons

Such a large company that it is sometimes hard to feel connected to every single aspect. Nielsen associates do a fantastic job, however, doing what they can to feel connected.

Showing 1,533 of 1,606 reviews