Nielsen Reviews

3.4
1,432 Reviews
Nielsen Chief Executive Officer Mitch Barns
Mitch Barns

Pros
  • They have a great work life balance with work from home options available (in 89 reviews)

• Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home when necessary (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is challenging given the workload is often too much (in 110 reviews)

• depending on your role, you could be working long hours in some stressful environments (in 70 reviews)

1. Featured Review

The Best Company I have Worked for

Current Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are incredibly smart, driven, and its an energetic environment. The career growth and opportunities are endless in this Meritocracy environment. The organization places a strong emphasis on its values for its employees and for its clients. Due to it being a global company, opportunity to work from home is very common for many roles. Nielsen is a very cross functional environment and you have the opportunity to interact with a lot of different functions within the business.

Cons

Some positions require a significant amount of travel which can at times impact work/life balance but it is a flexible environment.

The upper management that I have interacted with are very intelligent individuals and generally care about their employees and the culture of the organization.

2. Solid

Current Employee - Team Leader in Oldsmar, FL
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Oldsmar, FL

I have been working at Nielsen

Pros

I can't vouch for other areas of the business....but I have an incredibly flexible schedule...if something comes up with my kid or I want to work from home for any reason no problem- it's just a matter of getting the job done. The benefits outside of monetary compensation such as this are critical for me.....also I like wearing jeans to work everyday :)

Cons

Famously low pay....but again....they make up for it in other areas

Pretty dang good....I like the inclusive nature management has. I've worked in other areas where management carries a gross air of supremacy. That is not the case here.....lots of visibility with bosses and the bosses, bosses, bosses--- without them having you feel insignificant.

3. This is a good company to work for

Current Employee - Research Interviewer in Oldsmar, FL
    Current Employee - Research Interviewer in Oldsmar, FL

I have been working at Nielsen part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice people; opportunities to make extra money a month; casual work attire

Cons

you are dialing the whole time; if you don't like being rejected on the phone not the place for you;

have a place for suggestion box; hire new cleaning company;

Great Company to work for!

Current Employee - Panel Relations Specialist in Oldsmar, FL
    Current Employee - Panel Relations Specialist in Oldsmar, FL

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Nielsen is a Global company, there are a broad range of opportunities for career growth. Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, Nielsen is a company where you can cultivate your expertise, use your knowledge to the fullest extent or re-invent yourself. The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a major feeling of being a part of a team. Management is transparent and shares high-level goals and company changes; they're accessible, and want to see employees succeed. They really focus on career development and opportunities for their employees.

Cons

Sometimes technology can be a bit outdated.

Continue to be open and transparent to all employees.

6. Great company for work-life balance - depending on the group you're in

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of work from home opportunities and flexible schedules. Intelligent, hard-working colleagues. Nielsen is a very highly regarded company to work for across industries, particularly CPG and BevAl. Nielsen teams span industries so opportunities to expand in all areas are widely available.

Cons

Some, not all, teams may work long hours and have more competitive environments.

7. Very flexible and open company to work

I have been working at Nielsen

Pros

Flexible working hours and WFH days

Cons

Organization change happened too frequent

8. Great company

Current Employee - Client Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Client Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Nielsen

Pros

Great company to work for - good pay and structure - very community oriented.

Cons

Not a lot of formal training but everyone is willing to lend a hand.

9. Great place to work!!!

Current Employee - Associate Client Director in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Client Director in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nielsen is a great place to work because they provide an enjoyable work environment, a reasonable pay scale, and room for growth.

Cons

I don't really have any specific cons to list. I had previously not been a fan of the bonus structure, but that has been corrected this year.

10. Very good company

Current Employee - IT Architect Leader
    Current Employee - IT Architect Leader

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility is the positive aspect of Nielsen work culture. Most of the teams let employees work from home on occasion.

Cons

Benefits are little bit lower than industry average. 401K match it lower. Health insurance premiums are higher as salary goes higher.

Most of the IT companies give stock options to employees. Give stock options to lead, architect and above IT folks. It will help retain the talent.

11. Lots of freedom

Former Employee - Nielsen Field Representative in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Nielsen Field Representative in Portland, OR

I worked at Nielsen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom to set appointments and service customers. Independent work from home. Company car. Company computer. EXPENSE ACCOUNT!!

Cons

Late nights. Most installs or repairs take a long time. Must drive long hours to reach appointments. Only one representative to cover majority of state your working in.

Hire more field representatives to allow reps the ability to service more customers and provide the service that is expected. Doing great; however, at giving the freedom to develop into the position.