Nifty After Fifty Reviews

2.0
Michael Merino

1. area fitness coach coordinator

I have been working at Nifty After Fifty

Pros

It rewarding job helping seniors

Cons

You don't get reward for all the hard work you do

Advice to Management

You get what you paid for.

Stay away!

I have been working at Nifty After Fifty full-time

Pros

Loved working with my clients, so rewarding!

Cons

The management from the top down are horrible, hate them all from the CEO down! Lieing theives!!! They expect you to jump over the moon and give NOTHING back in return. Boycott this club at all cost they don't deserve to stay in business. They have no problems putting you at risk!

Advice to Management

Fire everyone from the top down! They will never change!

Selfish

I have been working at Nifty After Fifty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great experience, and working with the older population is enjoyable. The people make you forget that you are getting paid in chump change because helping people is the goal for most of us in this position.

Cons

Horrible pay for the tasks expected. The CEO is awful and money hungry. The CEO does not care about their staffs well being, they only see dollar signs.

Advice to Management

Happy staff equals happy customers. Seniors don't like change, so why would you push out great employees by paying them pennies, and treating them badly? Bad for business.

Fitness Coach

I worked at Nifty After Fifty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The senior population provides for an enriching day, hearing of their life experiences and views on the world. NAF gives you paid time off.

Cons

Management and the HR Department refuses to be your advocate. They lie to benefit themselves ONLY and could care less about their employees. Working 10hr+ days, no lunch breaks and absolutely NO THANK YOU. CEO Mike dissatisfied when you meet & exceed their financial goals-they squeeze every last drop out of you and give little in return.

Advice to Management

Grow a heart to give financially back to your employees and not only to the top three owners of the company. Increase staff when they meet your financial goals-because THEY are the ones making your wallet grow. LISTEN to the staff, as they see day to day the processes that work or DO NOT work. If you trust them with your centers, why not trust their input?

you DON'T want to work for this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Nifty After Fifty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

your fellow employees that you see every day are awesome you build a relationship with these people and you become like family.
    you also get weekends off and payed time off.

Cons

The management is the worse they care nothing about the employees, they lie and they talk negatively about you behind your back. They do everything in their power to break the bond that you have with your co-workers they belittle you and make you feel like less of a person. They are not kind to their employees and they will not support you or have your back.
    Raises suck, they do everything in their power not to give you one, and you don't get paid enough for all the work they require.

Advice to Management

Be kind to your employees, treat them nicely.
    support them as they support you, don't only bring negative things to their attention bring positive things also.

7. Health Coach

I have been working at Nifty After Fifty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great experience working with the older population.

Cons

Pay isn't good for the amount of work you have to do.

Advice to Management

Pay more and the employees would stay longer.

Center Coordinator

Former Employee - Center Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Center Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at Nifty After Fifty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers and members! Working with Senior Adults.

Cons

Pay and promtion from within.

Advice to Management

Need to reward employees for their hard work, seems that Management gets regular salary bumps and promotions. It takes all the receptionist and Center Coordinator to get the majority
    of those members in the door.

Great co-workers, HORRIFIC management.

Current Employee - Receptionist in Garden Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Garden Grove, CA

I have been working at Nifty After Fifty

Pros

My co-workers (receptionists and fitness trainers) are fantastic and the members are a real joy to be around.

Cons

The management is the worst thing to happen to this company. I am not alone in stating that I haven't had a review in over a year, even with numerous verbal praises from co-workers and members alike. When asking for a review and/or raise, the management replies with "the recession, sorry." I was promised a review after my first month and every three months after. The turnover rate for employees is the highest i've seen at any job i've ever held. The CEO believes that is a good thing, because high turnover rates means not having to pay out raises. This company has lost many of its quality employees because of this. The pay rate is horrible, offering $11/hr for Graduate level education. I also witnessed management hiring young females based on the fact that they were good looking, without regard to their relevant experience. The CEO also had cameras installed in all of the locations without notifying any of the clients and without posting signs, as to spy on their members and/or employees. It is a shame that the majority of employees care deeply for the well-being of others, and the management does not care at all.

Advice to Management

Are you really surprised at the high turnover rate of employees? You are a joke of a CEO, and don't know the first thing about people or business. You recently had an article in the local newspaper praising your equipment and crediting your equipment with the success of your business. Are you joking? Did your fitness trainers have nothing to do with that? Pull your heads out of your rears and start treating people like they deserve. I really hope you get it in the end, telling your employees there's no room for raises when you expanded the company into Texas and Las Vegas and fly first class everywhere; not to mention firing your assistant to take her salary as well.

You have to love working with seniors

I have been working at Nifty After Fifty

Pros

I love that fact that we have such a positive impact on the lives of the seniors we serve. I have seen many physical and mental transfomations take place through regular exercise with Nifty after Fifty. It feels good to be a part of that!

Cons

We need more staff to help the members we have. It can be overwelming to have so many people to help but unable to hire additional staff.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work but let us hire more people! We need more coaches and more front desk help!

Nifty after Fifty

Current Employee - Receptionist
    Current Employee - Receptionist

I have been working at Nifty After Fifty

Pros

The patients and clients are very heart warming.

Cons

Management only cares about financial gains than their employees. They don't give reviews to employees even with verbal praises. There is no room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Management should give more praise to their employees and realize that without their employees, this organization would not succeed. The current CEO should acknowledge the employees when he visits the facility instead of just walking in and minding his own business. He will only acknowledge an employee to tell them to vacuum or clean the facility which is not an employee's responsibility. Also, do not make false promises to employees about their compensation. Better knowledgeable management is needed!

RSS Feed </> Embed