Nigel Frank International Reviews

4.1
Nigel Frank International Co-Founder & CEO Sean Wadsworth
Sean Wadsworth

1. Featured Review

Great people and a great company!

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time

Pros

The office environment is amazing. Everyone is energetic and friendly. You're working longer hours but you're with such great people the day just flies by!
    There's tons of room for advancement. You're given a career path to follow and managers are really helpful in helping you reach your goals.

Cons

The hours are typically longer than your 9-5 job. You come in earlier and leave later, so sometimes it's hard to balance work and life.

2. Great Growth Potential and Awesome Team Like Environment

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Nigel Frank for a little over 6 months, and have really enjoyed my time there. There is a lot of internal and team support, that allows you to potentially make a lot of money, very quickly. If you are a hard worker, and enjoy a challenge, this is the job for you!

Everyone is very friendly and managers really root for your success.

Cons

Just like any sales job, there are good days and bad days, but thats just the nature of sales.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing and recognizing those that are working hard!

3. Are they serious? Avoid at all costs.

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Once a month there's a happy hour to forget about how horrible it is being at NFI. The job is right next to the train station so I can run for the hills whenever I leave those doors.

Cons

13+ hour days. Horrible attitude from management. Horrible pay. "Earn 100k your first year" who has signs like this in front of their doors? SCAM ARTISTS. Pyramid Scheme from the gecko.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees. & Stop giving that horrible "sell me a pen" scenario. Everyone has seen the wolf of wall street movie.

Is this place for real

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Nigel Frank for some time. This company is giving young professionals a chance of a lifetime. I am not part of management and have nothing to gain from leaving this post. I am just a hard working employee that has followed what Nigel Frank taught me and became successful. I want the people reading these reviews to know the truth and not the propaganda of those "who couldn't make it". In my multiple years working here all staff especially sr. Management have acted with the utmost integrity. There is a reason we are the global leaders in our market.
    If you are ready to work hard and learn skills relating to sales and the recruitment industry that you can't learn anywhere else this is the place for you. If you are going to complain about making base salary and don't realize you are making base salary because you are not working hard enough than this probably is not the job for you.

Cons

To be successful long hours are necessary. The harder you work the more money you will make. If you don't work hard you will be only making 35k.

Advice to Management

You should give raises to everyone who appreciates what they have! Thank you.

Great company, great opportunity would never look back

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Inspirational leadership, great culture, always supportive

Cons

No cons, if you work hard and you apply the training you will succeed

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!

I had high expectations upon coming in; it's been exactly what was promised to me!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at Nigel Frank for under two years. I've been promoted twice and am currently working towards my third promotion target. The culture is amazing and you can be as involved as you want to be. I've met the best people at NFI and it's made living in NYC so fun (and affordable).

Cons

It's hard work and it can get super stressful. But I guess I knew that's what I was signing up for when I got into this industry...

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on training; it's been a big help to me since it's been revamped.

Hell on earth

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent sales training , open bar every first Thursday of the month so you can forget the prior month.

Cons

Long hours, little pay. Average work day is 13 hours and the base salary is 35k. That comes out to about $11.50 an hour before taxes, after taxes its about $7 an hour.

The commission structure is designed to keep more money in the companies pocket.

They target recent graduates who have no other full time working experience. This is not how real companies operate you are allowed to have a life outside of work at a real company, think carefully before joining.

Advice to Management

LOL

If you're looking for a group that embodies "work hard, play hard," this is the place for you.

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got this job right out of college. This is the perfect place for someone looking to make a lot of money and have their hard work rewarded. The promotion and commission structure directly represent the work that you put in to the business. Having been here for less than a year, I can already see the potential to make 6-figures and above within the first year. One of the best aspects of this job is working with a group of young individuals who are full of energy and motivated by the same thing. Not only do your colleagues keep you motivated and in a positive mood, there are various incentive trips that are attainable regardless of seniority. There have been trips to Puerto Rico, London, Vegas, etc. that are sponsored by the company for those who add the most value to the company. Finally, the first Thursday of each month is welcomed with a company-wide meeting followed by an open-bar event which creates closer connections throughout the entire firm.

Cons

The hours are longer than the typical 9-5 you face at regular jobs. However, the work done after hours helps prepare each consultant better to make more money in the long-run. Also, although the pay is not the greatest, it is good enough to live off of until the commission rolls in. Of course, in a sales environment, there is always a large turnover rate - but if you know sales is for you, this is the place to do it.

Advice to Management

Keep it up with the incentive trips and the positive attitude. Really makes coming to work enjoyable rather than a hassle in the morning.

The best sales job in NYC!

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The open environment is like that of 'Wolf of Wall Street'. It isn't that competitive in terms of people just screaming around the office and trying to sell until you hear the work 'yes' but the energy is amazing, the people are helpful and friendly and want you to make money and do great, and the President is a leader who truly cares about what people think, whether you first start or have been here for over 2 years.

Cons

Training could be more consistent but the new training modules and schedules are exactly what everyone needs and I think they are putting more focus on this, which is really positive for career development.

Advice to Management

Stay hands on!

Great Opportunity!

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working here for three months now and it has been a great opportunity thus far. The office environment is always energetic and motivating. Everyone here wants each other to do well and constantly acknowledges you when you have successes. The people who work here are the definition of "work hard, play hard." At Nigel Frank we are here for the same reason, we are all motivated to make money and with hard work and and a strategic mind it can definitely happen. Yes, the majority of people who work here are very young. I believe this is a great thing, it shows that this generation is willing to work as hard as they can to be successful no matter what age. We also make it a point to go out together outside of work and have a good time. There is also many incentives and room for growth!

Cons

The hours are longer than a typical 9-5 job. The reason for this is because you probably have a greater chance to make more money if you stay later especially if your territory is in the west coast. The base salary is low but this just makes the employees want to work harder to make commission. I would personally like to work like crazy and feel like I actually worked for my successes rather them be handed to me. The way things go can really be up and down but when it's up you feel like a million bucks!

RSS Feed </> Embed