Nigel Frank International Reviews

• New York, NY
3.7
Nigel Frank International Co-Founder & CEO Sean Wadsworth
Sean Wadsworth

Great people and a great company!

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time

Pros

The office environment is amazing. Everyone is energetic and friendly. You're working longer hours but you're with such great people the day just flies by!
    There's tons of room for advancement. You're given a career path to follow and managers are really helpful in helping you reach your goals.

Cons

The hours are typically longer than your 9-5 job. You come in earlier and leave later, so sometimes it's hard to balance work and life.

A really terrible place that brainwashes recent graduates

Former Employee - Sales Force in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Force in New York, NY

I worked at Nigel Frank International

Pros

Pros are that you aren't unemployed or working at mccdonalds. other than that not much

Cons

a pathetic place where they brainwash recent graduates into thinking that if you want to be successful, you cannot have a life outside of work. That means if you want to go out with your friends on weekends, and not people who you work with, you get blacklisted. The president does drugs in the office.
    They are dishonest every step of the way. one of the female managers, not american, is a total psycho.

Advice to Management

this strategy is clearly working financially for the people who run the company, so management has no reason whatsoever to change anything... and thats the problem

I had high expectations upon coming in; it's been exactly what was promised to me!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at Nigel Frank for under two years. I've been promoted twice and am currently working towards my third promotion target. The culture is amazing and you can be as involved as you want to be. I've met the best people at NFI and it's made living in NYC so fun (and affordable).

Cons

It's hard work and it can get super stressful. But I guess I knew that's what I was signing up for when I got into this industry...

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on training; it's been a big help to me since it's been revamped.

Great company, great opportunity would never look back

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Inspirational leadership, great culture, always supportive

Cons

No cons, if you work hard and you apply the training you will succeed

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!

Hell on earth

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent sales training , open bar every first Thursday of the month so you can forget the prior month.

Cons

Long hours, little pay. Average work day is 13 hours and the base salary is 35k. That comes out to about $11.50 an hour before taxes, after taxes its about $7 an hour.

The commission structure is designed to keep more money in the companies pocket.

They target recent graduates who have no other full time working experience. This is not how real companies operate you are allowed to have a life outside of work at a real company, think carefully before joining.

Advice to Management

LOL

If you're looking for a group that embodies "work hard, play hard," this is the place for you.

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got this job right out of college. This is the perfect place for someone looking to make a lot of money and have their hard work rewarded. The promotion and commission structure directly represent the work that you put in to the business. Having been here for less than a year, I can already see the potential to make 6-figures and above within the first year. One of the best aspects of this job is working with a group of young individuals who are full of energy and motivated by the same thing. Not only do your colleagues keep you motivated and in a positive mood, there are various incentive trips that are attainable regardless of seniority. There have been trips to Puerto Rico, London, Vegas, etc. that are sponsored by the company for those who add the most value to the company. Finally, the first Thursday of each month is welcomed with a company-wide meeting followed by an open-bar event which creates closer connections throughout the entire firm.

Cons

The hours are longer than the typical 9-5 you face at regular jobs. However, the work done after hours helps prepare each consultant better to make more money in the long-run. Also, although the pay is not the greatest, it is good enough to live off of until the commission rolls in. Of course, in a sales environment, there is always a large turnover rate - but if you know sales is for you, this is the place to do it.

Advice to Management

Keep it up with the incentive trips and the positive attitude. Really makes coming to work enjoyable rather than a hassle in the morning.

The best sales job in NYC!

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The open environment is like that of 'Wolf of Wall Street'. It isn't that competitive in terms of people just screaming around the office and trying to sell until you hear the work 'yes' but the energy is amazing, the people are helpful and friendly and want you to make money and do great, and the President is a leader who truly cares about what people think, whether you first start or have been here for over 2 years.

Cons

Training could be more consistent but the new training modules and schedules are exactly what everyone needs and I think they are putting more focus on this, which is really positive for career development.

Advice to Management

Stay hands on!

Great Opportunity!

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working here for three months now and it has been a great opportunity thus far. The office environment is always energetic and motivating. Everyone here wants each other to do well and constantly acknowledges you when you have successes. The people who work here are the definition of "work hard, play hard." At Nigel Frank we are here for the same reason, we are all motivated to make money and with hard work and and a strategic mind it can definitely happen. Yes, the majority of people who work here are very young. I believe this is a great thing, it shows that this generation is willing to work as hard as they can to be successful no matter what age. We also make it a point to go out together outside of work and have a good time. There is also many incentives and room for growth!

Cons

The hours are longer than a typical 9-5 job. The reason for this is because you probably have a greater chance to make more money if you stay later especially if your territory is in the west coast. The base salary is low but this just makes the employees want to work harder to make commission. I would personally like to work like crazy and feel like I actually worked for my successes rather them be handed to me. The way things go can really be up and down but when it's up you feel like a million bucks!

Amazing opportunity

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office environment is always energetic. We all want to succeed and make money while having fun, and helping our candidates/clients. There Is a ton of room for growth.

Cons

I wouldn't consider it a con but be ready to give it your all or you won't make it. Management wants to see you succeed and you need to be ready to do 12 hour days, come in on weekends and do what it takes to win.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good ambitious growth plans and keep investing in your employees as we dictate the future of the company.

Great Company for young adult and new to the workforce!

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in New York, NY

I worked at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Commission structure makes the earning potential very lucrative!
    - Health Benefits are OK
    - PTO starts out decent but gets great after 1 year!

Cons

- Management doesn't focus enough on each person individually for a long enough period of time
    - Expectations are set too high for a consultant to reach and it can be counterproductive to some individuals
    - Long hours can take over your life very easily
    - Say goodbye to your social life as they expect you to spend a good amount of time there even though they say 9-5:30

Advice to Management

Better work-life balance does not mean close out a bar for a night. Management needs to be a little more personalized/ 1-on-1 with their trainees.

Nigel Frank International Photos

Attending the 'Best Companies To Work For In New York' Awards.
NFI's office-wide, themed Sales Day - dressed as our favorite celebrities, we competed in various sales events and activities to win prizes!

+ Add Photo