Nigel Frank International

Sean Wadsworth

23 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Opportunity!

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been working here for three months now and it has been a great opportunity thus far. The office environment is always energetic and motivating. Everyone here wants each other to do well and constantly acknowledges you when you have successes. The people who work here are the definition of "work hard, play hard." At Nigel Frank we are here for the same reason, we are all motivated to make money and with hard work and and a strategic mind it can definitely happen. Yes, the majority of people who work here are very young. I believe this is a great thing, it shows that this generation is willing to work as hard as they can to be successful no matter what age. We also make it a point to go out together outside of work and have a good time. There is also many incentives and room for growth!

Cons

The hours are longer than a typical 9-5 job. The reason for this is because you probably have a greater chance to make more money if you stay later especially if your territory is in the west coast. The base salary is low but this just makes the employees want to work harder to make commission. I would personally like to work like crazy and feel like I actually worked for my successes rather them be handed to me. The way things go can really be up and down but when it's up you feel like a million bucks!

The best sales job in NYC!

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The open environment is like that of 'Wolf of Wall Street'. It isn't that competitive in terms of people just screaming around the office and trying to sell until you hear the work 'yes' but the energy is amazing, the people are helpful and friendly and want you to make money and do great, and the President is a leader who truly cares about what people think, whether you first start or have been here for over 2 years.

Cons

Training could be more consistent but the new training modules and schedules are exactly what everyone needs and I think they are putting more focus on this, which is really positive for career development.

Stay hands on!

If you're looking for a group that embodies "work hard, play hard," this is the place for you.

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I got this job right out of college. This is the perfect place for someone looking to make a lot of money and have their hard work rewarded. The promotion and commission structure directly represent the work that you put in to the business. Having been here for less than a year, I can already see the potential to make 6-figures and above within the first year. One of the best aspects of this job is working with a group of young individuals who are full of energy and motivated by the same thing. Not only do your colleagues keep you motivated and in a positive mood, there are various incentive trips that are attainable regardless of seniority. There have been trips to Puerto Rico, London, Vegas, etc. that are sponsored by the company for those who add the most value to the company. Finally, the first Thursday of each month is welcomed with a company-wide meeting followed by an open-bar event which creates closer connections throughout the entire firm.

Cons

The hours are longer than the typical 9-5 you face at regular jobs. However, the work done after hours helps prepare each consultant better to make more money in the long-run. Also, although the pay is not the greatest, it is good enough to live off of until the commission rolls in. Of course, in a sales environment, there is always a large turnover rate - but if you know sales is for you, this is the place to do it.

Keep it up with the incentive trips and the positive attitude. Really makes coming to work enjoyable rather than a hassle in the morning.

absolute joke of a place

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

if you know basically no one in the city then you can make some fast friends.

Cons

they have no respect for human dignity. they brainwash people into thinking this is a legitimate company when it is just a business model, they treat you like a slave. i had to negotiate to take off half a day of work to move into my apartment. also recruitment in general is so boring and awful. they blatantly lie about your commission structure and usually delay commission payment by two months. place is an absolute joke and most of the people who work here are peasants.

treat people like human beings you morons

Great Company for young adult and new to the workforce!

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in New York, NY

I worked at Nigel Frank International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Commission structure makes the earning potential very lucrative!
    - Health Benefits are OK
    - PTO starts out decent but gets great after 1 year!

Cons

- Management doesn't focus enough on each person individually for a long enough period of time
    - Expectations are set too high for a consultant to reach and it can be counterproductive to some individuals
    - Long hours can take over your life very easily
    - Say goodbye to your social life as they expect you to spend a good amount of time there even though they say 9-5:30

Better work-life balance does not mean close out a bar for a night. Management needs to be a little more personalized/ 1-on-1 with their trainees.

Amazing opportunity

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The office environment is always energetic. We all want to succeed and make money while having fun, and helping our candidates/clients. There Is a ton of room for growth.

Cons

I wouldn't consider it a con but be ready to give it your all or you won't make it. Management wants to see you succeed and you need to be ready to do 12 hour days, come in on weekends and do what it takes to win.

Keep up the good ambitious growth plans and keep investing in your employees as we dictate the future of the company.

Best sales opportunity in NYC

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time

Pros

Commission, trips, promotions and the environment / people. Never a dull moment in the office and always someone to grab a drink with after work. Been promoted twice in just under a year here. Compared to friends I have at other sales roles in NYC, I make significantly more commission, have been on more trips and company events and actually enjoy coming to work.

Cons

Not an easy ride, you have to work for it. Can be hard to adjust to but once you get it, it works and you're rewarded for everything you put in.

Remember what it was like to be a trainee, you were all there once.

Money, great team, living in NYC - what more could you ask for?

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company really cares about keeping its employees happy, especially those that are giving back. The compensation is hard to argue with (100k+ your first year out of college? Show me another job that is looking at that level of opportunity), the people are amazing and at ANY point if you aren't happy, all you have to do is voice your concern to your team lead or manager. Anyone who gets a job here and is willing to do what it takes should seriously be thanking their lucky stars!

Cons

Frankly, it's not great for work-life balance, at least for people that love money! Most people are willing to stay late, work hard and pay their dues to get killer pay checks and play hard. This is not a good environment for someone looking just for a 9-5 to pay the bills.

Keep up the good work!

Recruiting is recruiting no matter where you work

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Nigel Frank International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

First of all, I consider having ANY job to be a "pro." There are a lot of people who would kill for a job.

The pros of working at Nigel Frank are monthly alcoholic binge fests, decent sales training, and a lot of performance based incentives ie. expenses paid business trips. If you are a millennial, you are working with people your age who understand how much the job can suck. The "growth potential" is also a plus.

Please note: The workplace policies for any recruiting firm, or ANY place of employment for that matter, are practically the same no matter where you work. No one recruiting firm is better or more/less strict and at the end of the day, a job is a job. Ask 100 individual if he/she likes his/her job and you'll only hear 2-5 people say "yes."

Cons

Some of your "managers" are your peers who have never had any sort of real management training. This leads the constructive criticism to sound condescending, disrespectful, rude, etc.

The attainability of "career progression" is all tied to how much time you can afford to spend at work. There is no overtime at Nigel Frank. In essence, you receive your overtime pay when you receive your hard earned commission. You are not forced to stay beyond the 8 hour work day but it is expected if you want to make "mad money."

The poor work-life balance makes your colleagues your dating pool.

The starting base salary is low compared to Nigel Frank's competitors.

Nigel Frank still has some kinks to work out within HR.

Employees are more likely to stay with the company when they feel appreciated. If team leaders and managers are talking to you like you're an idiot while coaching you, it creates a bit of a hostile work environment.

Granted, no two leaders are ever the same, but the inconsistencies with how each team operates can make someone feel like they're being singled out.

Changed my life

Current Employee - Dynamics AX Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Dynamics AX Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company culture, huge upward mobility potential, company equity, international travel, money, lunch at 5 star restaurants on company dime, fun sales days, excellent training. There is the potential to make an absolute killing here, while the initial base may be low, within the first year I cleared $80+k. After doing door to door sales for nearly a year, what I make now in one month is the same to what I made combined in 8 months there.

Cons

long hours, you're not forced to work long, but if you want to make good money it is advantageous.

Keep up the development of your younger employees, they are the key to continued success

Nigel Frank International Photos

Attending the 'Best Companies To Work For In New York' Awards.
NFI's office-wide, themed Sales Day - dressed as our favorite celebrities, we competed in various sales events and activities to win prizes!

+ Add Photo