Nightingale Home Healthcare Reviews

Dr. Dev Anuroop Brar

1. Great coworkers and clients

Former Employee - CNA in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Former Employee - CNA in Pleasant Hill, CA

I worked at Nightingale Home Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They made sure you were properly prepared for each client, and that it was a good fit.

Cons

In homecare, there is some uncertainty. You must be willing to change hours, days, and clients to maintain a steady income

Keep being awesome

2. Poor

Current Employee - RN, Cln in Hinsdale, IL
    Current Employee - RN, Cln in Hinsdale, IL

I have been working at Nightingale Home Healthcare

Pros

No, there is nothing good here! Beware of supplies taken back from
    You that
    The clients need. They use you and do not pay
     For your gas properly.

Cons

Never paid back for my IPads use...over ����. She said hello at Starbuck... Very Two faced.
    I saw her at break, by

t I was moved on to my next job.

Stop false ways. Worlds worst boss.

Very difficult place to work

Current Employee - Staff in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Staff in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Nightingale Home Healthcare part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have met some great people.

Cons

Must cover yourself, lots of people pointing fingers, lying, whatever it takes, someone will throw you under the bus to save themselves. Teamwork is not promoted, lots of drama, and adult version of kindergarten. If you liked to be screamed at, talked to like a child, made to feel like you are "overhead" and watched and know listened to on video, this is the place for you. You will be written up if you do not wipe your feet, come in after 8:06. It is stressful, not because of the work, its the work environment, very negative, lots of fake people that will smile at you and talk about you. If you work hard and keep your nose down like I tried to do you will still be picked on, nothing is ever good enough. You will go home stressed out, crying and in the end its just a bad place and you have to leave for your health, unless you are a "yes man" fake and do not care about your fellow employees, just how far you can get by rail roading someone, run away. The good reviewers are not real!!

There are some great employees that would be loyal to you, but you do not promote this, so what if this is how you have been doing things since the beginning? How small minded is that?? You should grow and learn. Stop sending those stupid emails that you do, no one buys it, it is hypocritical.

5. CEO constantly posts fake reviews

I have been working at Nightingale Home Healthcare

Pros

Laughter at all the fake positive reviews HR and the CEO post on this website

Cons

CEO constantly posts fake reviews

Make your company better instead of posting fake reviews.

Horrible workplace!

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Nightingale Home Healthcare

Pros

None. Its not worth it!

Cons

You are working more than 12 hours a day even if you're physical therapist.
    You drive more than 2000 a mile per week.
    Employees at the office acts as if they are all the boss.

It affects your care to the patient.

The owner is hypocrite! He emails sayings but fail to look on what's going on in his own company and how they threaten most of their employee. hope this will be complained to the labor department!

Be gone!
    You are too much!

Don't apply

Former Employee - Nurse in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Nurse in Houston, TX

I worked at Nightingale Home Healthcare

Pros

Really have no pros to add

Cons

Over worked, unrealistic expectations, don't care about patients well being,

Waste of time

I worked at Nightingale Home Healthcare (less than a year)

Pros

- Meeting clients. I don't have 5 words to enter here.

Cons

- I was in a different position other than a nurse or PT/OT. My "manager" never knew what was going on in my department. It was like pulling teeth to get her to assign me patients to see, so I didn't get paid. I would call and email over and over, but no response. They don't have voice mail,so you can't leave a message. Someone in India answers the phone and tells you to call a nurse with your question when the nurse can't do anything about it.
    - I'm told Owner does not believe in direct deposit. I didn't know that was a thing you could believe in in 2015. You have to either pick up your check at the office (they won't reimburse you mileage...which is only $0.25/mile AFTER 21 miles) or have it mailed the old fashion way.
    - Supplies. I had to ask for things like pens, notepads, hand sanitizer and it seemed weird that I was asking for them. I got one pen. One.
    - In order to get paid, patients have to sign sheets proving you were there. That's fine and understandable. However, I tried to scan and email my sheets to HR and they would only accept the originals. Ok fine as well. I asked them to supply me with stamps and envelopes and I would mail them in. Nope, they don't supply that either. So my only option was to drive to the office and drop them off in person...and they won't pay you mileage for that. So, I had to spend my own money in order to get paid.
    - Even when I knew I would have a patient that week, I couldn't schedule them until sometimes the day before because I didn't have access in the database. I expressed I needed to better plan my weeks out having a family and other things going on in my life. I couldn't just work day to day not knowing anything. Bringing that up didn't do anything; everyone at the office is all laid back and it doesn't seem to matter to them.
    - I met the owner once; he spoke to me for 2 minutes and told staff that I "had a good personality and would fit in". Then, for the other part of my interview, I wasn't asked anything about my work ethic, goals, anything. It was just to fill the spot.

- empathy. Put yourself in the shoes of your employees and ask yourself if you would like to work in this environment.
    - Step back and look at why there is so much turn over....and do something about it! The only reason companies like this stick around is because people stay and do nothing!

I SHOULDVE LISTENED!!

Former Employee - Volunteer Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Volunteer Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Nightingale Home Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The monetary compensation was fair

Cons

I WAS WARNED ABOUT THIS PLACE AND DIDNT LISTEN, PLEASE DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE.

I was let go after three weeks due to the fact they felt it "wasnt a good fit". I had barely even started because one and half weeks were training. I left a job of over a year for this company and Im livid. They had no idea what they were doing with me or my position when i started and changed me from hospice to home health the day of my orientation. They didnt even know who my supervisor was for upwards of 3 hours, The job description and actual responsibilities were not even similar. They pay nothing for mileage and audit your every move. I am so disappointed with this company.

Rn

I worked at Nightingale Home Healthcare

Pros

None. No pros for this company. Stay away !
    ------------ /--------- ------- :----------------

Cons

Awful place to work. Really messed up place to work, like living under marshal law

Dr Barr is a joke. Employees are dogged with little respect. Culture is terrible. They have cameras in the BR . Crazy bad place to work.

11. Allows for growth for anyone who is motivated enough....

Current Employee - Human Resources in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Nightingale Home Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Every day is different, very fast paced. I enjoy being able to feel the thrill of the pressure and knowing at the end of the day my job made a difference. Very patient focused.

Cons

is it a con, for some it may be - but working here is fast paced and demanding -