Nightingale Home Healthcare

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dr. Dev Anuroop Brar

Different than other places. A lot of stress on patient care. Refreshing.

Clinical Education and Development Specialist (Former Employee) Hinsdale, IL

ProsYou do your job well your job is secure. No layoffs through recession or decreasing insurance reimbursements.

ConsIn-services and retraining although good but takes away a lot of time. Had to stay longer on certain days to finish my job.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

It has been surprisingly a great experience.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsThe appreciation of a customer/patient. The constant reminder(s) that the patient is the reason why we are here.

ConsBeing patient oriented myself what may seem like challenges to some are understood and well accepted by me.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more middle management people.

Nightingale is one of the most micro managed places I have ever worked in. They usually have a low census.

RN Case Manager (Current Employee) Hinsdale, IL

ProsThe pay is ok if you get enough patients. Usually 50 per patient. The job is very flexible. You set your own schedule.

ConsThere aren't enough patients. They are unorganized. They do not value their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your staff like they matter. Fire your DON. She's too unorganized. Pay better mileage.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Case management

Nurse Case Management (Former Employee) Hinsdale, IL

Prossounds great.. Then you get serious problems.

ConsClinical Management IL. They do not take calls Monday.
    The staff is not at their desk. The patients do not like the Clinical Management, she plays silent . The patients are talking and she says...because you are mad. Chea

Advice to Senior ManagementComputer s cheap.

Enjoy caring for the patients and utilizing Nightingale's technology to ensure the patients are stable.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Carmel, IN

ProsGreat technology, quality care focused, great pay/steady work, paperwork done daily, good clinical support

ConsAgency is busy. You need to work with your scheduler and clinical supervisor before your schedule becomes overwhelming.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave field staff do more of the teaching during monthly Inservice. It was good for me to hear how they handled variety of patient issues.

I've experienced growth and autonomy working at Nightingale.

Director of Clinical Services (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPatient care is the most important thing and the company honors their Motto and Mission. Pay is comparable to the market, and the President is a fair and sends motivating communications to employees. My opinion matters and is heard and respected. HR Director is amazing, hands down the best I've ever seen, always available and does what she says. The computer software system is one of the easiest I've ever used, and the phone system is awesome. (No remembering extension or thumbing through phone list to find it) I have decision making ability to set the tone for my office, and even spearhead decisions toward growth and territory expansion. Lots of decision making abilities for Directors. There is always support available to help your office, even at a moments notice.

ConsMedical insurance plan is not the best. If you are an unorganized person with poor time management documentation will stroke you out. No car or cell phone allowance.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice for Senior Management to visit all the states at certain intervals, because we like the interaction and feedback too. Get a major medical insurance, for those with families this can be a deal breaker. Also cell phone and car allowance.

YOU WILL REGRET A DECISION TO WORK HERE-RUN! 2 year Sales Non Compete strictly enforced-potential FUTURE employers RUN.

Patient Advocate (Sales Representative ) (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsExperience, learning how NOT to do things. NEVER sign a non-compete with this company. They will harass you and your future employers to the point of losing your FUTURE jobs. Well known nationally for being too expensive to fight in court. They cannot afford to fight the cease and desist order!

ConsConstant repeated threats of being fired, inappropriate sexual comments of ALL types by owner who has paid out to settle multiple sexual harassment civil lawsuits, intimidation, constant micromanaging, unrealistic quotas, manager will avoid teaching to keep her career secure-easily intimidated. Never work here-you will regret it over and over-even long after leaving...beyond denigrating...hostile work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with HR to know your boundaries regarding your high risk behaviors, violations and policies. Report HR violations and protect your employees-not the owner.

Sounded Great Initially

Patient Advocate (Sales Representative ) (Former Employee) Carmel, IN

ProsTechnology, Somehow they get talented employees. I'm sure there is money available to invest better in employee retention.

ConsEverything else, culture if fear, negative motivation, scare tactics, leadership, employees unappreciated, pay cuts, sexual inappropriateness

Advice to Senior ManagementMajor Culture Change is needed! It's a shame because of the talent and tools that are available are wasted because best resource (human resource) is highly undervalued.

High turnover

P/A (Former Employee) Na Ah Tee, AZ

ProsPro's really cant think of any. They are like spies and want to know your every move. If you have a company car they track your every move. If you are in idle they will charge you for 1 gallon of gas. The management really needs to learn how to manage. I think that they all need to learn the basics.

ConsCons, well again the leadership team does not consist of leaders. They seem like nice people until they leave. The management team even tries to hide things that they know is wrong. There is no communication with anyone and there is no concept of teamwork. The team aspect is not understood with this company. It is sad that when you need to talk to someone in management they blow you off.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake courses to learn how to manage. They need to learn how to teach and train. It seemed that the company sends you out and then thats all you hear from them. The management team is poor and needs to go back and learn some basics. They lost many nurses and other employees within the matter of weeks.

I develop relationships and market our services to physicians, hospital case managers,and assisted living social workers

Patient Advocate (Sales Representative ) (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThe support from management, and quick response from customer service is great for clients.

ConsSome of the challenges are traveling in and around the city. Alot of terrible drivers in this town

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider spring and winter sales campaigns. This will increase sales during down time

Worked for Nightingale Home Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!