Nightingale Home Healthcare

Dr. Dev Anuroop Brar

Great coworkers and clients

Former Employee - CNA in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Former Employee - CNA in Pleasant Hill, CA

I worked at Nightingale Home Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They made sure you were properly prepared for each client, and that it was a good fit.

Cons

In homecare, there is some uncertainty. You must be willing to change hours, days, and clients to maintain a steady income

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome

Soul-sucking, heartless company

I worked at Nightingale Home Healthcare full-time

Pros

There really are no good reasons to work at this company and plenty of reasons to go running in the opposite direction.

Cons

Management does not care about its patients or employees. They consistently overload staff with work and fail to show any respect or gratitude. Management consistently fails to address serious problems that threaten patients' well-being, even though multiple field staff repeatedly bring these issues to their attention. Top management regularly sends emails to all staff that are condescending at best and often blatantly insulting. Practically the entire nursing support staff at the office quit soon after I started, so there was never adequate support for field staff. We weren't even allowed to call the office for a while. Management does not seem to understand that the constant turnover and overworking existing staff compromises patient care-or more likely, they know but just don't care. Management is so out-of-touch with the reality of working in the field and seem to have no awareness of how hard nurses work. There will always be high turnover as long as management continues to ignore staff's valid concerns and fails to recognize the value of its staff. Profits are the top priority for management -they really don't care about the patients. This is evidenced by the fact that they continue to take referrals even when they don't have adequate numbers of staff and continue to take referrals of patients without considering if they are appropriate for home care. As key staff members have left the company, the owner has chosen to eliminate their positions instead of hiring replacements. Office staff are also overloaded, and it is not appropriate for the company to eliminate positions when people are already stretched thin. This leads to field staff not receiving necessary support from the office. Management engages in some very shady business practices, including forcing staff to write fake positive reviews on this site. They should be shut down.

Advice to Management

Really, I think management is beyond redemption. Arrogance, corruption, and selfishness rule at the management level, so they do not listen to advice.

Poor

Current Employee - RN, Cln in Hinsdale, IL
    Current Employee - RN, Cln in Hinsdale, IL

I have been working at Nightingale Home Healthcare

Pros

No, there is nothing good here! Beware of supplies taken back from
    You that
    The clients need. They use you and do not pay
     For your gas properly.

Cons

Never paid back for my IPads use...over ����. She said hello at Starbuck... Very Two faced.
    I saw her at break, by

t I was moved on to my next job.

Advice to Management

Stop false ways. Worlds worst boss.

Nightingale Home Healthcare Response

Apr 4, 2015Human Resources Director

This particular response is not our office in IL. There is another NIghtengale in Chicago which we are not affiliated with

Horrible workplace!

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Nightingale Home Healthcare

Pros

None. Its not worth it!

Cons

You are working more than 12 hours a day even if you're physical therapist.
    You drive more than 2000 a mile per week.
    Employees at the office acts as if they are all the boss.

It affects your care to the patient.

The owner is hypocrite! He emails sayings but fail to look on what's going on in his own company and how they threaten most of their employee. hope this will be complained to the labor department!

Advice to Management

Be gone!
    You are too much!

CEO constantly posts fake reviews

Current Employee - Human Resources in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Nightingale Home Healthcare

Pros

Laughter at all the fake positive reviews HR and the CEO post on this website

Cons

CEO constantly posts fake reviews

Advice to Management

Make your company better instead of posting fake reviews.

Don't apply

Former Employee - Nurse in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Nurse in Houston, TX

I worked at Nightingale Home Healthcare

Pros

Really have no pros to add

Cons

Over worked, unrealistic expectations, don't care about patients well being,

Waste of time

I worked at Nightingale Home Healthcare (less than a year)

Pros

- Meeting clients. I don't have 5 words to enter here.

Cons

- I was in a different position other than a nurse or PT/OT. My "manager" never knew what was going on in my department. It was like pulling teeth to get her to assign me patients to see, so I didn't get paid. I would call and email over and over, but no response. They don't have voice mail,so you can't leave a message. Someone in India answers the phone and tells you to call a nurse with your question when the nurse can't do anything about it.
    - I'm told Owner does not believe in direct deposit. I didn't know that was a thing you could believe in in 2015. You have to either pick up your check at the office (they won't reimburse you mileage...which is only $0.25/mile AFTER 21 miles) or have it mailed the old fashion way.
    - Supplies. I had to ask for things like pens, notepads, hand sanitizer and it seemed weird that I was asking for them. I got one pen. One.
    - In order to get paid, patients have to sign sheets proving you were there. That's fine and understandable. However, I tried to scan and email my sheets to HR and they would only accept the originals. Ok fine as well. I asked them to supply me with stamps and envelopes and I would mail them in. Nope, they don't supply that either. So my only option was to drive to the office and drop them off in person...and they won't pay you mileage for that. So, I had to spend my own money in order to get paid.
    - Even when I knew I would have a patient that week, I couldn't schedule them until sometimes the day before because I didn't have access in the database. I expressed I needed to better plan my weeks out having a family and other things going on in my life. I couldn't just work day to day not knowing anything. Bringing that up didn't do anything; everyone at the office is all laid back and it doesn't seem to matter to them.
    - I met the owner once; he spoke to me for 2 minutes and told staff that I "had a good personality and would fit in". Then, for the other part of my interview, I wasn't asked anything about my work ethic, goals, anything. It was just to fill the spot.

Advice to Management

- empathy. Put yourself in the shoes of your employees and ask yourself if you would like to work in this environment.
    - Step back and look at why there is so much turn over....and do something about it! The only reason companies like this stick around is because people stay and do nothing!

I SHOULDVE LISTENED!!

Former Employee - Volunteer Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Volunteer Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Nightingale Home Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The monetary compensation was fair

Cons

I WAS WARNED ABOUT THIS PLACE AND DIDNT LISTEN, PLEASE DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE.

I was let go after three weeks due to the fact they felt it "wasnt a good fit". I had barely even started because one and half weeks were training. I left a job of over a year for this company and Im livid. They had no idea what they were doing with me or my position when i started and changed me from hospice to home health the day of my orientation. They didnt even know who my supervisor was for upwards of 3 hours, The job description and actual responsibilities were not even similar. They pay nothing for mileage and audit your every move. I am so disappointed with this company.

Rn

I worked at Nightingale Home Healthcare

Pros

None. No pros for this company. Stay away !
    ------------ /--------- ------- :----------------

Cons

Awful place to work. Really messed up place to work, like living under marshal law

Advice to Management

Dr Barr is a joke. Employees are dogged with little respect. Culture is terrible. They have cameras in the BR . Crazy bad place to work.

Fake reviews to combat all the negative ones...really? How pathetic...

Former Employee - Human Resources (HAHA!)
    Former Employee - Human Resources (HAHA!)

I worked at Nightingale Home Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

When they make their employees go onto the internet to combat all the native comments that's pretty pathetic, don't you think?? They obviously think we are all stupid. There are 41+ reviews in this list and the VAST MAJORITY are extremely negative. Glassdoor users are exercising their rights offered by the US Constitution. Their reputation is already terrible (obviously if you have read any of the reviews or know anyone who has every worked for them).

Cons

They are abusive and completely devalue the idea of loyalty. They operate through scare tactics. They suspend you for no reason without pay with no explanation after the fact. They don't approve PDO/PTO requests. They don't value family or "off" time. And they currently have no one working in HR who has been there for 5 years or more (see Sept 29th review). They need to start focusing on patient care, paying their bills and the business as a whole and stop worrying about crumbs on the floor and who was 1 minute late coming back from lunch.

Advice to Management

Go back to where they came from.