Nimble Storage

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Nimble Storage CEO Suresh Vasudevan

Suresh Vasudevan

Intern: Great People, Great Atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone is friendly, willing to sit down with you and share knowledge. Company lunches are an excellent time to get to know different people within the company as well. Things move fast, and most of the work you're doing generally has a long term purpose.

ConsAs an intern, coordinating with your manager can be a little difficult at times, and sometimes I felt as if I was not utilized to my best capabilities. This is not a reflection on my manager or Nimble, but on my experience.

I haven't been part of a better organization in my life - everyone is so humble

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

Pros#1 - Founders have a keen focus on providing the best possible culture, experience and enjoyment across the company.
    #2 - The Product and CASL is so disruptive that it's not yet unleashed its full potential and this will bring the company to $1B of revenue one day.
    #3 - Work Life and Time Off is well-differentiated by Nimble providing Unlimited Time off. This gives you a chance to truly manage your own schedule and spend time with your families when you need it most.
    #4 - No Jerk Policy is unique and effective. I have yet to experience a jerk at Nimble and this is what truly brings a company forward; with the best possible team you can work for.

ConsRight now, I haven't seen one con and that's very surprising. Time will tell.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the momentum as we take share in the storage market. The foundation of the CORE principles need to always stay in place for the further success of this company. Leadership couldn't be better. Suresh, Varun and Umesh are truly some of the most humble and truly genuine folks I've ever met.

Level headed executives. No hype, just results.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsWork and life balance. Great technology and executives with skillful strategic command of Nimble enterprise.

ConsAggressive deadlines and tendency to cram too many features in short cycles.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on being level headed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not the best of choices

ProsNice Area - Silicon Valley, brand-new building, lots of free junk food (a pro for some).

If you are okay with/like to brown-nose and are good at it (I do not mean this in a demeaning way, it's simply how some people operate) it could be a good fit.

ConsAlmost everything else falls into this category.Culture started off decently, but it's rapidly gone down hill. There's an absurd amount of favoritism at this company; hard/intelligent work seems to go unnoticed/unappreciated across the majority of teams, however brown-nosing seems to go a very long ways. Senior management tend to hire/promote their friends, which results in a bunch of people (some in high places) that know absolutely nothing about what they are overseeing/talking about, which brings a lot of distress to those who put their all into their jobs.

Management (even mid-level) here is extremely high-level, and tends not to provide any guidance or even general availability which makes this is a terrible place for someone who is interested in career/skill development (and in many cases - simply finishing a task).

My "Business Outlook" rating is based solely on how well I think the company will push their product, in terms of culture/work environment, I am almost certain it will get worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate hard-workers and stop with all the penny-pinching (maybe move some of the Sales budget; they are treated like royalty, while the rest of the teams are treated like peons...a phenomenon that's very highly noticed by everyone), I understand this is a newly public company and the numbers need to be met, but you won't be able to meet those numbers over the long term with a disgruntled workforce.

Mixed feelings!

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood work/life balance. Good company growth and a good product.

ConsThe directors/senior directors in this company are creating a riot in this company. The founders have a lot of trust in them but these directors are misusing their powers and end up taking a lot of bad decisions. Lots of favoritism in hiring. No one follows" no jerk" policy. I see a lot of people who get rejected by the team during interviews but still get hired just because the director knows them. This is a major affliction to the work quality and is a demotivating factor for the smarter counterparts. No appreciation is given to the hard working people. Again, promotions and raises are given to the people who are upper-management's favorites.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease! Please open your eyes and see what the management below you is upto. Sometimes, all they need is a person above to tame them down and get steered in the right direction. Otherwise, the company might lose some good people soon. Some kind of intervention is needed before it becomes too bad.

Great place to work at

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

Prosflexibility, innovation and the smart people make it a fun place to work.

ConsToo much competition in the storage industry in general so future is foggy.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you are doing.

Overall a great company... still needs work

ProsAccessible, motivating Executives and great culture

ConsSlow in creating process and too many things being done ad-hoc

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing the vision

Not an Equal Opportunity Employer

Staff Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGood, Bright Office. Fully Equipped Kitchen. There is some IP, though not all of the product.

ConsToo much Friends and Family climate. Very unprofessional a the top layers (Founders, VPs and Directors).
    Very unprofessional work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on Innovation, than packaging

Work culture is average

ProsNice new campus. Ping pong tables, well stocked kitchens, an onsite gym

ConsDecisions made are not well thought out.

Extremely fluid and direct communication between departments.

Marketing (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

"No Jerks Allowed" policy works amazing
    Fun/energetic teams

ConsTechnical Jargon
    Getting Feedback
    Explaining long-term goals and plans

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on creating a better understanding of the technology and road-map with all employees and help bridge the gap between non-technical and technical roles.

Worked for Nimble Storage? Contribute to the Community!