Nissan

www.nissan-global.com

Nissan Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Nissan – Japan – “Nissan Global Head Office”

Nissan Co-Chairman, President, CEO, Representative Board Member, and Member of the Executive Committee Carlos Ghosn

Carlos Ghosn

Pros
  • Work environment relatively clean and friendly(in 3 reviews)

• You can use the cars for weekends if you ask for one(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Crazy working hours: sometimes meetings at 9 PM(in 6 reviews)

• Work life balance is completely missing(in 3 reviews)

Very dependable work environment.

Tax Manager (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

Proscompany feels obligate to current employees and has not laid off workers in its lifetime in the US.

Conscompany is very behind from a technological standpoint in IS.

Interesting and challenging, but didn't go anywhere.

Intern (Former Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsWorked with a great team, lots of access to upper management for an intern, lots of intern activities. Looks great on a resume. Free car / discounted car.

ConsWas expecting to come out with a job offer, or some idea of what to expect post-graduation, but was left hanging.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonestly, I really enjoyed all interactions with upper-management.

Everyday is a new adventure and the people are amazing.

Express Lane Service Advisor (Former Employee) Newport News, VA

ProsGood pay, benefits. Always new and exciting things happening. Awesome Co-workers.

ConsLarge turnover of employees. Long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time with your workers. We work hard to make you happy and we would like to be heard a little better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worked very hard from 7-6pm and every Saturday 7-4pm

Service Representative (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThe people I worked with were really nice and friendly. They had great personalities.

ConsWorked all day doing my job subbing for others when they were out and did more than was expected with no appreciation.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow those who show great work ethic the opportunity to advance in position and pay.

It has gone terribly down hill... Quality and caring about employees are no longer the concern.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Smyrna, TN

ProsLeased vehicles. That's it at this point.

ConsThe best days as a place employees enjoy and are proud to work at are long gone.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's all about saving a dime at the expense of quality and the employees. Unqualified people are promoted through the "good ol boy network." I used to love working here about 10-15 years ago. Management cared about employees then and actual knew what they were doing. The new style of management here are arrogant and pompous and unqualified.

Engineer, develop and test vehicle components

Engineer (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsLocation is in a good area of greater Detroit area. Non union manufacturing

ConsNo carrer opportunities. One engineer is asked to do the job of 2-3 people. Long working hours. Defined pension plan was cancelled and bonuses reduced. Big disconnect between what the upper managment wants and what the company can deliver.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate career opportunities for everybody in the company

My experience at Nissan has been overall rewarding. I have learned much about the manufacturing industry in my position.

Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) Smyrna, TN

ProsGreat benefits and time off are offered, as well as insurance (health, dental, vision), life insurance, 401k, etc. Work environment relatively clean and friendly.

ConsPromotion selection could use some work. I am by nature a fast grower/learner, and have felt stagnant in my job for quite some time. Opportunities seem to be given to others in a loose "good-ol-boy" system to people who are sorely underqualified for their positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people a chance to prove themselves. Subject lower level management and line leads frequent anonymous employee surveys.

great company to work for...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX

Prosexcellent benefits...401K, pension, profit sharing.

Conslow to mid range salary...difficult to move upward into management (due to average employee tenure of 10 - 15 years)

One big lie. Co-Workers were great but the Management was terrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe atmosphere between the sales team was the best part about being a car salesman.

ConsThey paint a pretty picture but its all a lie.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonesty will get you to the top faster.

Interesting work, challenging hours and culture, rewarding experience

Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) Farmington Hills, MI

ProsDiverse cultural environment, focus on end result

ConsDifficult to advance in career

Advice to Senior ManagementMore attention to employees' talents and aspirations

Worked for Nissan? Contribute to the Community!