Nissan Reviews

Updated September 3, 2014
Updated September 3, 2014
3.5

Nissan Co-Chairman, President, CEO, Representative Board Member, and Member of the Executive Committee Carlos Ghosn
Carlos Ghosn

Pros
  • Work environment relatively clean and friendly (in 3 reviews)

• You can use the cars for weekends if you ask for one (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Crazy working hours: sometimes meetings at 9 PM (in 6 reviews)

• Work life balance is completely missing (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

pretty nice place

Former Employee - Car Salesman  in  Folsom, CA
    Former Employee - Car Salesman in Folsom, CA

I worked at Nissan full-time for more than a year

Pros

good training, always moving and can have something to do. good commisions

Cons

long hours hardly any time off

Experience at Nissan

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Nissan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nissan is flexable and dynamic and the ability to react in a truly changing environment by rotating and facilitating large volumes of work.

Cons

It is tough to strive for a worklife balance in this type of environment with a constant change to practice every two to three months.

Very nice place to work

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Roswell, GA

I have been working at Nissan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family owned store,
    No pressure from the management
    Big support from the Managers
    Big Potential on high income

Cons

Crazy working hours
    Sat,Sun, and all the holiday work hours

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience at NTCNA has been beneficial with great experience in my field.

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Accountant in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Nissan full-time for less than a year

Pros

Life-work balance, great people, team atmoshpere

Cons

Stressful at times, depending on the position there is little to no solid training

Great working environment, little pay

Former Employee - Internet Sales  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Internet Sales in Nashville, TN

I worked at Nissan full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are great to work with

Cons

Pay and benefits are horrible

Dont take all the money for yourself

nissan auto salaes

I have been working at Nissan

Pros

opportunity to make a decent living if you put in the effort.

Cons

long hours and upset wife, and kids.

Great company, and product

Current Employee - Car Salesman
    Current Employee - Car Salesman

I have been working at Nissan full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great learning environment, with great opportunity for who ever wants to work hard.

Cons

Not for the person who is not willing to put everything into this job.

It would be preferable to any employee working the sales floor to never have to work a 9am to 9pm shift when there is a family to get to.

Car sales can be good

I have been working at Nissan

Pros

It is a great way to make a living and get to meet new people all the time. The money can be great if you are willing to work for it. It is a fun and interesting way to make a living if you enjoy talking with strangers and getting to know them.

Cons

The hours will suck, and the customers do not always care if it is not a good time for you. So you wind up eating some crap from them unless you want to give up part of your commission and have someone else help them if you are off. Sometimes the people you work with are not the best but that is everywhere.

Great product, but could use some improvement.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Nissan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I sold Nissans for 3 years, but I’ve been a fan of Nissan since I was child. My parents and I have been driving Nissan for 25 years we want to continue that legacy. Nissan offers an excellent product line up with innovating ideas which makes Nissan one of the leaders in foreign auto market. I believe in the product and drive what I sell.
    It’s easy to get Nissan certified and the NNAnet.com site offers a lot of product knowledge for the sales consultant to accumulate to help become a better sales consultant.
    Nissan offers a program to sales consultants during the football season called Sunday Night Rewards which sales consultant depending on which cars they sell during that week and pick the correct football team can accumulate points to which they can cash in for nice things such as Jewelry, gift cards, electronics, apparel, and the list goes on. Unfortunately, this is one of the only rewards/spiffs/spins that Nissan offers other than selling a Nissan Leaf and they discontinued it.

Cons

It’s hard to make money by selling new Nissans on top of your regular dealer pay. Nissan customers just like more foreign car buyers are educated buyers and pretty much know what they want and how much they are going to pay before they enter in the dealership. Nissan has an award of excellence program called Owner First which pays sales consultants based on selling minimum of 6 cars each month, meet NSSI survey minimum of 6, and having a 3 month rolling average score of 933. It’s hard to meet these requirements each month and just recently Nissan raised the requirements yet again to selling a minimum of 8 cars and having a rolling average score of 938.
    Nissan doesn’t start paying the sales consultants until they met their requirements above. Some manufactures will pay their sales consultants extra money on top of their regular dealer pay without having a minimal numbers of cars sold like Kia Hyundai and GM.

The Nissan survey is by far one of the biggest jokes. We cannot coach on the survey but every other manufacture allows it. If you are caught coaching on the survey and the customer indicates it on the survey, Nissan throws a fit at that particular dealership. Why should the sales consultant be penalized on the survey for what happens in finance, variety of inventory, appearance of facility, when it’s something that I have no control over? This is I think one of the main reasons why you do not see that many Nissan sales consultants staying with Nissan for a long period of time. It was one of the reasons why I left. A couple of weeks after I left Nissan, I received a survey in my email about my experience working with Nissan. I did take the time to fill out it and how I think Nissan could improve and keep their sales consultants happy. But I see after that they raised the bar yet again and never took my suggestions.

Re-work the Nissan Survey to where the sales consultant cannot get deducted for questions that the sales consultant has no control over. Listen to your sales consultants and managers at the dealerships when you stop in. We will tell you how we feel and how to fix the problems.Offer spins and pay your sales consultants a little money per car not a minimal requirement. If Nissan paid their sales consultants better, I guarantee more sales consultants would stay with Nissan including me.

NMAC was great to work for as I did a long time, the problem is Nissan North America don't work for them.

Former Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Irving, TX

I worked at Nissan full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Small IT department but accomplish more than all the other affiliates

Cons

No many chances to move up if you're a technical person

Oversee your other affiliates better

Worked for Nissan? Contribute to the Community!