Nissan

www.nissan-global.com

Nissan Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014
Nissan – Japan – “Nissan Global Head Office”

Nissan – Japan – “Nissan Global Head Office”

Nissan Co-Chairman, President, CEO, Representative Board Member, and Member of the Executive Committee Carlos Ghosn

Carlos Ghosn

Pros
  • Work environment relatively clean and friendly (in 3 reviews)

• You can use the cars for weekends if you ask for one (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Crazy working hours: sometimes meetings at 9 PM (in 6 reviews)

• Work life balance is completely missing (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Very nice place to work

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Roswell, GA

ProsFamily owned store,
    No pressure from the management
    Big support from the Managers
    Big Potential on high income

ConsCrazy working hours
    Sat,Sun, and all the holiday work hours

Experience at Nissan

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsNissan is flexable and dynamic and the ability to react in a truly changing environment by rotating and facilitating large volumes of work.

ConsIt is tough to strive for a worklife balance in this type of environment with a constant change to practice every two to three months.

My experience at NTCNA has been beneficial with great experience in my field.

Accountant (Current Employee) Farmington Hills, MI

ProsLife-work balance, great people, team atmoshpere

ConsStressful at times, depending on the position there is little to no solid training

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great working environment, little pay

Internet Sales (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsPeople are great to work with

ConsPay and benefits are horrible

Advice to Senior ManagementDont take all the money for yourself

nissan auto salaes

Prosopportunity to make a decent living if you put in the effort.

Conslong hours and upset wife, and kids.

Great company, and product

Car Salesman (Current Employee)

ProsA great learning environment, with great opportunity for who ever wants to work hard.

ConsNot for the person who is not willing to put everything into this job.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be preferable to any employee working the sales floor to never have to work a 9am to 9pm shift when there is a family to get to.

Car sales can be good

ProsIt is a great way to make a living and get to meet new people all the time. The money can be great if you are willing to work for it. It is a fun and interesting way to make a living if you enjoy talking with strangers and getting to know them.

ConsThe hours will suck, and the customers do not always care if it is not a good time for you. So you wind up eating some crap from them unless you want to give up part of your commission and have someone else help them if you are off. Sometimes the people you work with are not the best but that is everywhere.

Great product, but could use some improvement.

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsI sold Nissans for 3 years, but I’ve been a fan of Nissan since I was child. My parents and I have been driving Nissan for 25 years we want to continue that legacy. Nissan offers an excellent product line up with innovating ideas which makes Nissan one of the leaders in foreign auto market. I believe in the product and drive what I sell.
    It’s easy to get Nissan certified and the NNAnet.com site offers a lot of product knowledge for the sales consultant to accumulate to help become a better sales consultant.
    Nissan offers a program to sales consultants during the football season called Sunday Night Rewards which sales consultant depending on which cars they sell during that week and pick the correct football team can accumulate points to which they can cash in for nice things such as Jewelry, gift cards, electronics, apparel, and the list goes on. Unfortunately, this is one of the only rewards/spiffs/spins that Nissan offers other than selling a Nissan Leaf and they discontinued it.

ConsIt’s hard to make money by selling new Nissans on top of your regular dealer pay. Nissan customers just like more foreign car buyers are educated buyers and pretty much know what they want and how much they are going to pay before they enter in the dealership. Nissan has an award of excellence program called Owner First which pays sales consultants based on selling minimum of 6 cars each month, meet NSSI survey minimum of 6, and having a 3 month rolling average score of 933. It’s hard to meet these requirements each month and just recently Nissan raised the requirements yet again to selling a minimum of 8 cars and having a rolling average score of 938.
    Nissan doesn’t start paying the sales consultants until they met their requirements above. Some manufactures will pay their sales consultants extra money on top of their regular dealer pay without having a minimal numbers of cars sold like Kia Hyundai and GM.

The Nissan survey is by far one of the biggest jokes. We cannot coach on the survey but every other manufacture allows it. If you are caught coaching on the survey and the customer indicates it on the survey, Nissan throws a fit at that particular dealership. Why should the sales consultant be penalized on the survey for what happens in finance, variety of inventory, appearance of facility, when it’s something that I have no control over? This is I think one of the main reasons why you do not see that many Nissan sales consultants staying with Nissan for a long period of time. It was one of the reasons why I left. A couple of weeks after I left Nissan, I received a survey in my email about my experience working with Nissan. I did take the time to fill out it and how I think Nissan could improve and keep their sales consultants happy. But I see after that they raised the bar yet again and never took my suggestions.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-work the Nissan Survey to where the sales consultant cannot get deducted for questions that the sales consultant has no control over. Listen to your sales consultants and managers at the dealerships when you stop in. We will tell you how we feel and how to fix the problems.Offer spins and pay your sales consultants a little money per car not a minimal requirement. If Nissan paid their sales consultants better, I guarantee more sales consultants would stay with Nissan including me.

NMAC was great to work for as I did a long time, the problem is Nissan North America don't work for them.

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsSmall IT department but accomplish more than all the other affiliates

ConsNo many chances to move up if you're a technical person

Advice to Senior ManagementOversee your other affiliates better

Good place to work for while figuring out your life or next step.

CR Representative (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsSteady work, good medical benefits. easy job.

Consmanagement is temperamental, outdated, and emotional

Advice to Senior Managementget a new SR manager

Worked for Nissan? Contribute to the Community!