Nissan Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. nissan auto salaes

I have been working at Nissan

Pros

opportunity to make a decent living if you put in the effort.

Cons

long hours and upset wife, and kids.

2. Great company, and product

Current Employee - Car Salesman
    Current Employee - Car Salesman

I have been working at Nissan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great learning environment, with great opportunity for who ever wants to work hard.

Cons

Not for the person who is not willing to put everything into this job.

Advice to Management

It would be preferable to any employee working the sales floor to never have to work a 9am to 9pm shift when there is a family to get to.

3. Car sales can be good

I have been working at Nissan

Pros

It is a great way to make a living and get to meet new people all the time. The money can be great if you are willing to work for it. It is a fun and interesting way to make a living if you enjoy talking with strangers and getting to know them.

Cons

The hours will suck, and the customers do not always care if it is not a good time for you. So you wind up eating some crap from them unless you want to give up part of your commission and have someone else help them if you are off. Sometimes the people you work with are not the best but that is everywhere.

5. Great product, but could use some improvement.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Nissan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I sold Nissans for 3 years, but I’ve been a fan of Nissan since I was child. My parents and I have been driving Nissan for 25 years we want to continue that legacy. Nissan offers an excellent product line up with innovating ideas which makes Nissan one of the leaders in foreign auto market. I believe in the product and drive what I sell. It’s easy to get Nissan certified and the NNAnet.com site offers a lot of product knowledge for the sales consultant to accumulate to help become a better sales consultant. Nissan offers a program to sales consultants during the football season called Sunday Night Rewards which sales consultant depending on which cars they sell during that week and pick the correct football team can accumulate points to which they can cash in for nice things such as Jewelry, gift cards, electronics, apparel, and the list goes on. Unfortunately, this is one of the only rewards/spiffs/spins that Nissan offers other than selling a Nissan Leaf and they discontinued it.

Cons

It’s hard to make money by selling new Nissans on top of your regular dealer pay. Nissan customers just like more foreign car buyers are educated buyers and pretty much know what they want and how much they are going to pay before they enter in the dealership. Nissan has an award of excellence program called Owner First which pays sales consultants based on selling minimum of 6 cars each month, meet NSSI survey minimum of 6, and having a 3 month rolling average score of 933. It’s hard to meet these requirements each month and just recently Nissan raised the requirements yet again to selling a minimum of 8 cars and having a rolling average score of 938. Nissan doesn’t start paying the sales consultants until they met their requirements above. Some manufactures will pay their sales consultants extra money on top of their regular dealer pay without having a minimal numbers of cars sold like Kia Hyundai and GM. The Nissan survey is by far one of the biggest jokes. We cannot coach on the survey but every other manufacture allows it. If you are caught coaching on the survey and the customer indicates it on the survey, Nissan throws a fit at that particular dealership. Why should the sales consultant be penalized on the survey for what happens in finance, variety of inventory, appearance of facility, when it’s something that I have no control over? This is I think one of the main reasons why you do not see that many Nissan sales consultants staying with Nissan for a long period of time. It was one of the reasons why I left. A couple of weeks after I left Nissan, I received a survey in my email about my experience working with Nissan. I did take the time to fill out it and how I think Nissan could improve and keep their sales consultants happy. But I see after that they raised the bar yet again and never took my suggestions.

Advice to Management

Re-work the Nissan Survey to where the sales consultant cannot get deducted for questions that the sales consultant has no control over. Listen to your sales consultants and managers at the dealerships when you stop in. We will tell you how we feel and how to fix the problems.Offer spins and pay your sales consultants a little money per car not a minimal requirement. If Nissan paid their sales consultants better, I guarantee more sales consultants would stay with Nissan including me.

6. NMAC was great to work for as I did a long time, the problem is Nissan North America don't work for them.

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Irving, TX

I worked at Nissan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Small IT department but accomplish more than all the other affiliates

Cons

No many chances to move up if you're a technical person

Advice to Management

Oversee your other affiliates better

7. Good place to work for while figuring out your life or next step.

Current Employee - CR Representative in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - CR Representative in Irving, TX

I have been working at Nissan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Steady work, good medical benefits. easy job.

Cons

management is temperamental, outdated, and emotional

Advice to Management

get a new SR manager

Good company with opportunity for longevity

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Torrance, CA

I worked at Nissan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Loyal to employees create long tenures for employees. Many employees have worked with Nissan for more than 20 years. Even in times of financial recession the company worked hard to avoid layoffs for its employees.

Cons

Though you may have the opportunity to stay with the company for a long time opportunity for advancement may be slim.

Advice to Management

Nissan is a great place to work but would benefit from developing effective ways to develop and retain talent

9. It was a great sales experience!

Current Employee - Car Salesman in West Covina, CA
    Current Employee - Car Salesman in West Covina, CA

I have been working at Nissan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot work at nissan, great company to work for. The GM and GSM were great to work for.

Cons

Long hours, sometimes you spend hours with a customer and they don't get anything. Customers would either want to buy and not be able to buy or waste your time.

10. Nissan experience

I worked at Nissan

Pros

Nissan is an innovative company.

Cons

No company is a perfect company.

11. Very dependable work environment.

Current Employee - Tax Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Tax Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Nissan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

company feels obligate to current employees and has not laid off workers in its lifetime in the US.

Cons

company is very behind from a technological standpoint in IS.

RSS Feed </> Embed