Nissan
www.nissan-global.com Yokohama, Japan 5000+ Employees

Nissan Reviews in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 11, 2014
Nissan – Japan – “Nissan Global Head Office”

Nissan Co-Chairman, President, CEO, Representative Board Member, and Member of the Executive Committee Carlos Ghosn

Carlos Ghosn

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

An excellent progressive company

Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

ProsOpportunities and support. well rewrded

Consdemanding and at times difficult to satisfy

Advice to Senior Managementbe more aware of long serving employees capabilities

Learn a lot, develop practical skills, but watch out for office politics.

Placement Engineer (Former Employee)
    Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

ProsIf you get in the right team, it's really rewarding - you can learn a lot from some very intelligent, experienced engineers. Development of practical skills is also emphasised which is something I enjoyed.

ConsOften quite fractious relations between different teams, and between the engineering and production staff. Unrealistic SM targets also an issue - being compared to a brand new factory is not something you want to hear.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication between engineering teams needs to be improved. Comparing a brand new factory to one that is being constantly updated is not helpful.

company profile

Design Engineer (Current Employee)
    Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Prosgood company to work with good oppurtunities to visit global suppliers

Consno cons as far as i experienced

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good work Environment, good benefits

Brand Intelligence Officer (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsYou get very good benefits. It is an international work environment with more than 20 nationalities. Nice and friendly people to work with.

ConsIt is in "Paris" but actually the offices are quite far from the city center. May take long until you get a promotion. Working with the headquarters is Japan is very challenging

Well organised with positive 'can do' culture; pressure to perform but not much recognition.

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Newcastle, England (UK)

ProsPositive goal achievement culture, well organised, reasonable training opportunities - e.g. 80% sponsorship for higher education.

ConsLimited career opportunities. Long working hours expected - seen as the 'norm' by management, therefore little appreciation shown. Pressure to perform, but little difference in reward between good performance and average performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementOn a company level senior management are doing a fair job maintaining business competitiveness. On an individual level performance and reward (recognition/remuneration/career prospects) are poorly linked.

Worked for Nissan? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nissan reviews and ratings in United Kingdom — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Nissan employees.