Nisum Technologies

Imtiaz Mohammady

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good and friendly.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsA Desi firm with Desi focus. Nisum has offshore development centers in Hyderabad. For certain projects there are people working onsite at the client locations in the Bay Area and several people working at their offshore location in Hyderabad. H1B and green acrd processes will be smooth.

ConsYou may not get research and development opportunities here. This is a consultancy firm and work with clients such as Gap, Macy's etc. You can get to work on projects they are working on with these clients. Most projects are ecommerce application projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery good management for the business model followed. No suggestions.
    The base salary should reflect the potential. There are multiple positions open for new grads. New grads are in much greater demand than experienced in many cases. Paying good San Francisco salary will be good. MS graduates from good Universities have a lot of potential and they will not choose an option which will put them out of the market in a year. Offering good career responsibilities will be crucial in retaining them.

Good, getting better.....

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsHaving couple of major e-commerce retailers as clients gives you opportunity to work on some cutting-edge technologies & processes (depends on the team & project). Sometimes, bleeding-edge too. Again, it totally depends on the team you're in.

ConsCompany by itself didn't have any strategy towards growth in technology except following what is followed by clients. But, it is changing now. I hope it will be better in coming times.

Advice to Senior ManagementDe-centralize the decision making authority. Recruit skilled & passionate engineers, not just who can talk.

good biling

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFast Paced, Good people, Boss and environment.

ConsFast Paced, Desi Style, competitive

Worked for Nisum Technologies? Contribute to the Community!