No Fear Reviews

2.0

Mr. Mark Simo

If you work for no fear you could easily notice its hard to move up, no pay raises, no commission.

Current Employee - Sales Floor  in  Chico, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Floor in Chico, CA

I have been working at No Fear

Pros

One pro would be having good discounts

Cons

working for no fear can be very unfair. Other employees have said the same

learn how to better train managers

Truly a job for those who really love Motocross culture

Former Employee - Team Lead  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at No Fear

Pros

No Fear is a good place to work if you're a motocross enthusiast or if you genuinely like the brands they sell (Metal Mulisha, Hostility, SRH, etc).

Cons

-There is a 'chain of command' rule which essentially prevents any employee that is not the store manager from contacting corporate (this means you have no way to report issues with store management).

-The required music they play in the stores can really be grinding on the nerves and it MUST be played at a pretty high volume.

-No Fear's entire employee policy is made up of no less than 7 acronyms that you're expected to memorize.

-This may sound subjective, but it isn't. There is little to no respect for Sales Associates and Team Leads employed by No Fear and this is practically written into No Fear's guide lines and procedures. Store managers are allowed to formally reprimand their employees regardless of whether it is warranted or not.

-If you're not into the brands sold by No Fear, some of the clothing can be out right embarrassing to promote (during my time there we sold shirts that said, 'bang sluts' and 'I <3 white bitches).

-Finally, the senior director of retail sales sends lengthy inspirational e-mails on a daily basis which all employees are expected to read. This wouldn't be so bad, but these e-mails can be extraordinarily ridiculous.

-First, I'd suggest doing away with the 'chain of command' clause. No Fear Inc. is not the military, no one's life is at stake when senior employees are questioned. In fact the only thing this rule does is allow rampant mismanagement. This is definitely the case in the Daytona store and from what I've heard, in other stores as well.

-I'd also recommend paying a bit more attention to your sales associates and team leads. While I was employed in the Daytona store, any opinion I or the sales associates had on any aspect of the store was completely ignored. Perhaps we haven't been with the company as long as the store managers have been, but we're still valuable employees and a good resource as well.

No Fear - don't fear this job, it's easy.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at No Fear

Pros

No Fear is a good place to work, but not if you are looking for anything challenging. Simple job, simple pay. Managers are friendly and supportive as the entire company works on a family unit managerial style.

Cons

Below-average pay, retails hours vary quite a bit and most customers are bottom of the barrel in regards to having to deal with stoned, drunk or otherwise stupid people on a daily basis.

Increase pay to keep on good employees and streamline the communication process.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unorganized.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at No Fear

Pros

Laid back, ok hours, decent discount. Not really though.

Cons

Pay is very low for management, unprofessional managers, too many shady people,

One little visit every year or so from corporate is not going to solve any of the issues No Fear has. They hire if you have "the look" and "attitude". It just so happens that this specific "look" and "attitude" usually is better off in jail rather than in a store managing.

Worked for No Fear? Contribute to the Community!